Saturday 6 July 2019

Scottish Festival and The Spirit Ridge Blues: Saturday, July 6th!

 A room without books is like a body without a soul. -Marcus Tullius Cicero, statesman, orator, writer (106-43 BCE)



Buongiorno Eileen and Thomasino! Lovely to meet you this past Thursday. Trust you enjoyed the performance. [Took in first couple of numbers and I quite enjoyed Natalie's lovely, lovely voice.] Would have liked to stay for rest of show but close friend, Sarge, flew to Penticton that evening and we had made plans to meet. Must away to have a bite of breakfast before I head down to The Farmers' Market. One of Chloë's friends owns an orchard between Upper and Middle Bench and he gave her a large container of cherries yesterday. I invited her for dinner last night and she brought me some. I will have them in my yogurt while I sip my first java of the day. Lady Dar isn't back until next Friday but if you are out for a stroll, or in our neighbourhood, pop by to say hello. At any rate, do keep in touch. Work on letting the moths out of your wallet Thomasino. Until next our paths cross, stay well. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Cruel Swiss and Shampoo Goil!

Buongiorno Tammy and James! Lovely to meet you this past Thursday! Thank you for supporting the 50/50 draw. I sold more tickets, ($190 worth), than I've ever done! After I left the Dream I stopped at Cannery Brewery to pick up some Growlettes and drove by your place. Since Tammy had given me your address I knew exactly where it was as it is on one of my regular bike routes. Very attractive bungalow, probably a bit larger than our place. Since I have not been riding since March 12th, with my shoulder replacement, this was the first time I'd seen the apartment complex going up, directly across from you.

Coincidentally, when we bought our place, back in 2015, the lot to the south of us was vacant. Now a three story duplex sits beside us. Not at all unhappy as building shades us from brunt of summer's heat and helps to keep our place cool. Neighbours are a lovely couple and we enjoy each other's company. Lady Dar isn't back until the end of next week but if you are out for a stroll, or in our neighbourhood, pop by to say hello. At any rate, do keep in touch. Until next our paths cross, stay well. Hip Hip Hooray for Portage and Main!!! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Refugees from Winnipeg!

I would be happy to host Bridge on Monday if you like. Cheers, Carol Hello Monday Nighters! Choocheranian has very kindly offered to host this Monday evening's game. Looks like only one table so let me know who is ready for wild bidding and I'll plan accordingly. See everyone at the Scottish Festival today! Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Patrick. I would like to play Monday. Thanks. Dianne I can play Susan I can play if you need a 4th or 8th. AEB

Hi Bridge Gang! Thanks to everyone for responding. Ann very graciously said that she would play if needed but since we only have four we will let her off the bidding hook, if only to ready herself for hosting next week! This being the case I'll see Lady Di and O Susannah at Chooch's Bridge Emporium around 6:30 pm. Thanks again, Ann, and we'll see you the following week. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello BiblioBabes! Trust everyone is well. I'm taking a page from LuLu's book, [so to speak!], sending along the VWF reading list for your perusal. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Okanagan biking Adventures on two wheels – in all directions The Globe and Mail (Ontario Edition) July 6, 2019 ADAM BISBY Hi Pat: What do you think of this trip? I thought it might be something to think about next June! Just a thought! Ron and I are sitting on our deck having coffee and planning to kayak across the lake in a few minutes! Life is good! Love Rhoda

Hi Front Porch People! From the sound of your previous message, Sandwich Goil, seems like you hit the ground running when finally home! Grand snapola but I didn't realize that The Great Ronaldo painted his toenails! He'll have to come with me for a pedicure when you return next June! Article is pretty good about outlining numerous biking possibilities and I'd dearly love to cycle north of here, to both Kelowna and Vernon, as I haven't yet had the opportunity to do so. Certainly, let's plan something if you feel you will be returning next summer.

I do apologize for not replying to your earlier message but haven't stopped since you left. Art Gallery's Dinner and Auction, evening you flew out, was a blast. As I believe you know, I drove Lady Dar to Kelowna on Canada Day as she flew to Winnipeg for about ten days or so to help her Mother with the sale of her home, at Falcon Lake. We chatted with Lady Dar last night and she was exhausted having been busy readying things for the garage sale today. House needs to "decanted" for real estate pictures/listing, etc. Sign goes up on Monday. Must away to have a bite of breakfast before I head down to The Farmers' Market. Bill Sliva, the orchard where we stopped, gave her a large container of cherries yesterday. I invited her for dinner last night and she brought me some. I will have them in my yogurt while I sip my first java of the day. Stay well, Ski. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi You have been busy, you lead a fun life! I just got home from drumming all evening in Baddect at an outdoor festival. Lots of people wondering by listening and telling us how “delightful” we sound. These people obviously don’t get out much. We went to a place called the Bitehouse last night in Big Baddeck- I booked the night Jan. 5th. It is very difficult to get into the restaurant -I heard he has over 400 people requesting a reservation and he was full. People book January 5th and he’s full before the day ends. It is a 7 course dinner. It is beautifully presented and delicious. I forgot to take pictures, I was enjoying the meal so much. Here’s the crowd we went with.  

Hi High-End Restaurant People! Must be nice to be part of The Beautiful People crowd! Hoity Toity! And I gave you sandwiches! Did you eat them with Champagne? Will be pretty busy until I collect Her Imperiousness at Swoopsville Arrivals, in Kelowna, next Friday, I hope! [Apparently Swoop has cancelled numerous flights of late!] Physio Wednesday morning at 9:30 am, and Green New Deal Town Hall meeting at 6:30 pm. Patrizzio saves Mother Earth! Massage, with the gift certificate Lady Dar gave me, on Thursday, with Caithy Boyle. Also signed up for the Climate Advocacy training seminar put on by Citizens' Climate Lobby on Sunday, July 21st while The Marriage Officiant is busy marrying people! Must away to have my yogurt and bee pollen! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Sarge flew into Penticton Thursday evening and he and Flamin' invited me to overnight with them tonight. Kid Chelene is working today, [Rebecca is in Vancouver, visiting a new niece.], so we'll drive down after he finishes his shift at 3:00 pm. Stroll down to the Farmers' Market around 11:00 am and picked up a couple of heads of lettuce and a dozen eggs. Saw friend, Jake, and as I was carrying the egg carton, he took out two and mimed throwing them at me! Back home to finish my shouldares and finish packing so that I was ready for Corey.

As I was now the proud owner of two tickets to the Penticton Scottish Festival, at Kings Park, just down Eckhardt from us I wanted to drop by as I'd never been before. At the PAG Dinner and Auction, a week or so ago Chloë forged my name on silent auction bid for the Festival and "I" won! Two cans of Irn-Bru, [Wait a minute did you say Irn-Bru. That settles it; we are coming now. E mailed Branco. Take care and thanks for understanding.], and a spiffy T-shirt from kilt makers, here in town, along with two tics so simply had to go! Malt tasting was over by the time we arrived but we bumped into one of the couples, [Eileen and Thomas], I'd met selling 50/50 tickets at the Dream on Wednesday night.

Enjoyed the ride down, chatting with Corey about his new assignment and when we were out of Oliver he asked if I wanted to do any tasting. Chloë just happened to mention that she was interested in The Chase from CC Jentsch so I suggested we stop there. Kid Chelene was happy to do so as he'd never been before. Enjoyed the tasting and chatting with the various people at the counter, one young woman, Canadian, studying nursing in Rockhampton so I mentioned our visit there in 1991. Then across the valley to collect latest release at Bartier Brothers. Quick tasting there and then on to SR. Quite coolish by the time we arrived so moved the plate of hors d'oeuvres inside. I brought the liver paté I'd made, as well as bacon wrapped scallops so everything went well. Sarge did steaks on he bbq and Flamin' had delicious mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables and tasty friend oniones, along with a terrifc mixed salad. Dessert was her simply delicious home-made cherry pie. I was too full to eat it right after dinner but enjoyed two pieces after I had a shower and we were watching last of Tour.

Earlier I asked Avery if she was sleeping in the bedroom we'd been assigned. She replied: "Don't worry, I don't snore!" Slept well but had to snuggle under the duvet as fan was on and it was very cool in room. Too, too sleepy to clamber out of bed and turn it off!

PAG Dinner & Auction! Thank you SO much, Patrick for forwarding the photos. It was a fun event. We have just returned from Calgary after visiting the family for Canada Day. Busy times for sure. Take care of yourself, and we will see you on the trails in the fall. All the best, Dorothy Hi Dorothy! Glad you enjoyed snaps. Everyone is travelling! I drove Corinne to Kelowna on Canada Day to fly to Winnipeg. She has been at Falcon Lake, about 125 km east of city, since then, helping her mother, Clara and her brother, George, and wife, Barb, ready her mom's house for sale. Sign goes up on Monday and they held a large garage sale yesterday.

I am spending the night with good friends, Michele and Wayne, up from Vancouver, who had collected their lively granddaughters, Avery, (6), and Ashlynn, (3), on Friday, to have them with them in Osoyoos for the weekend. The girls love the pool there. I drove down to Spirit Ridge with their son, Corey, earlier today, after his shift was over. He is an RCMP officer here in town. At any rate, I thought I knew one of the people at your table but simply couldn't place him, at the time. However, when we happened to be talking about the resort, [We own a quarter share while our friends now have a half share.], I realized that I'd met Daniel last year at the AGM! I had also forgotten that he and his wife own Nighthawk Vineyards. If you see him socially, please pass along my regards and tell him I apologize for not saying hello. All the best and I certainly hope to see you hiking in the fall. Until then, stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Local cherries from Bill Sliva, owner of a large orchard between Middle and Upper Roads. He also owns a suite in one of buildings Chloë manages so that is how they met, initially. He stopped by her work, on Friday, to give her a large container of cherries. I had invited her for dinner that night and she brought me some. I often have them in my yogurt while I sip my first java of the day. Bill is also extremely generous with his peaches and apples. Lady Dar, Sarge, Avery and Ashlynn picked boxes and boxes of peaches last year and I picked over 600 lbs of apples. Dehydrated a huge number but they are so popular that I'm down to about ten last Ziploc bags. One of the pipe bands at Scottish Festival; beer tent; caber tossing; dinner at Spirit Ridge; Ashlynn with Flamin's fab homemade cherry pie;



Hi You have been busy, you lead a fun life! I just got home from drumming all evening in Baddect at an outdoor festival . Lots of poeple wondering by listening and telling us how “delightful” we sound. Theses people obviously don’t get out much. We went to s place called the Bitehouse last nightin Big Baddeck- I booked the night Jan. 5th. It is very difficult to get into the restaurant -I heard he has over 400 people requesting a reservation and he was full. People book January 5th and he’s full before the day ends . It is a 7 course dinner. It is beautifully presented and delicious . I forgot to take pictures, I was enjoying the meal so much. Here’s the crowd we went with:
 





No comments:

Post a Comment