Sunday 24 September 2017

Champagne Charlie Sings the Blues: Sunday, September 24th!

Men are often capable of greater things than they perform. They are sent into the world with bills of credit, and seldom draw to their full extent. -Horace Walpole, novelist and essayist (24 Sep 1717-1797) 

Near Sorrento!
Hi Polly and Mick! Trust you are well. We are driving into Vancouver this morning and I am wondering if you two are interested and available for a game of bridge, (at your place!), on Monday evening? We are going to be helping Chloë pack up the loft. Lady Dar has her book club on Monday evening, hosted by Flamin', hence Sarge and I will Freeload at your place, if available. I can probably stitch together a game, elsewhere, if only one of you is interested or available, so let me know numbers and I'll plan accordingly. If I don't hear back before we leave, around 9:00 am, I give you a shout when in Vancouver. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Yes come by. Look forward to it. What time were you thinking? Will you have eaten?

Hi Polly! Great that you both can play. I can't speak for Sarge, but I'm more than happy to have a bite with you. I assume we might be knocking on your door around 6:30 pm. We will be at the loft all day so I'll need to go back to Harbour Terrace for a quick shower and change and then to your place. We are just about to leave now so I'll give you a call when I've chatted with Sarge. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Commandanté Patrizzio! I take it from your last missive that you plan to hitch a ride with me? Perfecto! I will have the A/C on max the whole trip!! On the lighter side, I had to gas up today, so the prospect of topping up in Abbotsford is looking like not so bad an idea, especially if you want to shop at the Costco. We talk. I have taken further steps to use various bits of lumber in my garage to put up sides on my truck bed. So now we can load more stuff, as long as it’s not too heavy as there will be some hitch weight as well. Perhaps the mattress / box spring can go on top, leaving more room in the trailer. Awaiting contact and further orders, and deserving of a promotion to Private 2nd Class, … Private (No designation) Peric. Cheers//bjp

On the trail
Private -2nd Class, (No designation) Peric! As you can tell, you have been further demoted for not reading latest classified intel correctly. I will not be riding shotgun with you but rather convoying in the MMM, covering your sorry -2nd Class Ass! However, we will stop up for re-fueling at Camp Costco where you will receive further reprimands! 

Before that, however, I'm wondering if you can don your Quarter Master's beret and provide chow on Tuesday evening. [Lady is dining elsewhere, it goes without saying!] As well, I was thinking that perhaps we could stitch together a bridge game. Do you want to call Fast Eddy to see if he is interested/available, or perhaps Elaine/Ted if he can't make it. [I'll call them if needed.] Anyway, let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Commandanté Patrizzio!

Juno and Dax, expecting a treat for “being food"
Hi Patrick! A great time at the Gallery the other evening. Hope it didn't break the bank. I noticed that you were drinking the Lakeboat Lager. We have 1 1/2 flats (36 cans) of this lager and 12 cans of the Apricot Wheat left over. Would you be interested in buying this Beer? If so, you can have the 48 cans for $100. 
Cheers Hal 

Hi Old Farts, Have I got that date right….the end of September already??? This week we will take a longer drive and explore the autumn wonders around Kilpoola Lake. We will: -meet at 0800 at Home Hardware north parking lot in Penticton (0740 at IGA in Summerland) -carpool and head for the grasslands of Kilpoola. There are a couple of options for places to explore. We will make a decision on Thursday. -end off the day with debriefing and refreshment at a location to be determined. Just so I have an idea of numbers, I ask that you give me an email nod if you are joining us. Cheers, Jim

Hello Fartograms, We plan to hike to the interesting Giant Head Basalt (actually Dacite) Columns tomorrow, and go on to conquer little Giant Head mountain. 
It has been a while since we did this hike. As usual we will gather at the Summerland IGA parking lot at 8:00AM. Pentictonites should come together at the HH at 7:40AM then make their way to the Summerland IGA parking lot 
Hope to see you there! Cheers, Grandpa Aart (young at heart) and Uncle Tony in absense Hi Colleen, we are thinking of going to Belize this winter but am reading about safety issues there. What did you experience? What places there would you recommend going to? Coming into Vancouver today to help Chloe pack up and clean the loft. Will drive back with here on Friday. Patrick and Branco taking furniture on Wednesday. Talk soon, Love Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment