Monday 15 July 2019

Test Run Dehydrating Amanda's Apricot Blues: Monday, July 15th!

We succeed in enterprises which demand the positive qualities we possess, but we excel in those which can also make use of our defects. -Alexis de Tocqueville, statesman and historian (29 Jul 1805-1859)





Lady Dar was up at 6:00 am, much to her annoyance, to let The Boy into the bathroom for a drink. She had to be up early, in any event, as she was wanted to water before heading to Soupateria where she was to be in charge of soup making! For my part I have a pretty busy day ahead as I will be dehydrating both cherries and apricots. ChloĆ« brought over a large bag of frozen cherries, a gift from Bill, last year. I thawed them out yesterday and want to use the apricots Amanda gave us to see how they turn out. 

Once I have the fruit pitted and sliced and placed on the dehydrator trays I have plenty of scrap lumber to cut and split into usable lengths. Have "scrounged" quite a pile from across the back lane. Corey leaves it beside their garage as he and his brother know I will take it for kindling. Kid Chelene will pick me up in his truck, after work on Tuesday, and we'll make a run to Spiller Road to pick up firewood from Phillipo. Over the last month or so he has been thinning out the trees around their place and is more than happy for me to take it as he wants to reduce the fuel load on their lot. Want to be able to interleave the kindling in the wood that we will stack near the back door to the garage. 

Hello Monday Evening Bridge Gang! This is to confirm that we are playing this evening at Chateau Brown, anytime between 6:30 pm - 6:45 pm. Have confirmations from Michaelo, Lady Di, Dame Judith, O Susanna, Green Gables Girl, [host!], Lady Dar and myself. If Choocheranian can play we'll have two full tables, if not, Dummy is back in the saddle again. See you this evening. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi GGG! I just had a last minute cancellation from Michaelo so it would be grand if your friend, Lynda, could play. Cheers, Patrizzio!


No comments:

Post a Comment