Saturday 9 December 2017

Burns Street Open House Bash Blues: Saturday, December 9th!

There is no frigate like a book / To take us lands away, / Nor any coursers like a page / Of prancing poetry. -Emily Dickinson, poet (10 Dec 1830-1886) 

 



Good morning Patrick, I am sorry I missed the actual date on Wednesday. The only excuse I have is that I was working in Dublin and did not actually look at my paper diary where I keep birthday records. Hope you had a fun time celebrating this big occasion. Believe today is your “at home” party which I wish we could be with you both to enjoy. Andre is currently in Scotland visiting “distant” cousins in Inverness and on the island of Lewis. I just hope he makes it back in time for our flights to Barbados on Wednesday since the weather up there is currently really severe. I am off to Brussels working earlier on Monday morning so the next task is to start the packing once again - something I really do not enjoy! I am looking forward to staying in one place for a few weeks with plenty of time to rest and relax plus catch up with my reading. Corinne - I have not forgotten I promised you some recommendations. Take care my friends Have a fun day today and much love to you both, Rosemary XXX

Hi Brussels/Barbados Babe! Thank you for the birthday greetings and wishes. I had a very enjoyable 70th, thanks. Anyway, must away as I have a few errands to run to pick up a few last minute things for Open House. Place is in pretty good shape as Branko and I moved most of the furniture in the living room last night. Took out coffee table and rolled up rug to clear a larger space in the centre of the room. Will put the two large armchairs in the study once Branko is out of bed and we can put the Murphy bed up. Dining room table is under the shelves and most of the food will be placed thereupon. Bar will be on the kitchen island and non-alcoholic, hot apple cider on the stove. Didn't have a tree last year as we spent Christmas in LA so not quite as much room but more festive looking, of course. Doors will be flung open at 4:00 pm. Etta and Duke in charge of taking coats! Fondestos from Lady Dar, starting to ready ham for oven. All the best to you and Andre. Trust your time in Barbados is more than enjoyable. Happy Christmas to you both. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: 70th Birthday! Firewood; Tree! We cut it ourselves last Sunday!

Good Morning, Paul Bunyan Patrizzio: Many thanks for the lovely pics of your tree cutting adventure.  I'm sure your house must look wonderful with all the Xmas decorations.  Hope Duke hasn't made a home in the tree. I'm busy cleaning & decorating the house for our Open House next week. Enjoy your time & bike rides with Branko.

Hope you had a fun time celebrating your BIG 70th on Wed. with friends.  We can have a toast for you next Friday at our house. Sending you very HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY wishes for a super time as you continue to celebrate it into the next year. Cheers!! Mary Lee & Paul :-)

Hi OF hikers This Monday, Sir Kilian will lead the charge to Wildhorse Mtn, and possibly Rattlesnake as well, depending on conditions. Meet to carpool at HH Penticton at 0840, or IGA Summerland at 0900. See you then! Cheers Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment