Wednesday 29 August 2018

Sendero Canyon Ikea Minder Blues: Wednesday, August 29th!

 If a man points at the moon, an idiot will look at the finger. -Sufi wisdom
 

On duty at Sendero Canyon today. Must be there at 11:00 am to have someone at home. Chloë is expecting a fairly large Ikea delivery, [mirrors, bed frames, dresser], and cannot be there as she has a number of strata meetings, Lady Dar wedding stuff, meetings here in Penticton and then one in Kelowna. I'm happy to be on call as she now has Internet connectivity but I can also start on Matt Haig's The Humans, our next Book Club choice, late September.

Delievery came around 1:00 pm and once items had been unloaded I headed home. Allan, had finished grouting by the time I was back and Mike was still painting, giving skylight opening a second coat. Ceiling looks great. Should be able to put living room back together once painting is finished, by afternoon's end, I trust.

Once Lady Dar is back from Kelowna we'll probably head back to Sendero to help Chloë put together all her Ikea jig-saw puzzles. Wish us luck. Will need it. You might hear us swearing all the way across the Rockies! Ayn arrives just before midnight so it will be a long day. Must away as I need to start tidying up now that Mike has removed many of his drop cloths. Will need to vacuum once he's left as there are all sorts of bits and pieces on floor even though both he and Allan were very careful as they worked and cleaned up well afterwards.

Phil and I can not do Tuesday, Wed or Thursday next week. See you following week maybe. Gill Sorry, I can't make it. Will still be in Calgary! Have fun everybody...Sheeting looks fabulous P and C. Fresh air greetings blowing your way. Jos Yes thank you Pat, I will be in the Market on Saturday. Re-read Divine Wind. I would like to hear your reaction DBJS.

Patrick, Thank you to you and Corinne for a fun night of Bridge and catching up. Your renos are awesome and zymurgy new kitchen will be such a pleasure to work in. I mentioned that I could possibly host next week but after checking my calendar I realize that is the first Tuesday of the Art Talks series at the art gallery, which are great by the way. Antonella is the speaker and she is charming and knowledgeable. Actually, every night next week is committed I just now realize, and the next week my son and his girlfriend are visiting from Toronto. So I am out of commission for the next two weeks. 
 
I should also mention that I am starting a yoga class on Tuesday nights at 5:30 (the only yoga class that I know of in Naramata so I don't have a choice of time unfortunately). Is Tuesday night for Bridge cast in stone or would another night work? For me Thursday night might work best. I agree with setting a fixed night of the week. I am off to work at Legend today. Have a great day! Pamela
 
Wow! Photos of the transformation are amazing!! Cudos to Designer Corinne. Not afraid to be bold. How are the guest quarters coming along? (;-) ! Is she available for international consults?

Unlike my industrious mate, I am just cruising along in the slow lane. Upped my game a little by joining a second book club, that reads from the Obama recommendation list. However, this trip south is going to stymie my efforts for September. Trying desperately to learn some basic Spanish. Then I discovered that Chileans use so many uniquely Chilean expressions that not even other South Americans can understand them. Well, I have mastered "Donde estan los banos, Una botella de agua minerale," and Prickly knows, "Una copa de vino tinto," so I guess we are good to go!

Thanks for updates from Penticton. We are being threatened with periodic electrical black outs during high fire danger, so that PG & E can't be blamed for their electrical wires causing fires. Much grumbling in the 'hood. We watch domestic politics with horror. I donate monthly to Andrew Janz , hoping to help defeat Devin Nunez, a 🐛 (worm). Chao, & Hi to the resident Pentictonites. Ever more Floridian than before, Nancy
 
Dear Patrick Thanks for the lengthy email--only managed to totally read it today. Kitchen renovation etc. look terrific! You will be pleased to have this completed and to have the bettter design. Bravo to Corinne. We are working on outside painting what a chore. Went to the PNE--highlight was the Superdogs, Knights of Valour (a real jousting match) and Lost World of Dragons.
Weather has been better and always lots to do. Going to Whistler Sept. 3-5 as i want to delight in the fact that I am not back at school. So glad that Ayn was flying in--hope you enjoy a great visit. Lots of hugs for all of you and nice pets for the cats. Jo-Anne Hi Patrick Can you resend this email with kitchen pictures to Colin--somehow I lost the photos. Cheers Jo-anne

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment