Tuesday 28 August 2018

Back-Splash Blues: Tuesday, August 28th!

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, poet, dramatist, novelist, and philosopher (28 Aug 1749-1832)








More Marlo uodate: Marlo is feeling better this morning with more meds helping. Still at hospital & just going through CT scan. Will know more after results come back. She was in a lot of pain yesterday evening & she was on her morphine (type of) prescription at the time. No chemo this week so hopefully can get better & rest up for next weeks treatments. George

Today was a polar opposite to yesterday's relative quite as tiler arrived at 8:30 am and Mike, shortly thereafter. Ceramic backsplash looks terrific but won't be grouted until tomorrow. [As these things go, tiler was short one tile to complete job so he had to return to store to see if he could find a display tile to use! Fortunately he was successful. Had he not been I was planning to ask him to cement an empty bottle of Coffaro Estate Cuvée in space!] Mike worked on replacing various pieces of drywall and is now painting the living room ceiling. Not quite sure where we were going to play bridge that evening as we were hosting two tables! Group will certainly have more sympathy for us, having had first hand experience living in the midst of chaos, them but an evening, we these last two months.

When Lady Dar was back from a number of appointments, we loaded the MarriageMobile to take the old dishwasher to Habitat for Humanity, a national, non-profit organization "working towards a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. Habitat for Humanity’s model empowers families to invest in home ownership. Through donated labour, efficient management and tax-deductible donations of money and materials, Habitat for Humanity builds and rehabilitates simple, decent houses." As well, included three light fixtures that we had replaced so pleased to have all these things go to a good cause as well as to have them out of garage! By the time I was back home both Allan and Mike were finished for the day so we set up the two tables in the living room.

Quick bit of vacuuming before a showering and changing. Lady Dar had done crab cakes and lamb burgers for dinner. I sliced and diced some cukes and tomatoes and we enjoyed our dinner before bridge hordes arrived. Only had seven players but Dummy moved between tables so everything worked out well. Naramata Goil, aka Pam, brought along a wonderful bottle of Noble Ridge's Meritage so it went down very smoothly after I polished off a glass of Cannery Brewery's Muse IPA!

Buona Sera Bidding Fiends! Lovely to see Naramata Girl after so many months, [Thanks of the fabulous Noble Ridge Meritage! Yummsters indeed!!!], and to have our newcomers, Susannah and Carolina, back for more punishment. We trust you are playing bridge on your cruise, Olga Polga! [
Sorry I am not able to play bridge tonite. Tooo tired and feeling guilty about leaving mags alone after being gone all day Enjoy the cards Judy] Missed Judy Blue but she chose her boyfriend, Magnum, over us! Who knows where the wind blew Mad Michaelo. Bridge prizes turned out to be unlimited firewood from Spiller Road, so thanks to Phillipo and Gilliana.

No discussion of next's week game so I'm open to suggestions. I assume we will play on Tuesday, September 4th, at 6:30 pm, but not where. Anyone interested in hosting? Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Cards amidst the plastic sheeting!
Sorry, I can't make it. Will still be in Calgary!
Have fun everybody...Sheeting looks fabulous P and C. Fresh air greetings blowing your way. Jos Patrick, Thank you to you and Corinne for a fun night of Bridge and catching up. Your renos are awesome and zymurgy new kitchen will be such a pleasure to work in. I mentioned that I could possibly host next week but after checking my calendar I realize that is the first Tuesday of the Art Talks series at the art gallery, which are great by the way. Antonella is the speaker and she is charming and knowledgeable. 

Actually, every night next week is committed I just now realize, and the next week my son and his girlfriend are visiting from Toronto. So I am out of commission for the next two weeks. I should also mention that I am starting a yoga class on Tuesday nights at 5:30 (the only yoga class that I know of in Naramata so I don't have a choice of time unfortunately). Is Tuesday night for Bridge cast in stone or would another night work? For me Thursday night might work best. I agree with setting a fixed night of the week. I am off to work at Legend today. Have a great day! Pamela




Hi everyone: More encouraging news about Karl. Most of his tubes and wires have been removed which I take as a clear sign of his continuous improvement. I saw him today, he was in good spirit, talking, even joking. He has his lap-top with him, so he can send and receive e-mail messages. If you want to drop him a line here  is his address.
 
When I talked to him about this Thursday’s hike he replied that he will give it a pass this time, but warned me that his joining of the Slow Fart sub-group (only Jack Sr and me) will be short lived, as he has all intentions to leave us in the dust of his boots and march on with the Regular OFs. Cheeky little fello’!!! We wish him further rapid improvement and no more complications. Cheers, Al
Hi Karl! Very sorry to learn of your illness and resulting surgery. However, gather you are doing quite well, of late, so very pleased to hear this good news. Hope I'll see you out hiking. I haven't been on the slopes myself so perhaps we can make a comeback together. Until then, all the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: I tried to send you the ecard below but apparently the address I have won't accept such mailings.

Hi all, I know I am late, but here it is…..This Thursday, we will take it a bit easier. The plan is to hike in the Bald Range, west of Faulder. We will: -meet at 0900 (note the later time!) at IGA parking lot in Summerland (0840 at Home Hardware north parking lot in Penticton). -carpool and make our way out to the Summerland-Princeton Road -ramble around the Bald Range -return to Summerland for debriefing and refreshment. Interested? Please give me a nod. Cheers, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment