Monday 20 February 2017

Time for the Stitche Removal Blues: Monday, February 20th!

A man who lies to himself, and believes his own lies, becomes unable to recognize truth, either in himself or in anyone else, and he ends up losing respect for himself and for others. -Fyodor Dostoevsky, novelist (1821-1881)


It was Lock and Worth but not outstanding. Raining here right now. Very slippery out. Got dad's painting stuff set up. He spent half the day organizing which was good as it meant he was awake. He is off for shower, heard from Dawn and got a friend request from Geordie Folka, Hugs Lady Dar

Hi Lady Lock & Worth! Trust painting is going well. Regards to Picasso. Arrived at Heartline at 9:30 am and was taken right away, 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment. Saw Dr Kennedy and he took out my stitches. Only felt the swab, not a thing when stitches were removed. [Doc wants me to wait for another week before returning to pool just to make sure the wound, though healing well, doesn't become infected.] Did a bit of shopping at SuperStore before coming home. 

Colleen had sent an earlier message saying a visit in the morning would be welcome. Marcia is more lively then. This being the case I bundled Etta into the carrier. Had to be a tad forceful as she didn't want to crouch down! No squeaks at all, however. Managed to find a parking spot in front so was pleased about that. Colleen wasn't in Marcia's room when I arrived. Nevertheless, I released Etta and while she sniffed everywhere I visited with Marcia.

She has lived in Masset, Queen Charlotte Islands, for past 34 years. I was just starting to tell her that we might have lived there, [Told Marps that if so, perhaps we'd never have met and she'd still be a school librarian in Vegreville, painting Ukrainian Easter eggs!], when I could see that she was in some sort of discomfort so I went to find a nurse. Bumped into Colleen talking to the doctor, in hallway outside. She hadn't seen me when we arrived as she was in the lounge area. Anyway, we returned to Marcia's room when she was receiving her medication. Miss Etta, of course, was very interested in cabinet where drugs and such are kept. Duke would have been batting pills and syringes all over!  

Once nurse left, we continued to visit but Marcia soon dropped off. Etta had settled by then and first sat on my lap on chair next to bed. Then I moved her to lie beside Marcia. Colleen and I continued to chat for a few minutes and then we decided to go. She had been there since 8:00 am and wanted to go home for lunch. Ernie, her husband, had dropped her off so I offered her a ride home. You may know where she lives but, if not, it isn't all that far from where you had the first book club meeting. Told her I was going to put Duke in his harness and start taking him for walks so if that goes reasonably well, I think I'll take him for next visit to Marcia. Harnessed, I can keep him in better check. Plenty of trouble for him to get into in her room. All sorts of things to knock over and swing from! 

Light rain here so the International Soccer Match is being played in the living room, with an acorn!. Duke found a great recipe for acorn soup in Whitewater Cooks so we plan to make it for dinner this evening! Duchess Etta wants smoked salmon and caviar so must away to the deli! Fondestos to one and all at Ace Bay. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Stitchless Scarface; acorn soup! 

You look like you were in a bar fight Poppa Winston is jealous that your stitches are out while his are still in his booty cheek! Just shampooed my carpets with a new machine, gosh I love appliances Lol Enjoying the long weekend Monday off xoxo Hi Not My President Day Person! You should see the other guy! Glad you are infatuated with your carpet cleaner but you better not let your Mother know as she wants you to be in love with a human, not a droid! Sorry to hear that Winston has stitches as well, and in his poor bottom! What happened?

Perhaps you should put him on a plane and send him to Penticton. Duke really needs to play with someone who likes a ball as much as he does. I can hardly send any messages as he has now decided he wants to play fetch all night long. His latest trick is to drop the crumpled paper in one of the water dishes so that I needs must provide him with a "new" soccer ball. Talk about an entitled athlete! In spite of all your carpet shampooing I hope you are well-rested for work tomorrow. Best wishes to Winston from his Canadian cousins. Love, Dad!

