Tuesday 5 September 2017

Back-to-School Traffic Jam Blues: Tuesday, September 5th!

If he does not fight, it is not because he rejects all fighting as futile, but because he has finished his fights. He has overcome all dissensions between himself and the world and is now at rest... We shall have wars and soldiers so long as the brute in us is untamed. -Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, philosopher and 2nd president of India (5 Sep 1888-1975)
 


Thomas Comeau Hawkes Hey, Pat. That you. U of W rugby mate.Hi Thomas! Yes, it is me from my rugby playing days, such as they were! Sorry it has has taken me a little more than two years to reply! I don't really use Messenger or Facebook so many posts go unnoticed. Give me a shout if you do receive this message. Snap taken a few weeks ago on the shore of Skaha Lake at a UBC Okanagan reception for UBC alum in the Okanagan. Cheers, Patrick!

I can play either nite. Also I have 2 jazz festival tickets for this weekend. They are complimentary . I would be happy to give them to you if you would like them. Pls let me know Judy  Hi Judy Blue! Grand that you can play on Wednesday. Interestingly enough, a Library School classmate of Lady Dar's, Jocelyn, and her husband, Jim, are house-sitting for Lynne and Peter, this week, while they are away in Italy. Jim is a very good bridge player so I've invited him to join us and he is delighted to do so. Will have to see if I can repeat my Doubled/Redoubled trick! If it turns out that we have enough for two tables would you bring your table? I'll let you know as soon as I know. Thanks.

On the Jazz Festival front, we 'd be more than happy to accept your very generous offer of tickets, especially since we were planning to attend. Chat soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi everyone I am back!.... and ready to play on whatever day you folks choose. Just let me know,...hugs Olly Hi Olga Polga, et al! Welcome back Olly! Everyone has missed you so it will be wonderful to see you again. As everyone can tell, I've made an executive decision to play on Wednesday, at our place, so will see those who can play any time after 6:30 pm. Haven't heard from Naramata Goil or Madman Michaelo but if they can play we'd have enough for two tables. At any rate, will proceed with one table as of this writing. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi J & J! Bridge is on for this Wednesday, James. Typically, we start around 6:30 pm. Jocelyn, you are more than welcome to join us and visit while we play, serve drinks, do dishes, vacuum, fold laundry, etc! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick, I am missing all of you however I am unable to play this week. I have family visiting for our 30th anniversary. We are having a week long celebration. Have fun. Hope to catch up with all of you next week (as long as it’s not a Tuesday or Thursday evening). Pamela Hi Judy Blue! Turns out that Naramata Goil cannot play and I've not heard from Michaelo so we won't need your table. Thanks anyway. However, one table should be fun as Jim is a lovely chap. See you at 6:30 pm. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Ok thanks See you at 630 Hi Naramata Goil! Have not heard from Michaelo so we won't be having two tables. Happy 30th Anniversary from Lady Dar and I to you and William. Hip Hip Hooray! Cheers, Parizzio! Patrick, Thank you for the e-card…very sweet. Hope to see all of you next week. Pamela
 
Hello Famiglia Ritcey! I know that Lady Dar sent along an earlier thank-you note but I wanted to add my own thanks to you both for the wonderful, wonderful evening! The lamb was ultra-delicious as was everything else, the malt and vino plenteous, (in the extreme!), the fumes on Monday morning propelling me along on my terrific hike up Wildhorse Mountain, off Garnet Valley. See you soon, somewhere, sometime. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lamb Festival Extraordinaire!
 


Dear Poppa Thank you for the birthday e-card and hope you had a great hike! Thank you as well for the very generous gift of helping me get into the real estate game next year xoxo! Love Ayn Hi Goils! Glad you enjoyed the card Ayn. Looks like you had quite a "haul" from lovely snaps of party in Simi Valley. For my part I really did enjoy a terrific hike. [Account and album below, if interested.] Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio, Allied Van Lines Man!


Although my legs felt pretty good after yesterday's hike, [Think the swim, later that afternoon, at Lady Dar's favourite beach, near The Prague Café, helped soothe away any aches and pains from muscles not used to such work.], smoke, yet again blanketed town so I decided upon but a short, maintenance ride. To this end I put on my Gerbil face and followed the Hamster Cage route I've managed to refine over the last few months, primarily in response to fierce winds and heavy smoke. By now I hardly have to think about where I'm going and how many loops of a given sub-section I'll complete. Additionally, both Lakeshore and Riverside were almost completely tourist-free zones, Summer now being officially over, with passing of long-weekend and students back at school.

Although it was murky and eerily dark when I set out at 5:30 pm, surprisingly, I didn't have to switch on my LED light until close to 7:30 pm. Must say that I did enjoy having the road to myself as I whizzed around in dizzying circles, having to dodge but one four-wheeled rental unit, a sure sign that the town is emptying itself of pesky tourists. Funny how one becomes so possessive about one's home. Felt much the same about Granville Island when we lived there. Anyway, I was back home just before 8:00 pm, hardly perspiring as it was quite pleasantly cool for duration of outing, without watering eyes or hacking cough, so most pleased indeed! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1961144709#.Wa-BbbOE6gQ.email
 



No comments:

Post a Comment