Friday 17 August 2018

Keep Penticton White Blues: Wednesday, August 15th!

The innocent and the beautiful have no enemy but time. -William Butler Yeats, writer, Nobel laureate (1865-1939) 


Today we had a number of renovation chores and then we took in an extremely, provocatively interesting exhibition at the Art Gallery: Keep Penticton White, Exploring the Legacy of Racism in the Okanagan. Lady Dar had her Book Club that evening so Janet and I went for a long walk on KVR before having dinner in kitchen while The Sisterhood met on the back patio.


How are you? My kid was born last month. Attached is a picture of my daughters! Hi Nobi-Wan! Hearty Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your second daughter! Gorgeous photo of them both! Trust new baby is allowing you to sleep. Must away now as I want to work on filling the bookshelves above my computer desk and have the rest of my office reorganized before I go for an hour's ride on my stationary bike. Quite cool this morning so these lower temperatures are a great boon to those fighting the terrible wildfires raging across most of the province. All the very best. Stay well. Congratulations again on the birth of your daughter. What is her name? Cheers, Patrizzio!


Nikolai Yezhov (right), a Soviet secret police official, as a person
Gee. Shocked by today's news that BC has declared a province wide emergency. Thinking of you. Of course we have a goodly amount of smoke from BC fires. Our sun is really a funnry red/orange colour. But I am sure what we are putting up with is nothing compared to the challenges faced around your area. Anyway, take care. Stay healthy. Love to all, Jim 
Hi Zirconian! Trust you are well and that your red/orange sun is back to its normal colour. Sorry I've not replied sooner but we still dealing with The Kitchen Renovation Blues! Still significantly affected by wildfire smoke, as you noted. Starting to feel ready to start using my road bike have postponed any outings in favour of my stationary bike. Since I don't want to chance another bout of pneumonia I've been riding with a mask. Ash continues to coat everything and whenever Etta and Duke sleep outside they are soon covered in a fine dusting, icing sugar cats! Fondestos from Lady, James, busy working on a wedding ceremony. All the very best. Stay well, Zircon. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Nikolai Yezhov, executed and regarded as an unperson
Photo: Wikimedia Commons
I visited Karl this evening. His surgery is scheduled for tomorrow (Th.) evening, unless he gets bumped by an emergency. He could have visitors during the day. He is in excellent spirit, joking and laughing and really looking forward to the procedure to get it behind him. May all go well. Al


 

No comments:

Post a Comment