Wednesday 22 August 2018

Re-visit the Gas Fitter Blues: Wednesday, August 22nd!



Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays in the palm; clutch it, and it darts away. -Dorothy Parker, author (22 Aug 1893-1967) 



Ayn P shared a memory. 5 years ago in Cornwall with the parents Good times...see you in one week xo Corinne Durston Patrick James Dunn Love them so...The kitchen sink is ready and waiting, as is your room, if you choose to stay with the poor relatives, as opposed to Luxury, Sheer Luxury, at Il Palazzo di Sendero Canyon! Penny Doorbar Is pic taken at st Austell brewery? X

Ayn P I don't believe so...it was a boat trip we took out of Truro one morning. We visited a small castle used to cannon the French as they came through a small canal to sack the village. Patrick James Dunn would remember better I think. 
 
Patrick James Dunn We drove to Falmouth and then took a small ferry to St Mawes where The Sisterhood went crazy at a church White Elephant sale. To recover from their shopping spree we enjoyed a terrific lunch at a small café, even if service was a tad slow. This is St Austell's Brewery. We used long straws when tasting with Gayle and Derek this past April.

Colleen Teahan Waldron Awesome. Why don't y'all pop up to the valley for a night???? We would be so delighted to see you Patrick James Dunn Thanks for generous invitation. Would love to do so BUT Lady Dar is too, too busy swabbing the decks! Cheers!



Oh my – so much on the go! Thanks very much for the offer but it sounds as if you have plenty going on during that time! I’ve emailed the Black Widow (LOVE the name!) so we’ll see if they have availability. Thanks for the update on Pam – I will try and email to see if I get a response. But as you say, it is her decision to not participate! And wow about the kitchen! IT has transformed! Look forward to seeing it. and meeting Corinne.

Sorry to hear about your medical trials – yikes. A tour of the hospitals of Europe?? We hope to travel to NZ and Australia in Feb. Can’t wait. Smoke isn’t as bad as you say but it is like a grey wall! Looking forward to having it blown out! I’ll keep in touch and let you know when we arrive – Here is Dave’s cell number.  Luise
 

Hi again, Wine Path Woman! Trust Black Widow accommodation will be available but if not, offer to stay still stands. Whatever works out, let us know when it might be convenient to have a drink/meal, depending on your schedule.
Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and Dave. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Duke guarding recently planted Celosia; Lady Dar swabs the floor! Two new swivel chairs waiting to find their home in living room!

Hungarian cockade
Image: Khalai/Wikimedia
Patricio, I have not seen any postings on Facebook book!!!!! All ok? Cheers, Ben Hello Santiago! Trust you are well. Back to normal? Thanks for concern but I'm fine, just dealing with The Kitchen Renovation Blues! More below but reason for no postings is due, primarily, from wildfire smoke! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and Ellen. Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hello hello Smokanagans, We came home this afternoon after a very smokey drive to Chilliwack yesterday.We didn't dare to go further, and after our furnace repair at Escape trailers we turned around. Clear skies around Merrit, and decided to spend a lovely afternoon and night at Kentucky Alleyne PP. This morning smokey skies and no fun to hang around any longer. So...We will be home until Monday, drive to Calgary and hope for clear skies in Kananaskis Country. Maybe wishful thinking, but at least there is a party to look forward to.
September, 15th, is in our calendar and we look forward to raise our glasses in your new kitchen. Good Luck with the finishing touches! Jos and Aart
Hi Chilliwack Smokeaters!!
Trust you are well after your smokehouse journey! Glad you will be able to make End-of-Summer Bash! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Patrick! Here is a confirmation of the $400 cash payment you made way back in February for the 2018 pre-harvest futures. I added an extra bottle of Estate Cuvee to make up the difference - and to make it come out even to the $400 which you paid. I hope you are well. Are you still traveling? I may have missed some recent updates from you as they sometimes get caught up in my spam folder. Let me know all's ok. ~ Pat  

Hello My Dearest Darling, Patrizzia! Trust you and El Enólogo Gruñón are well! Thank you for tidying up and confirming February's payment/order. Much appreciated. I do apologize for not being in touch sooner. No excuses but plenty of reasons as you will soon discover, should you choose to read on! To provide a bit of "backstory", unbeknownst to me, enjoying a joyous, carefree cycling life in Europe, at the time, Lady Dar had contracted to have a fairly major renovation to our kitchen take place while I was out of sight, out of mind. However, the best laid plans, as so often happens, went awry, so to speak.


For my part, I had a simply marvellous month of cycling in the Czech Republic and Poland. However, day after last tour ended, June 10th, I had a couple of falls, while walking, first, while on a tour of Auschwitz, landing me in hospital, in Oświęcim, overnight, and second, in Kraków, day I was back in city, both, probably, a result of start of pneumonia which landed me in hospital in Berlin for a week! Corinne flew to Berlin on June 23rd, to rescue me. I was discharged from Charité Hospital the following day and we flew back to Vancouver, and then Penticton, on June 26th. Of course I went to my own doctor as soon as I could make an appointment, to make sure I was on the mend. Had a call from him, on Canada Day, July 1st, and he said all my latest results, (CT scan, chest x-ray, blood and urine samples), all came back supporting a clean bill of health. Took a few weeks of feeling reasonably weak but kept getting stronger everyday. Pretty much back to my pre-accident/pre-pneumonia self so no complaints, or at least any that will be entertained!

Consequently, my extended holiday was cut short and I never made it to Denmark or back to France where I was planning to leave my bike. In the end we arranged to have it shipped to our friend's home in Aarhus. I was on my way to visit Maggie when I was hospitalized in Berlin. We hope to visit Maggie next year so pleased bike will be there, waiting for me. Fondestos to you both. All the very best. Stay well! Cheers, Patrizzio! 









No comments:

Post a Comment