Friday 29 September 2017

Time for the Sendero Canyon Last Cheque Blues: Friday, September 29th!

There is always more goodness in the world than there appears to be, because goodness is of its very nature modest and retiring. -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, biographer (28 Sep 1868-1956)


As a thank you to volunteers who have already confirmed 12 hours of shifts for our fast-approaching festival, 30 comp tickets are on offer for a wonderful event scheduled for Wed Oct 4, at Performance Works, here on Granville Island. Something is always on fire: A conversation with Measha Brueggergosma. Wed Oct 4, 7:30 at Performance Works. We will be awarding one comp ticket to the first 30 people who respond to this message and say YES to the event. We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for confirming your shifts! Kathryn Hello Dearest Katarina! What a wonderful, wonderful offer! I would so dearly love to see Measha Brueggergosman in person! However, even if we were fortunate enough to have been some of the lucky thirty, life here in Penticton does not allow us to be in Vancouver at this time. No never mind, we'll have to soak up even more such events at the VWF. See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
[Stephen Carthew

The thinker n her gramp]
Before I knew it it was 6:00 am and El Diablo was agitating for quick release so I staggered to the garage to un-barricade the cat door and let The Wildlings out. Back to bed until 7:50 when Duke started to "suckle" my throat and arm, quite aggressively as I suspect he is suffering from withdrawal with Lady Dar being away for almost a week! Still quite groggy, I managed to haul myself out of bed to zap my java and then prepare the pumpkin and crunchies for a fabulous feline breakfast. Then it was time to hit my computer as I am light-years behind in my correspondence. Had a call from Chloƫ reminding me that I need to obtain a bank draft for last prepayment on Sendero town-house. Will need to go to RBC to get two, one for Gil, our realtor, and one for Ragin', to cover all the moving expenses which have been charged to his credit card. Will drop him off at Skaha to collect his truck and then back home to work on more re-organizing as well as a few more chores around the house that I hope to help Ragin' discharge! main ones being hooking up two rain-barrels we have had sitting on patio since Ragin's last visit!

Jugos Dom Pedro called after ChloĆ« and he will pop by, en route to airport, [He is off to Madagascar!], to bring us latest harvest from his garden and orchard, hot peppers and apples! 

Hi Fartogicians,This Monday we plan to go up Fire Mountain, not sure which track, but I think it would be nice to do a more easterly route. As you may remember, views are pretty spectacular. Also, because it getting a little chiller, I propose to start at 9:00AM. As usual we will gather at the HH parking lot at 9:00AM. Summerlanders should come together at the IGA parking lot at 8:40AM then make their way to the HH in Penticton. For the seniors among you .... REMEMBER TIME CHANGE: 9:00AM Hope to see you there! Cheers, Opa Aart (... young at heart) and in absence Tony Quixote good morning all! we just got back from the far north, so I will not be joining you this morning, but since you will be so close by, feel free to stop here for coffee after your hike.  we woud love to see you, and can put the coffee on! Hanneke and Doug

This is Lady Dar's choice!
Chloe & Patrick, Please make the certified cheque out to Fasken Martineau Dumoulin LLP in trust and drop it by my office. Thank you And Congratulations! Gil Hi Corinne;I have contacted Christine Duncan Notary Public who is happy to sign you all up next week. I just heard from the Buyer’s lawyer and they say they should have documents to me by Monday. So I am hoping you can sign with Christine Duncan on Tuesday, October 3rd. I will confirm with you once I receive documents. Christine Duncan Notary Public is on Main Street. You will each need to take two pieces of ID with you also. I will email documents to Christine (and copy the email to you also) so they are ready for you when you arrive. Hope that works for you. Yours truly, Jean McLaughlin Conveyancer, Toews & Company Thanks so much. Her office is very close to our house. Can we go in any time? Or should we make an appt.? Corinne
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment