Friday 15 September 2017

Spamela and JB Sing The Weekend Bidding War Blues: Friday, September 15th!

We would often be ashamed of our finest actions if the world understood all the motives which produced them. -Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, writer (15 Sep 1613-1680)






Hello Sino-Canadians! Are you back in Vancouver? How was the trip? Busy here. We are wondering if you will be around the weekend of Sunday, September 24th and then later that coming week. If so, perhaps we can arrange a visit. Given the sale of the loft, at the moment we are busy trying to ready the house to accept Chloƫ's possessions, once it is vacated. To this end Lady Dar is painting one of our bedroom walls, against which will go the electric fireplace we had in our living room at Harbour Terrace. She put two coats of paint on unit, earlier this week, and I finished off with a third. Then one coat of Varathane. Will put on another today and she will finish wall when she is back from her volunteer shift at PGH.

Also busy decanting boxes of books that have been in garage for last two years! [Small dent BUT I have taken three knapsacks worth of books to The Book Shop and now have an $80 credit!] This way there will be a reasonable amount of space in garage for all the boxes and tubs that will arrive, not needed until Chloƫ moves into condo in the spring. While things always seem to happen in a rush at least this latest set of developments has galvanized us into action, forcing us to do many of the things we have been planning to do ever since we moved here!

Into this mix we have friends from Terrace, en route home, visiting Sunday night and then friends from Switzerland, this coming Tuesday, for a number of nights. Plan to give them paintbrushes when they arrive and hope they'll cut their stay short! Anyway, hope we can see you before you return. Let us know and we'll plan accordingly. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Album: Stills from Go Pro, to be used in storyboard for coming blockbuster!


Since Lady Dar was away at PGH I took the opportunity to use my computer while she was answering questions on the Info Desk. Was able to stay on it even after she returned as she was then off to play Mah Jong but around 2:30 pm I started to ready myself for the day's ride. Wind was out of the NNE at 13kph so I knew I would be hitting the Hamster Cage Trail. To this end, once I reached Riverside I made for Red Wing East and did three loops there before crossing 97 to Red Wing West where I completed about seven loops of the development before returning to Riverside. Then it was the Power Street Loop with only one circuit of the Memorial Arena complex before I could make for PTC. A few extended dipsy-doodles on the side streets off Ellis, just past Cannery Brewing and I literally swooped home, the wind helping me to achieve a very respectable AVG, 22.3 kph, at least for me, Dear Reader! Bravo Patrizzio!! Cheers!!! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1979547766#.Wb6bXlwPgCI.email 

Hi Patrick!!...It sounds like the hike through hell!!! According to the pictures which were outstanding!!...that there were some very challenging areas!!
Anyway the main thing is you all came out without too many cuts and bruises
I look forward to maybe a hike or two upon my return from California
Happy to hear the smoke is gone and the weather has cooled off a bit
I'm now on the official list for the Monday hike destinations and meet up places.
Hope to see you on Monday the 25th!! Elle..PS ..I enjoyed reading your colourful version of last Monday's expedition!!


[4x8 trailer - 8'1" x 4'1" x 4’ inside (LxWxH) $150/day] Patrizzio, The Arctic Tern migrates 12,000 miles every year. I doubt that organizing this venture equals the complexity of moving one person from Vancouver to Penticton. ANYWAY, I looked into U-Haul. I can tow the trailers below. Rates based on (say) 4pm pickup; return in Penticton next day … Note the 4x8 trailer will fit the mattress, but at an angle .. a queen size is 5’ wide.
Caveat: I wouldn’t leave anything in the truck bed overnight, suggest we load and lock the trailer, then toss the rest of the stuff in the truck bed the next a.m. before heading out. So how are your volume calculations progressing? I am taking my Ranger in for an oil change next week and to have the wiring verified, still have to pick up the tongue & ball for my hitch. Branko 


Hello Patrick & Corinne, We had a great holiday in the Okanagan in no small part due to your super hospitality. It was great meeting the bridge crew and playing some good hands. Thanks, Corinne, for giving me your seat at the table. Dinner was better than ever using local products, wine included, with the pear pie taking it to another level. It is great to get together in your home, and this visit was no exception with lots of fun and good conversation.

We did visit the bookstore and I bought a Philip Kerr, so grateful for the reminder of my interest in him and of the great bookstore. We had a couple more fine cycles on the KVR - it's a treasure - and came home loaded with fine wine and peaches. Do let us know when you will be in Vancouver so we can see about a dinner together down here. Hope Chloe's move up goes smoothly. Look forward to crossing paths again soon. Thanks!! Jim & Jocelyn


 

No comments:

Post a Comment