Friday 5 July 2019

Sendero Gal Visits The Old Homestead Blues: Friday, July 5th!

Take a commonplace, clean it and polish it, light it so that it produces the same effect of youth and freshness and originality and spontaneity as it did originally, and you have done a poet's job. The rest is literature. -Jean Cocteau, author and painter (5 Jul 1889-1963) 


 

It's Club Party Time - RSVP right away! I got us 2 tickets for the 20th. How are you doing? Mom and I have been working hard to get this place ready. The sale sign goes up tomorrow. Love you, Corinne


Hi Garage Sale Babes, et al! How lovely to hear from you, Busy Bees! You are almost as industrious as Duke's bees, gathering pollen from the lavender! Great to hear that you were able to book for Upper Bench Bash. Interestingly enough, I had a message from Kara Norman, one of the women we met at UB last year and who came back to our place with her friend, [Cannot remember her name.], for a drink afterwards, a few days ago and she hoped she'd see us this year again. However, I hadn't heard from UB, [as you are one on wine club list], so I called, yesterday, and Gavin happened to answer the phone. He said evening was sold out shortly after message went out so I figured, with all you sorting and pricing, you hadn't been able to request tickets. Anyway, very pleased that you managed to obtain tickets! Hip Hip Hooray! Don't work to hard on garage sale as you'll be hopping from moment I collect you at airport with Denise and Bill staying that night to see Michael Kaeshammer at the Dream, wedding next day and then volunteering at GranFondo at 5:30 am Sunday morning!

You can rest up on Monday, although there will be bridge that evening. Next day, Maggie and Hans arrive with your pre-birthday dinner at FSB on the 18th. [I popped in last night, before going to Dream to sell 50/50 tickets and asked Lisa about menu. She said she and John would figure things out once she knew about any dietary restrictions/preferences, etc., and probably tailor dishes to what was already on menu. I trust this meets with Your Ladyship's approval! [Must be rather demeaning to have to clean silver and polish candlesticks when you are used to having such domestic chores attended to by the Downton staff while you loll in the garden, eating the odd cucumber or watercress sandwich with your vintage French white!]

Poplar Grove bash on your birthday so I'll buy you all the drinks over the course of the night! Next evening, at it again, at UB, with a couple of weddings thrown in, [Saturday and Sunday], for good measure. Catherine and Matt arrive on Sunday for a couple of nights and then it's book club day after they depart! At least Senka will host! Jill and Herb Roth will be with Flamin' and Sarge on the 25th. Will they be at Spirit Ridge? If so, I assume we might make a run to see them.

Whew! I need to go back to bed so exhausting is simply listing what lies ahead, never mind actually living through it! As it was, I was up at 4:00 am for the daily watering of the gazelles! [When I came into kitchen, this morning, just after 6:00 am, both dishes were empty and level in "dust" bowl was down quite significantly! Mean Streets and Tough Cat Love!] Last night, just before I went to bed Etta came in and as soon as I gave her a few strokes I realized she had lost her collar! Put on a spare one and will look for it when I go out to water. Thunderstorm warnings for later this afternoon, [even hail is threatened!], so I'm not going to do much other than raised beds, unless forecast turns out to be incorrect.

Managed to get through to Telus this morning to add Sportsnet to our subscription so that I can watch the 2019 Tour de France! Hip Hip Hooray!!! [One of my birthday presents to Lady Dar!] Chloë is coming for dinner this evening so last night I took out a couple of frozen pork chops we inherited from Lynne and Peter! Will do cauliflower with cheese sauce and Chloë suggested I "smuggle" real flower into house to use while you are away. Told her I was going to substitute gluten-free pancake mix to try to get rid of some of the 17 tons we have in the cupboard! 

I had also taken out of the freezer what I thought was a small package of steaks, [another inheritance from The Lighthalls!], but tuned out to be chicken livers, upon thawing, so I've fried them up, along with some of the Walla Walla Sweets and will use Nancy's recipe for paté. Too, too bad you won't be at Spirit Ridge! Must away as I want to fix my yogurt and bee pollen. Almost finished one jar but the full second will be waiting for you, Lady Dar! Buona Fortuna with garage sale. Do you entertain silent auction bids? If so, I'll forge Chloë's signature on one for table saw!  Stay well. Fondestos and Love to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Forgot to mention that I started another Netflix series, Charité at War: "In 1943, the staff at Berlin's Charité hospital struggle against the effects of World War II and the Nazi regime, including eugenic medical practices." Just popped up, as a suggestion, after I finished Disappearance and then I realized it takes place where I was hospitalized! It is obvious that many of the scenes, at least the outside ones, are shot using the older sections of the hospital buildings and grounds. Aside from this most real connection, the plot is very, very interesting, given the personal and political situations the characters face at this point in the war. I think that actual war footage is used, at times, showing views of the city and life on the streets, although the original B/W film has been "colourized".


We are invited to Judi and Kevin's for BBQ on Sunday night the 14th. Thanks for the info and pics. When did you take the ones of Corey and Michele? Scallops look great! Off to move furniture and more boxes. Hugs CoraLee

No comments:

Post a Comment