Hello Winnie was already scheduled to be put under for his yearly deep dental cleaning and had a small cyst on his right cheek that he has been trying to gnaw off lately so they removed it while he was under and he has four staples :(

It's so much easier to love appliances rather than humans but perhaps there's a clean freak out there who would appreciate a woman who wields a vacuum better than anyone out there!!

Was a very busy weekend...even had to edit episodes of Monk at home in bed in preparation for the series' debut on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries...quite funny as the former detective, played by Tony Shalhoub, has to deal with severe OCD while on the case. Tell the cats that Winston sends his love...are you missing Mom? Had a great dinner with the boys and their beloveds last night though Sam was a bit under the weather unfortunately. Good night and sweet dreams to all Love Ayn xo
 
Hi Deep Dental Clean Pooch Owner! Staples, we spit on staples! No time to miss Lady Dar! Cats miss her as they are used to lap love in the Rumpus Room, each day, when she watches Victor terrorize Genoa City! Felines have special, extra-crunchy food that is designed to take tartar off their teeth, (Guess we'll be able to tell, at some point, if it actually works! I hope so!], but both floss every night with me! Tonight, when I was brushing my teeth Parrot Boy hopped, from the counter, onto my upper back and shoulders and stayed there, perfectly balanced until I was finished, four minutes later! Then, he actually managed to grab the floss as I was about to insert it under my bridge. After I was finished flossing he went wild chasing it on the small rug in the bathroom. We'd still be there if he had any say.

If you had to work, at least you could identify with character! Monk is a pretty big deal, isn't it? I've always liked Tony Shalhoub but don't think I've seen the series in question. Glad your dinner went well but sorry to hear Sam wasn't feeling all that well. Sweet Dreams to you, Ayn. Sleep well. Love, Dad!
 
 
Thank you for coming or the birthday party and the photos, and the ecard. Come anytime with Etta . She is better in the morning. Colleen Hi Colleen! Glad you enjoyed the card and photos. Any cake left? What time, approximately, is best, around 11:00am? I have to run a few errands this morning and I don't really want to leave Etta in the car while I'm out and about. I won't be all that long so if around 11:00 am +/-, works I could pop by then. Rest of the week is also free so let me know what you think. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
That would be great. Colleen

 
Thanks for the newsy email re: comings and goings at your place! Those kitties are cute… as long as they don’t kill each other…I am well and dancing about twice per week.. so keeps me exercising - otherwise I would be in the gym on a bike… and lifting weights. Seems the TV and I have a serious relationship… if someone took my remote, bad news for them!!! Sad but true..

Have seen Joanne once since her return from her last trip and now she’s gone again… oh well.. she is having fun… Glad you’re getting stronger and should be able to bike outside soon.. just in time for spring…..

I will be on a cruise April 11th to Catalina Island from here and back to here…no flying involved… dance people on this one so should be fun. Not too adventurous but nice to have time away… 2 couples meeting me in SFO and Catalina Isle. Canadian women who married Americans. Cheers! JLW


Hi Catalina Bound Babe! What a great trip! I have always wanted to visit the island but we never seem to have enough time when down in LA. Didn't realize that you were such a power dancer! I'm sure it must be loads of fun. Lady Dar is very, very disappointed that I am not a full-tilt bogie boy as she loves to jive! We saw JT at New Year's but haven't heard much since.Had a message from DMCI Alumini Association and there is a pancake breakfast in March. Are you going? Asked the same of home-room classmate, Erika Kinn, who lives on Downing, [Same house as when we were at Daniel!], but also owns a huge B&B property in Summerland. We always have great visits when she and her daughter, Amy, are out for a couple of months each summer. Amy is in First Year at UM and has missed quite a bit of school due to strikes, I believe.

Etta and Duke just came back inside, after their early morning romp outside, to have their breakfast. I have taken to working at my computer on the dining room table since Lady Dar is away. I like to have the radio on and I can only get CBC Radio Two via cable as Penticton only receives Radio One on regular radio. Funnily enough. our friends in Naramata receive both. I guess it has something to do with signal strength and relay towers.
All the best, JW. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: Off Limits Boy and Cosy Girl!

Hi Clayton! Trust you are well. Sorry that it has taken me some time to get back to you. I had though that a friend was interested in the feather box but it now turns out that my wife would like it. This being the case, I will send you an e-transfer for the price you quoted earlier, if the wonderful piece is still available, without the feather, as you had mentioned.  

I still wish to purchase Bear but will wait until the beginning of March, to send payment, if that is fine with you.  While I have only received an e-transfer I have never sent one. I assume all I need is your email address to complete the transaction. Please let me know your thoughts and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick thanks for thinking of Saveeta and me , and sending a card. Best wishes for 2017 for you too. Jenne Happy New Year, Jenne and Saveeta! Trust you are both well. Have you seen Claire or been working with her? She and Greg are off to Viet Nam, in April, for a river cruise, among other things, with close friends of ours, Michelle and Wayne. They were travelling with us, earlier, when we met in Darwin, in 2012. We had flown from Brisbane, where we were staying with C/G, to Cairns.

They are also talking about visiting us, here in the Okanagan, in June or July. These plans are not yet finalized,a s far as I know. Nevertheless, it would be wonderful if they do make the trip. 
All the best to you, Jenne, and Saveeta. Cheers
, Patrizzio!

Hi Marps! Thanks for article on exercise. I had seen it or something like it already but appreciate your thoughtfulness. Now, I need to see the one on drinking wine and malt and I'll live forever! Fondestos to one and all at The Curric Lab! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick, I am available to play Bridge on Tuesday night this week. Pam Yes I will play on Wednesday!!!! Thanks, Olly Hi Special Valentine! Not sure if you didn't see the messages flying back and forth but Jos cannot play on Wednesday this week and wants to play on Tuesday. [Longer story but enough for now!] Pam Webster is up for Tuesday and so are Gilliana and Phillipo, back from Sedona, later today. At least that is their plan. Hope you can make new date. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Had my stitches out this morning! Lady Dar smashed me across my snozz with a broken wine bottle when she thought I hadn't poured her enough hootch!

Hi Patrizzio, Your surgery site looks great and is healing very well going by the pics. As explained in previous email, disappointingly, I will not be able to join you but the rest of you enjoy your evening my friends and I'll see you soon Hi dear bridge friends, Wednesday is best for me for the next 2 weeks since awhile ago I have committed myself to ladies evening curling on Tuesday night since at that time that night was free. If it is possible to continue bridge on Wednesday for the next couple of weeks for sure. The curling ends on March 15th and then I am free to switch bridge over to Tuesdays. If not, I will miss all of you and join you as soon as I can. Just further note Ladies curling in Summerland is on Tuesday evenings only and I love to be able to curl but so I'm hoping we can work it out. Thank you so much and hugs, Olly

Welcome back Gill and Phil, I'll see you on Tuesday. @ Patrick's cozy corner. Jos
Hi Olga Polga!Thanks for your kind comments on my snozz. I must say I am pleased at how nicely it seems to be healing.

On the other hand, I'm truly sorry that the bridge evening has been changed, to your disadvantage. I must say I cannot understand why Jos didn't raise this issue when we were at your place or hers so that we could have had a bit of a discussion. I was completely unaware that this night of the week was chafing her and I feel badly that I was open to either night as I didn't realize you curled in the evening. I guess I just assumed it was during the day. Anyway, I'm certainly happy to play more bridge, (indeed, would welcome the opportunity), so if I can arrange it, would you be interested in playing on Wednesdays, at least until curling is over? Perhaps longer if others want to do so.

I know you, perhaps of all in the group, really want to play and improve and enjoy the game so I certainly don't want to put any obstacles in your way. At any rate, let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. We'll work something out, don't worry. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Nose is almost photo ready. Will get Etta a bigger carrier when I get back. Duke might behave if on a leash. Reading, cross stitching, and doing not much. George and Barb coming for dinner. Mom and I just got ribs ready. Dad is preparing a canvass. Curling on the tv. Hugs Lady Dar

Hi Short and Sweet Girl! Your last message sounded like it was a telegram! Don't waste words or time!!! Just finished cycling and when I was doing my leg stretching exercises, Parrot Boy was on my back for last set where I lean over armchair back. Finished watching Cardinal, based in Algonquin Bay, a fictional town between Toronto and Sudbury. based on some of the books we've read, I'm sure, but cannot place author. It was only four episodes long so I thought everything would be all wrapped up but am faced with a cliff-hanger so hope more are being made. Really like the actor who plays John Cardinal, as well his side-kick, Lise Delorme. Found an entry in Wikipedia so have answered some off my own questions:
 
Cardinal is a Canadian six-part crime drama television series, which premiered January 25, 2017, on CTV (in English) and Super Ɖcran (in French) An adaptation of Giles Blunt's award-winning mystery novel Forty Words for Sorrow, the series stars Billy Campbell as John Cardinal and Karine Vanasse as Lise Delorme, detectives investigating the murder of a young girl in Algonquin Bay.

Guess the last two episodes are not on Crave yet so you can catch up! Having bridge here tomorrow, as Jos is fussed about Wednesdays, as you may have read! Fine with me. Unfortunately, Olga Polga is committed to curling, on Tuesdays, [Ironically, she made arrangement when we moved to Wednesday evening!], until March 15th and she really wants to play/improve her game. Anyway, I'm sure everything will work out.

Had a message from Erika and she is starting to plan, with Andrea Kawchuk,
a special "Unbirthday" celebration in the Okanagan on the August long weekend, (most of us turn *0 in 2017)", and has suggested something over the 4th/5th/6th/7th, with us as co-hosts! Does this suit you? Don't think there will be all that many folk, but who knows?

Wild horses are really wild so I better put out their fodder to see if the promise of food might slow them down. This message is taking a bit of time as when I first started, Puppy-Dog Duke kept bringing his soccer ball to me, dropping it at my feet and expecting me to play his favourite fetch game! Just fed them and Etta is getting much better about shaking a paw. Satisfied sound of crunching so I'm off to shower! Have some ribs for me. Say hello to Barb and George. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Miss Etta "settling"!


Hello there "Straw widower"! In German, that's what they call a husband whose wife has gone on her own trip and "abandoned" him. [Hi again, Help Desk! Here is the notice. I meant to ask, is "Straw Widower" used because the husband has to sleep alone on a straw mattress? I assume this might have been the stuffing when saying was coined. Cheers, Cat Whisperer Patrizzio!] You don't sound very abandoned: book club, bridge, wining and dining friends. I have mislaid your telephone number in my swarm of papers and documents. I prefer to chat with you this week some time. Right now I am feeling gloomy, because one of my favorite aunts has passed away. The funeral is on Wednesday. Could we talk after that ? In the meantime, please send your #.
 

Andrea Kawchuk called last month and we had a nice long catch up chat. We would like to get the wheels in motion to have a special "Unbirthday" celebration in the Okanagan on the August long weekend. (most of us turn *0 in 2017). What do you think of that date ? Let's talk about it, since you and I would be the co-hosts. What flapjack fund-raiser are you talking about ? W5 ????? šŸ˜Š���� Hi Help Desk! Very sorry to learn of the death of one of your favourite aunts. [Dearest Erika, heartfelt condolences on the death of your Aunt. Much love, Corinne and Patrick.] Heartfelt condolences. Here is our phone number. Wednesday is fine to chat. I'll be home most of the day, certainly in the evening. I assume you might call after 5:00 pm our time, so 7:00 pm your time but send me a message just to confirm.

Colleen, friend from hiking group, is dealing with a very difficult situation herself, as her sister, Marcia, is in the hospice here. I took Etta to see her last week and visit went extremely well so I said I'd be glad to come back whenever it was convenient so I went later this morning.


Told Lady Dar that I had had a message from you about planning, with Andrea,
a special "Unbirthday" celebration over the August long weekend. I presume some number of events over the 4th/5th/6th/7th. We will be here and I'm free so even if Lady Dar is marrying people she can join any activities/gatherings later, I'm sure. Say hello to Amy. How go classes? Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: Etta this afternoon; After dinner: Let Sleeping Cats Lie!

 
once I lived on Burns street- Twas 1972-3...DBJS
Hi Jake! You can take the boy out of Winnipeg but you certainly can't take Winnipeg out of the boy! I take it you don't need a copy of February. Is this so? Nobody has replied so I guess I'll send out another message. On another matter, I noticed Ellen getting into her car today so I suspect they are just back from Hawaii. Cheers, Patrizzio, Your Local Snoop/Busybody!

Greetings Book Club Comrades! I have had four copies of February since this past Saturday but no requests.  I assume you still want one, Luigi, and I believe Dame Judith and AbariƱa have their own copies so if nobody else requires the work, I'll return the other three to OKL.

As March 16th will be our inaugural meeting, I propose we make it a pot-luck. If everyone would like to do this, Lady Dar and I will provide a main course, (any special dietary restrictions?), and everyone can offer to bring either an appetizer, salad, vegetable dish or dessert. Let me know what you think and I'll coordinate menu if meal is to happen. [Von Bingen, you are welcome to stay overnight if you'd like so that you won't have to drive back to Oliver.] One last detail, what time would you like to meet? We're flexible, perhaps 6:00 pm if we will be eating, 7:00 pm if not. Must away as Lisa calls. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick - those cats are so cute! i really miss our cats. Just before i left BC i found out that one of ours has lymph cancer. Only 10 years old. He's on a cat version of prednisone to try and shrink the tumours. So sad.

You as usual sound busy - as for a visit to Denman - i'll be teaching in St. John's from the beginning of Sept until mid-October, but after that is fine. And let us figure out what our own schedule is and we'll get back to you by April to see if we can visit in may. Take care riding that bike!! Luise
 

Hi Luise! Yes, Etta and Duke provide us with endless entertainment, I must say. Terribly sorry to hear about your cat. I do remember you mentioned that you were taking a number to the see the vet. Sad news indeed! I trust treatment might relieve some of the cat's distress.

In fact, we were looking at October for our grand tour. We plan to volunteer at the Vancouver Writers Festival, from October 17th-22nd, so we would probably depart Vancouver a day or so later. Yet to be decided, of course. For your visit, too bad your conference starts the same weekend that there is an interesting event at Painted Rock:


Join us during the first weekend of the Spring Okanagan Wine Festival at Painted Rock's tasting room. Each of our wines will be  paired with gourmet cheese and charcuterie made lovingly by local producers. Experience the art of pairing food and wine to highlight, enhance and elevate the overall taste experience. This event is complementary.

Anyway, we can take you there, and to many others as well. Roads are starting to look pretty decent for cycling. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi! Patrizzio .............. Thanks for the pics of our visit to see Marcia with Miss Etta. What a nice treat for Marcia to have Miss Etta sitting by her side. You sure capture such wonderful pics of your little kitty cats. I did an evening Super Splash Aquafit class tonight @ 5:30-6:30 pm at Community Centre then went in the hot tub & saunas. Thought I might see you there in your Speedo suit. See U soon!! Mary Lee :-) Hello Super Splasher! Sounds like a great workout and workdown! Glad you enjoyed snaps with Marcia. Hope to see you soon. Cheers and Fondestos, Patrizzio!












 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment