Tuesday 19 September 2017

Aerostream Freeloaders Hit the Road/Cruel Swiss Arrive With the Alpine Blues: Tuesday, September 19th!

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will have truly defeated age. -Sophia Loren, actor and singer (b. 20 Sep 1934) 






Hi Ragin' Tern! Thanks very much for the U-Haul information. [Hi Dad, the more I look at the trailers i think it should be the largest sized one!! As well the weather is starting to turn, the more we can have all closed up the better. Thanks, xx] As you can see, I have included ChloĆ«'s list. With your mathematical expertise, I'll let you decide which trailer you think we should rent. From smallest to largest, which one you think is best, given additional haulage capacity of truck bed, two car's worth of tubs, and, of course,  easiest/safest for you to pull. I also appreciate your suggestion about loading/locking trailer and then truck bed next morning. Apparently, ChloĆ« has already sold a number of pieces of larger furniture, (sofa, three tall shelving units), so I think loading truck bed should go pretty quickly.

This being the case, I think we should have most of the "small" stuff in tubs/boxes by the end of Monday evening/night. I could then meet you at U-Haul on Marine Drive, (I will phone to reserve unit you suggest, on Monday, or earlier if you think that necessary. I believe that is the best/only place, unless you know differently.), at some time, yet to be determined, on Tuesday, to rent rig and then head back to Wall Street for loading. [We will be staying at Harbour Terrrace with Flamin' and Sarge, so relatively close to you. Whether you want to leave truck hooked to trailer at wall Street, and have one of us take ypu home and pick you up on Wednesday, you decide what is best for you, unhitching trailer, etc.

Must away as our friends, Dawn and Gerry Martin, are leaving this morning. [Where is Ragin' when you need his fabuloso omellettos! They have a brand, spanking new Airstream, picked up in Vancouver, and are wending there way home to Terrace. Chat soon. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Picking up hootch at Terravista; Heraldo with Chris, at Upper Bench, explaining laser thermometer for measuring oven temperatures! Deck at  Three Sisters; wine and cheese in Airstream before Lady Dar's fabulous pizza!
Duke is not amused! Airstream Freeloaders hit the road!

Dear friends..we are doing very well and we enjoye our trip!!! We are driving from Kamloops and will arrive in Penticton around 4 pm... is that ok for you? Annemarie and Rudy..see you this evening..we are looking forward....Fabuloso! Travel safely. See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Grazie tante, Patrizzio! I wish you a most pleasant visit with your Swiss friends and hope to meet you and your wife again some time..Renato GoldmanHi Renato!!!! Sorry it has taken me a bit to reply but it turns out that we will not be able to attend your book launch as just heard from our Swiss friends and they confirmed that they will be arriving around 4:00 pm today. Everything seems to happen at once! At any rate, I wish you Buona Fortuna with launch this evening and trust our paths will cross in the not too, too distant future. All the very best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: At Terravista yesterday, with Bob, winemaker's husband, and friends from Terrace, Dawn and Gerry, and then this morning just before they left to visit friends in Kelowna.

After we waved goodbye to Aerostream People we busied ourselves readying the guest bedroom for the next round of Swiss Freeloaders. Once bed was made Lady Dar wanted the freshly painted electric fireplace we had brought into our bedroom yesterday moved slightly to centre it on the wall. Task accomplished, she left for an appointment and I brought most of her painting gear into the bedroom as she had about a three feet of the outside wall to finish. This necessitated moving my bedside bureau away from the wall but since it's not too heavy not difficult. Anna Maria Tremonte had phoned earlier to say that they would be driving from Kamloops to arrive at our place by 4:00 pm. This being the case, I wanted to go for my ride and be back in time to welcome them.  
Was suited up by 11:30 am and decided I'd opt for another Gerbil Cage session, as  I simply didn't relish 97, to Summerland, with weekday traffic, and didn't want to buck a headwind on way home from OK Falls, even though Penticton Airport suggested wind was only blowing out of the NNW at 6 kph. Felt much stronger as I rode down Ellis but not too, too bad. Decided I'd do the KVR Loop once back from Riverside so did just that, seeing Bambi and his Mom and Aunt just at the start of the trail, their large ears pricked in attention bit otherwise they were unfazed.

Once this was done I headed back to PTC for another run to Riverside and then repeated the route so that on the after the second KVR loop I had about 43 km on the clock when I circled at PTC. Consequently, one last run along Lakeshore and back from Riverside my trusty odometre registered just the right amount of distance to give me my goal for the day by the time I was back home. Fairly routine ride but I was pleased that I had been able to push my AVG to 21.1 kph, something I'd not been able to achieve on a number of similar rides over the past week or so. Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1987268305#.WcGPN72oI6I.email

Who’s up for a hike? Let’s meet at Home Hardware north parking lot at 0800 (IGA in S’land at 0740) and head to Twin Lakes Ranch. I haven’t been there for a while and would love to ramble up and down a few slopes. And, of course, we will follow with a debriefing and refreshment. If you are interested, give me a heads up. I’d appreciate it. Cheers, Jim 

No comments:

Post a Comment