Tuesday 7 August 2018

Sign on the Dotted Line Blues: Tuesday, August 7th!

Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason. -James Randi, magician and skeptic (b. 7 Aug 1928) 


Electricians just arrived and are working on energizing plugs for microwave, fridge wall oven and wine fridge. [Latter has not yet been delivered but is here in Penticton.] Would be nice if we can have them installed as it will make cooking life easier. Fridge is plugged in but not where it will go, in grand scheme of things. Rest of wall/counter plugs and pot lights will be done so we can finally stop wearing miners' lamps! Meeting with lawyer later this afternoon for townhouse legal paperwork so one step closer to being de-nested, for third or fourth time! 

[Patrick James Dunn supports The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Brenda McMorland One I have supported for many years when I can as well.]

Hello Donna Maria and Heraldo! I'm absolutely delighted to know that I rank high on the list of the seven unfortunates you decided to send the scam to! Always nice to take part in market research, have one's computer infected with spyware and wait for one's bank account to be hacked. Lucky for you there are no funds to filch as, unbeknownst to me, enjoying a carefree life in Europe, at the time, Lady Dar had contracted to have a fairly major renovation to our kitchen!

Back on the renovation merry-go-round this morning as electricians arrived a couple of hours ago and Tom, cabinet installer, shortly thereafter, working around each other. The plugs for the microwave, fridge, wall oven and wine fridge, [Latter has not yet been delivered but is here in Penticton.], are now "hot". Would be nice if the appliances can be put in place as it will make cooking life easier. Fridge is plugged in but not where it will go, in grand scheme of things. Rest of wall/counter plugs are energized and many of the pot lights are done so we can finally stop wearing miners' lamps! Met with lawyer this afternoon for townhouse legal paperwork/down-payment bank draft so one step closer to being de-nested, for third or fourth time! 

I had to dash from his office to have my eye exam. Had not been since before we moved to Penticton and I knew I needed computer/reading glasses, at the very least, having been using Lady Dar's cast-off, over-the -counter, spectaculars, ones that she had rejected for fashion statement reasons but could not possibly harm the already deplorable clothing profile I present to the world! While waiting for eye drops to do their work, for rest of exam, I had a wonderful conversation with owner of Dr Specs, Debbie Ranger. I detected a lilt in her voice and asked if she was from the Maritimes. As it turned she was from Newfoundland and we had so much fun chatting that I walked out of the store, forgetting to go back to see doctor. Didn't realize this until I was back at my car and Debbie was dialing contact number as I returned! 

After I finished there, I drove straight to the small beach in front of the Prague Café, not far from the Penticton Art Gallery. I had dropped Lady Dar there after we left the lawyer's office and she "snagged" two picnic tables, one for bridge and one for pot-luck fixings that gang contributed. Most people had already eaten by the time I arrived but there was plenty of food left so I was well served. Only seven of us but we were able to enjoy two tables as Carol, friend of one of the players, happened to walk by joined us to provide a much needed fourth! It was bruited about, as we packed up, that Skaha Lake Park might well be next week's venue.

Better book soon as reservation calendar is already filling up at Burns Street. However, if you want to stay in Luxury, Sheer Luxury, try Sendero Canyon! Fondestos from Lady Dar, to you both, busy recovering Chloë's dining room chairs! Stay well. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Your all-time favourite felines, Donna Maria! Album below shows some of Chloë's townhouse.

Hello Beach Bidders! Thanks to everyone for the wonderful pot-luck and bridge this afternoon/evening. [Special thanks to Carol for joining us and providing a much needed fourth, at Table Two! Please forward this message to her, and copy me, anyone who might have her email address, so that I can add her to roster!] It was bruited about, as we packed up, that Skaha Lake Park might well be next week's venue. If this is so, please indicate if you will attend and what you might wish to contribute to the picnic dinner, next Tuesday, August 14th. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Prague Café Beach and Bridge!

Greetings from The Hat  Just arrived home. It was a long but uneventful drive. I am so grateful for all the love and hospitality show me during this visit. I know I owe Corinne an apology for a remark I made about gluten--very insensitive of me. I rolled and tossed all night--thinking of how much I guess the heritage of my pioneered grandparents has become part of me: Come to the North West Territories (later to be called Saskatchewan). We will give you land and you can grow wheat. Such heritage is part of me, not to mention the place of bread in the religious tradition we trace all the way back to ancient Egypt and ancient Babylon. But that is no excuse for being rude Corinne, especially when you have been so good generous and loving to me for so long. I do apologize.
 

I guess one more bread story. McBrides bakery is on a 2 week summer shutdown. But Brendan still went in last week to bake 60 loaves to give to the drop-in centre so they wouldn't run out. I am proud of that kid. But then you have so many reasons to be so proud of Chloe and Ayn as well. Take care. I look forward to inflicting my company on you much more often! Love Jim

Meggie has asked me to get this message out to as many Old Farts as I can. So…..here it is! To all the old farts  As most of you know by now, Gerd (momentarily rather a slow fart)and his fearless faithful companion Meggie are leaving the True North and are going back to their roots. Before that happens, let’s get together once more for a picknick/hike. Where: Crump recreation site (on the old Summerland-Princeton road) When: Thursday, September 13th, 9am at IGA for carpooling or 9.30 at Crump.

We will provide some food and beverages. Feel free to bring any edible or drinkable goodies to share. Camping chairs might be a good idea, too. Refreshed and strengthened we can start any slow/intermediate/athletic hike from there and return for more food and beverages and … songs???  Hope to see you there Gerd and Meggie

No comments:

Post a Comment