Friday 1 December 2017

Il Conduttore Wails the Right Shouldare NMRi Blues: Friday, December 1st!

Labels are for the things men make, not for men. The most primitive man is too complex to be labeled. -Rex Stout, novelist (1 Dec 1886-1975)  


Dunn P, My very special friend. Even when I am forgetful lol. I am doing awesome and life is still continuing positively. No regrets in it all. Funny with the WWW - lots of friend call me that in LA, not for Wild, Wonderful, Wole which is what they mean; rather, Wole Williams World.. I guess. Just curious, do you write your emails in one sitting? Men, you are a real Librarian with distinction. I wonder if you ever wrote a play in that sense...
Our African adventure is slowly coming to the end. Meantime early morning on the beach in Zanzibar. Cheers Mike Hello Zanzibar! What lovely shots! I guess you'll be sorry to be home! Cheers, Patrizzio!
I want to specially thank You for updating me with current development within your circle. Glad most of all that your are well and thriving. Pardon me for not being a match writer, but of course I have much I would like to say as well.

Oh yes, I will be in LA for Xmas, and a year we met ago. I know you have a lot planned and I hope we would be able to hook up somewhere somehow. Barakat has not joined me yet, not for a change of heart. We are yet to have a response from the immigration. Quite hopeful though. Costa Rica is one of my spots to visit whenever I can. Lovely country from many angles. Friend, i will look forward to another meet and until then be well and keep up the spirit. I wonder if you still have my cell number Bye for now and God bless! WAD


Hi WWW, however you interpret it! Lovely to hear back from you and know that immigration process for Barakat is in process. Buona Fortuna with this!!! Yes, thank you, I still have your phone number. I still remember you writing, scratching it on/into a small piece of paper near the corner of Canoga and the Orange Bus Trail! Talk about hieroglyphics! I promise I'll give you a shout once we are in Tinsel Town. If all goes according to plan we should arrive at Ayn's place on Saturday, December 30th, probably late afternoon as we are driving from Berkeley. Depending on weather, your schedule, let's see if we can go for a ride next day, Sunday, to ready ourselves for New Year's Eve. Anyway, let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly.

Must away as I need to light a fire before Lady Dar comes home from Mah Jong and then have a quick shower/change of clothes. At 8:00 pm this evening I have an appointment for a NMRI at Penticton General Hospital. May well be that I will have a right shoulder replacement. If I do, I'll almost be Titanium Man with two hips already replaced! Take care of yourself, Wole. All the best, Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: My "Lobsterinos" and new odometer. Miss Etta this morning and then Duke when I returned from my ride!

Hello Patrick, So great to hear from you.  Your life looks just as busy, perhaps dizzying, as ever!  And I owe you a major update of my life ...I retired from AT&T mid July!  The thinking started when Randy and I were still together, and it was to allow me to accompany Randy on his long trips.  Once the retirement seed is sowed, it’s kind of hard to go back ...  Fortunately, the few real estate investments can subsidize the very modest pension from At&T, and I may be able to sustain if I am careful with money.  Plan is I may find a rich guy anyway ...
I have actually moved back to San Antonio as initially planned because there are lots of friends here, and lots of things for me to do.  I have spent half of my last 4 months traveling, taking care of things long put off, and settling in my new environment.  Now I’m in a 1-bedroom rental in this new, urban Pearl Brewery complex, somewhat similar to Grandville Island, surrounded by restaurants and special events (music, markets, etc) all the time.  The complex is rather high end, complete with immaculate maintenance, concierge, valet 24/7.  So I’m pampering myself!  

I’m reconnecting with old friends and getting into new things.  Very excited about getting on the board of trustees at Southwest School of Arts in January.  Also picked up a woman owned restaurant/catering business as a client.  I’ll be their CFO and making a little drinking money in the meantime ๐Ÿ™ƒ

My goal is to work in the wine country in the summer and fall, but have agreed to entertain my two 9-year-old nieces from Taiwan this summer.  So the dream has to wait another year ...  Got more travels in the next year to include Charleston in May, Florence Italy (dates not yet decided, extra bedrooms!), Venice beach in Oct, Taiwan November, ...

Just yesterday I made plans to be in the LA area for Dec 22-29.  Is there a chance to connect?  I used the Vail house for exchange and got a gorgeous house in Laguna Beach.  There will be an extra bedroom!  House looks like a resort, complete with pool, hot tub, sauna, beach views, hiking/biking trails. Plan is to just hang out with Miranda and Adrian. Would love to connect in LA.  If you I swing by San Antonio, I would love to see you here too.  Will have a comfortable place for you to crash. I was sad to find out about Dusty passing, but didn’t call as you guys were in the midst of family gathering.  Many fond memories of him.  Such a great man.Love to everyone! Hope to see as many of you guys as possible in the near future! Ruth

Hi Retired Ruthless! Congratulations on your retirement! Hip Hip Hooray! Also, pleased to know that you have returned to San Antonio, although we certainly enjoyed getting to know Dallas. I'll miss biking around SMU and on the KATY Trail! However, you sound very well-established in San Antonio, back with friends and involved with a number of exciting, new ventures.

Unfortunately, we won't connect in LA as we don't arrive until December 30th! Will be in Portland on the 27th, Williams on the 28th and then Berkeley, with David and Nancy, on the 29th! Nevertheless, we would be delighted to see Adrian if that is possible, week after New Year's, so perhaps you could pass along his contact details.

San Antonio is certainly a possibility now that we know you are there and will be around. Will certainly be in touch once we've ironed out more details about rest of our trip east. As I see things, as of this writing, we would make for Palm Desert from LA, to spend a number of nights there, with friends, Lynne and Peter, from Naramata, who have rented a house there for two months. Then on to Sun City for a few nights with Louise and Henryk, close friends of Corinne's sister, Pamela. They took care of our place when we were in India in 2015.

Then north to Sedona to spend some time with Gill and Phil, friends from here in Penticton, who have a house there. After that, to Santa Fe to see friends, Chris and Doug, friends of David and Nancy, in Berkeley, who moved there, a number of years ago, from San Diego, where we've stayed a number of times. They travel a fair bit so if they are not there we would make for San Antonio from Sedona. Anyway, looking forward to connecting! Thanks for your kind words about Dusty. Rosita is doing very well. Hope we can convince her to visit Penticton soon. Fondestos for now. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Chloรซ and Katie after Seinfeld concert last night. Miss Etta on our shower mat this morning!

HaHa I'll see what I can do for you Patrizzio!! I hope everyone can enjoy a "ravioli lasagna " with Italian sausage rather than ground beef. Let me know of any dietary restraints that I can accommodate. I think 5:30 would be a good time for arrival. My house number is not that obvious but you'll know you have arrived if on your right is a long (and tall) cedar hedge. The driveway is a very sharp turn but unless you're driving a big pickup you should not have a problem. If you stack up the parking along the hedge all should be good����
 
Buongiorno Bookworms! Just received a message from Gammon Goil, ("'ravioli lasagna'  with Italian sausage, rather than ground beef." Please note, Caro Luigi, Lady Dar, (rice dish), is gluten-intolerant, [not to mention Patrizzio-intolerant!], but she insists she does not wish you to change main dish on her account, as she usually doesn't eat with her meals anyway! {Hi all, I'll make sure I have a few chicken breasts to supplement the meal so all will be fulfilled!

See you on Monday! Hi again, Chef Luigi! On behalf of Lady Dar, thank you for your sensitivity to the needs of her sensitive tummy. As well, not trying to interfere with your menu planning but I assume you will be in touch with Senka to confirm what  she should bring. I know that Michelina plans on contributing an appetizer. Thanks and Cheers, Overly Insensitive, Pushy  Patrizzio! ��๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿคถ), and she, Caro Mia, suggests that she thinks we should convene at 5:30 pm. That being the case, Von Bingen, (salad), and Cousina Michelina, (?) should adjust their schedules to arrive at Burns Street by 5:00 pm, this coming Monday, so we can carpool to the Bistro in the Sky! I know Proud-as-Proud-can -be-Grey-Cup-Mom is bringing dessert but not sure what Albariรฑa has in mind. With any luck, she doesn't eat with her meals either!

Apparently The Bistro in the Sky, although a high-end joint, doesn't provide valet parking so please follow the Luigi's instructions. Crestfallen that Dame Judith cannot join us but when it comes time to plan for next gathering, group will endeavour, to the extent possible, to see if we can avoid a date which falls on a Monday. With this, I think all the bases have been covered so look forward to seeing everyone. Cheers, Patrizzio! I have all the info required for Monday night๐Ÿ‘ Have a great weekend�� Pam Hi Weekend Well Wisher! Fabulous news about Monday briefing! For my part, I have all the equipment I need! Take care of yourselves, Naramata Folk. All the best, Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Would love to bring anything that may complete the menu. I have mentioned an appetizer previously ?-as far as I can see all other courses have been taken care of. Let me know please -or perhaps fruit, no garden watermelon at this time of year though. Senka Hi. P I'm trying to count how many people will be eating is it 6 or 7? I will bring an appy and will decide when I know how many. I suggest to you that your Lady Dar is very "Patrizzio tolerant " ;) M I day of reading today. Hi Cousina! You cut me to the quick! The Sisterhood, so united, so stalwart, so wonderful! Plan on seven for the meal. Thanks. Happy reading! Cheers, Tolerated Trizzio! Hello everyone I'm looking forward to meeting you. I will bring a gluten free appetizer Monday ;) I hope a smoked salmon smear appeals. Michelle Thanks for the offer!  Let's see... Donuts?  Weed?  How about an appetizer of your choice:) Dear Gourmands! Any chance of a weed infused, gluten/lactose-free, wild salmon spread, lathered on rice crackers, with a hole in them, garnished with imaginary garden watermelon? Cheers, Top Chef Trizzio!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘ Pamela

Darn it, now I am upset about missing the evening. Don't forget all that Musaic is having a concert this Friday and Saturday. Penticton 7:30 St. Saviour's Church and 2:30 Saturday, St. John's Lutheran Church. I have three tickets left for Friday night. $15. It will be a great concert and a wonderful start to the holiday season. Dame Judith Hi Dame Judith! Lady Dar would like two tickets for Musaic's concert on Friday night, if still available. Cheers, Patrizzio! ๐Ÿ˜‹Pamela 
 
Hi! Just looking at the coming week and checking the weather and tides for wed. as I will be walking with Robert who just lost his wife. Bob is a British archeologist & right now very emotional so I will comfort him. I score high with Emotional Intellegence and being empathetic and understanding is what I love and relate to and it comforts me too to be able to help and guide him. He has a Rhodesian ridgeback and so the hounds will enjoy their romp on the beach. 

Lunches with girlfriends, dinners with friends then all of John’s cousins over next Sunday for lunch. John is barbecuing leg of lamb, roasted potatoes & vegetables with chocolate almond cake for the finale. The following week is lunches with girlfriends, Christmas dinner at the faculty and then Robert’s memorial for Karen at his home, then that night an open house down the street with neighbors, the next day on Sunday another invite out for dinner. Oh, dear all sounds so busy. Being the introvert I have to find my place of solace or I will go mad. For you my dear, you thrive with all that activity. xx Hi Person Whisperer and Social Whirlwind! Even as an extrovert I'm almost exhausted by your schedule! Fortunately, was able to recharge my batteries as I enjoyed a grand outing today.Take care of yourselves, Island Folk. All the best, Cheers, Patrizzio!

I'll have to put The Late Show on my reading list. It's great that Seinfeld is playing in smaller towns around B.C. We've seen him a couple of times and have always enjoyed his comedic banter. We are planning our Whiplash Golf Tournament for next year and might very well pick the Penticton Lakeside Hotel for the event next August. We'd love to visit you guys when we scope out the place to see if it will work for our Squamish group in 2018. Hi Whiplash Squamoids! Fabulous news! Squamish comes to Penticton!! Run for them thar hills!!! It goes without saying that you must stay when carrying out scopeage. When might that be? Same goes, even during tourney but I suppose you will have various gatherings planned for course of event. Anyway, if it suits, you are more than welcome. Just let us know and we'll plan accordingly.


