Tuesday 9 July 2019

Physio and the Green New Deal Town Hall Blues: Wednesday, July 10th!

Life can be perfectly satisfying without major achievements. -Alice Munro, short-story writer and Nobel Prize winner (b. 10 Jul 1931)



Hi Patrick, So sorry to hear about Branco, so I think I'll tell you just the good news: that I've made an excellent recovery from the surgery last year -saw the neurologist yesterday and he was impressed with my strength and flexibility; same response from the chiro who I saw about 3 months ago.
 
Denise and I will visit our suffering friend Hazel in West Kelowna on our way to our pad on Skaha Lake tomorrow. We don't check into Deep Roots until July 18th. We bought some of the great pate from Oyama Sausage at GI this morning and we will bring some with grape juice to your place on Friday eve. What time should we arrive there? You can contact us on Denise's cell. Really looking forward to our visit with you and watching and hearing the piano master! cheers, Bill.
Hi Wild Bill! Pleased to hear how well you are doing, recovering so well from last year's surgery! Hip Hip Hooray! Bravo! Keep up the good work. Unfortunately, don't think Ragin' has any idea of the uphill battle facing him. In large part, due to his overall lack of conditioning even before his nasty fall and attendant inter-cranial bleeding. Anyway, one step at a time for him.
Garden had quite good soak from steady rain last night. This being the case I elected not to water this morning and was rewarded for my foresight as there were a couple of fairly heavy thunderstorm showers later in the day, filling up all the rain barrels again. Will need the water as supposed to be dry for next little while. 

I chatted with Lady Dar this afternoon and her flight has been confirmed to land in Kelowna at 12:22 pm. I plan to go to Costco before collecting her so I'm hoping we will be back on the road by 1:00 pm-1:30pm, as she has checked baggage now. Only carry-on when she flew to Winnipeg but she's bringing back some things from her Mom's. You could call, (250-493-0092, our home number), or else we'll give you a shout on Denise's cell when we are back. You are welcome to come anytime after 4:00 pm, (Or earlier, if you are in area. Let me know and if so I'll leave a key on back patio. [I'll let you know where I've stashed it if you elect this option.] You come in through gate off back driveway and then you can choose a white from our wine fridge and have the Oyama paté ready! At any rate, we can have a decent visit before we head to The Dream.

Just back from attending a Green New Deal Town Hall meeting, organized by Penticton Rising, a small, grass-roots organization interested in tackling climate change at the community level. GND is a national organization and PR is conducting the meetings, hereabouts, on its behalf. Must say I was quite impressed with the small group of volunteers who did an exceptional job of organizing and running the meeting. Very progressive Mayor of Summerland, Toni Boot, and Richard Cannings, our MP, (NDP), were both there, as well as Dave, a vendor, from Cawston, Dumpling Dale Farms, at Farmers' Market, and Norberto, chap I've come to know at various other meetings or social events around town. 
Let me know what you think about breaking and entering and I'll plan accordingly. Must away as I need to make a good start on our next book club, selection, John Boyne's The Heart's Invisible Furies. Fondestos to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!



Thanks for joining a Green New Deal Town Hall in your community. This gathering will be one of more hundreds being held across the country, in every province and territory. Thousands of people will participate in these town halls, working together to shape a shared vision for Canada’s Green New Deal and get organized to turn the vision into reality. We hope you can attend with some ideas for what kind of solutions you’d like to see in a Green New Deal to help your family and communities thrive.  Here are the details for your event one more time: WHAT: Town Hall for a Green New Deal WHERE: 501 Main Street
WHEN: July 10, 06:30 PM

Broadly speaking, a Green New Deal is a bold vision for tackling climate change and rising inequality in a way that centers justice for Indigenous peoples, racialized communities, and workers. But the only way that we can make sure it truly works for everyone, is by bringing together people from all walks of life to develop a shared vision that is grounded in solutions that come from our communities. That’s exactly what we’re hoping to do in these town halls.
Can you help us out by making sure as many people as possible know about these town halls?

Click here to share the map of Green New Deal town halls on facebook: http://bit.ly/2Q6J4r6 Click here to share the map of Green New Deal town halls on twitter: https://ctt.ac/_c7Za Thanks again for being a part of the movement to build Canada’s Green New Deal. Building a vision is the first step, in the weeks and months ahead we have to be ready to fight to bring the Green New Deal to life. Onwards, The Pact for a Green New Deal Team 


Great! Thank you for this. I will include it as a supporting document to the presentation. Yes, I would love to have as many people as possible join the delegation. We are tentatively booked for the July 16th council meeting. I believe it would be in the afternoon sometime, but I will let you know what time we should be there once I know.

Here is a draft version of the presentation. I will me working on a power point. Please let me know if you want to make any edits. Thanks!
Hi Janelle! Extremely succinct and well-written! Do let me know about time as I would like to attend. Thanks for your efforts. Onward! Fight!! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Kenora High Life Babes! Pleased to hear you enjoyed yourselves! As you know, I plan to go to Costco before collecting you so I'm hoping we will be back on the road by 1:00 pm-1:30pm, having to collect your checked baggage. I've told Bill to give us a call at home or else we'll give them a shout on Denise's cell when we are back. I also told them that they are welcome to come anytime after 4:00 pm, (Or earlier, if in area.) Must away as I want to finish watching Stage Four of the Tour and then head to bed to make a good start on The Heart's Invisible Furies.Love and Fondestos to you and Clarisse. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Richard; Dave, Jordyn, (one of organizers), and Norberto!

No comments:

Post a Comment