Just had a newsy message from Ruth Chang as I contacted her, hoping to visit in Dallas this February. However learned that she has returned to San Antonio so hope to see her there. I think you knew that she and Randy are now divorced. Haven't heard from him in ages and he has not replied to my last few emails. Two more books you might wish to take a look at are Michael Redhill's Bellevue Square and John Boyne's The Heart's Invisible Furies. We saw John at the VWF and he is a wonderful reader! Lady Dar cannot say enough good things about his writing as she's currently reading the book. Take care of yourselves, Whiplash Folk. All the best, Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick, It's funny, I was just reading a book review about Bellevue Square in The Sun paper so now I'll definitely make it a priority, as well as Boyne's book. Thanks for the heads up. I'll get Rick to check his calendar to see when we can make a visit. We were thinking in February since you are away in January. If there is a time in February that does not work, please let us know since you may be visiting Ruth in Texas by the sounds of it. I'm so glad to hear that she is in recovery mode from the divorce much like my sister. It's great to know that they can find the light at the end of the tunnel and move on. Have a great weekend and good luck with the MRI results. Ruth
Hi Little Red! Don't tell The Grumpoid about the synchronicity that we share. I know Lady Dar is jealous as well!! Given what we have planned for this year's "winter holiday", I don't think we will be back, much before the end of February. Lady Dar has to be home by March 4th for an important church finance meeting so I assume we will be back at Burns Street a day or so before that weekend.

Day looked quite promising for a ride so after I spent a goodly part of the morning keeping in touch with various friends around the globe, while I munched on yogurt, granola and a diced Gala. Just before readying myself to head out I made myself a delish cheese and onion sandwich to fuel me for the coming ride and brought in a couple of armloads of firewood to be ready for the fire I'd light upon return. Was suited up and ready to go by about 11:50 am. Knew that wind would be blowing like blazes, out of the S, yet again, at between 27 kph an 30 kph, gusting to a mere 40 kph, Dear Reader, according to PenAir. AccuWeather suggested temperature was between 3ยบ and 4ยบ but their RealFeelometer suggested it was more like -3ยบ and -4ยบ, figuring in the wind chill, I suppose!  

At any rate, I was well prepared as I had taken out my Lobsterinos, my warmest riding mittens, to keep my hands warm and toasty. Furthermore, I finally figured out how to invoke the dispaly I wanted on the new odometre so I was all set. Given wind conditions I decided I'd bite the Gravol bullet and stick to Wednesday's route, the one I ridden, sans display I wanted, to recheck and further calibrate the various component stretches. Couldn't have been happier as I sailed along and was very pleased that the distances I'd used turned out to be spot on, for most of the integral stretches. Did overcompensate on some of the links but more distance is always better, of course. 

In spite of the repetitive nature of the ride I enjoyed each part as I suppose it was positive reinforcement to know that the distance I'd covered on the earlier ride was almost exactly what I estimated it would/should be. Furthermore, my fingers were more than comfortable so nothing unpleasant, physically, to make the ride seem interminable. Only wrinkle was the fact that the display I was using did not show AVG speed. I was able to do a rough calculation, based on elapsed time and distance to know that I was holding it at, or slightly above 20 kph. Turned out to be the case when I was back at Burns and downloaded the ride to confirm that the AVG was 20.2 kph. Now I need to see if I can substitute calories expended on the display face, for AVG speed and I'll be swinging the known cycling universe by the tail! Then I'll spit on Iron Men! Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2360158473#.WiHY-PSTfFo.email

Patrick, Shoulders seem to be a common problem with you older gents...Bill has a bum shoulder too. He is going to try physiotherapy. Bravo for riding in Dec. There was a right brisk wind out there today (as the Maritimers would say). I hope that you had a tailwind in each direction๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘ Pam Hi Maritime Maven!
Sorry to learn about Wild Bill's shoulder. I do hope physio will help but since I have not a shred of cartilage left on my right shoulder, (bone on bone!), Single Malt liniment is only solution! [Warning on bottle reads: ๐Ÿ’€☠️๐Ÿ’€ Not to be taken Externally!๐Ÿ’€☠️๐Ÿ’€] Am absolutely taken with "right brisk wind." What a wonderful, wonderful delightfully understated characterization of a ferocious blow! I'm afraid I'm probably going to steal it for future ride descriptions so I guess I'll have to start paying you royalties. Unfortunately, no tailwinds to be had, seemed like a head wind in each and every direction! Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: I have a simple, yet efficient, exercise "pulley" which fits over the top of a door, or some other stable fixture, that I'd be glad to let Bill try out. I used it to help strengthen and stretch my shoulder/arm muscles in the early days of cartilage deterioration. Physio, at the time, suggested it.

Patrick, I hope this finds you well. Indeed you seem to be on speeding up tred mill. life is good here although the weather could do with some improving. What with agility classes golf and cards,and my stints at the Bagshaw Clinic,life just keeps on trucking. The Haddleton celebration was quite good fun with a few renegades you would have liked to catch up on. No Af. Open bar and as you said previously it was a one eyed cycle home. The apartment is almost at done. I am sure Corrine would update you on this. Looking forward to our road trip to SAN Diego. Also looking forward to our Southern Africa trip. I hope Ted is doing O K. Sounds quite saddening though. Will not make the open house. But I am sure in your usual style it will be a blast. Kali sends regards to Ella and Duke. He is missing their dishes. Take care Patrick. ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ™❤️☃️๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ

Hi Glasgow! Great to hear from you. Sorry I missed Captain Haddock's Memorial. Last time I was at the Rowing Club was with you and, as I recall, another one-eyed, Cyclops, ride home after wine-tasting! I'm sure Captain H enjoyed the send-off, just his style! Yes, treadmill is, speeding up, as you observe, although it is more of a gerbil-cage with respect to riding!  In a similar vein, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it or not but at the moment I'm in the midst of planning bicycle trip to Moravia and Poland mid-May to June 10th.
Just wondering if you might be interested in joining me, for one or both excursions, or if you might be in Great Britain/Europe, perhaps we could connect for rides on our own. Give it some thought and let me know what you think and I'll plan accordingly! All the best, Glasgow. Cheers, Il Conduttore! 

Pics: Both Etta and Duke are resting up for Open House! Sorry you and Kali cannot make it! Had occasion to reconnect, recently, with a friend, Gord Stenhouse, with whom I played handball, back in early '70's, in Winnipeg. He has now become a Grizzly Bear expert and lives in Hinton. I was telling him about cycling at Tahoe and coming across a number of bears after I left you and Whirlygig. Talk about extra distance!
 
Hi back at you (again)! TV dinners.. yes, the good old days..Don’t think my mom sent me to your dad’s store for them.she ‘cooked’ dinners for us and never went anywhere without us so no need to provide food when away, (poor woman)..You were a lucky guy!! I believe my mom sent me to the IGA almost every day for groceries. Glad you’re happy with your new gadget. boys and their toys LOL! Am going to check out the two books you mentioned. Cheers! moi
Hi IGA Girl! I'll have you know that I don't have "toys" but only useful equipment! This evening, at 8:00 pm, I had an appointment for a CT scan at Penticton General Hospital. Only took half an hour and that included trip there and back. Most was spent in Reception Area so cannot complain. Take care of yourself, Pampered Cooked Dinner Gal! All the best, Cheers, Patrizzio!

Scar!! Caution!! Not for faint of heart. Lol!! Plse, Not for sharing.๐Ÿ˜œ
 
6 1/2” scar. Frank measured. Feeling anew, motivated & optimistic!! After a terrible week with nausea, vomiting, wooziness, fainting & horrific dreams because of opioid reaction, starting afresh as of Wed, Nov 29. Surgery Nov 22. Discharged Nov 25. Officially, today is Day 9!! See my Surgeon, Jed Loughren, Monday Dec 4. Saw me 4x post surgery!๐Ÿ‘��๐Ÿ˜Š Happy gal!! Can’t wait to hit dance floor in due time!!
Hi Dancin', (Almost), Goil! Hearty
Congratulations on successful surgery although sorry to learn that recovery was marred, most, most unpleasant from what you describe! Up and Onward to Zumba! Anyway, take care of yourself, Maggie! All the best, Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: You showed me yours, I'll show you mine!
 
Hi Patrick we have forwarded sale proceeds to the sellers notary public and notified the realtors that the transaction has closed. I will forward your reporting package by mail and upon receipt of notification from Indian and Northern Affairs Canada that they assignment has been registered we will forward a copy. Best, Laurel Hi Laurel! Thanks very much. To you, as well, Theresa. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! I am out of the office returning Dec 11. If you require assistance please contact my assistant: Caitlin at kessler@pushormitchell.com for real estate development matters and estates; Margaret at devries@pushormitchell.com for corporate, commercial and lending, Karen at webb@pushormitchell.com for First Nations Land Development matters and corporate commercial, Leah at fraser@pushormitchell.com for wills, Laurel at reading@pushormitchell.com for conveyances. Cheers! Theresa

Hi OF hikers This Monday we will venture up Mt McLellan, which we have not been up for a while. There should be a bit of snow on the ground but nothing serious. Meet to carpool at 0840 at Summerland IGA and 0900 at Home Hardware Penticton. See you then. Cheers Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment