Sunday 18 February 2018

Balboa Park Blues: Sunday, February 18th!

True teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross; then, having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create their own. -Nikos Kazantzakis, poet and novelist (18 Feb 1883-1957) 


When I was up this morning I discerned no sign of life in my poor laptop, although I had hoped for an overnight miracle. Despondent, I carried the cold corpse back to the dining room table and prepared to administer last rites. Plugging it in for the last time, for the funeral dirge The Sisters of Mercy must have heard my pitiful prayers and Shazaaaam! the magnetic plug beamed its mini-Cyclops, orange eye at me! "Jubilation, Apple loves me again, I fall on the floor and I laughing." [Please identify slightly modified lyrics for a free dinner at a local pub! Jubilation, She (Cecilia) loves me again, I fall on the floor and I'm laughing. Bruno I win dinner at the pub! Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel!  Too easy. We have tickets to see Paul in Vancouver in May!  Hope you Mac holds in til you are home!! Carol] This being said, I do think the transformer or wiring connections are starting to show their age so I will need to take it in to an Apple Store, probably sooner than later. For now, I am crossing my fingers that I can "limp" home, as is.

Hello Famiglia and Amici! I must apologize for not sending these along sooner but unexplained computer failure! Depart Tinsel town tomorrow morning, stopping at Caprone, in Paso Robles on way to Villa Vicente. We will probably stay overnight, on Tuesday, the 20th, after leaving Berkeley/Sonoma, so that we can eat at Jack's, our favourite steak joint. Next day to Portland with Marilyn and Michaelo, and then with Flamin' and Sarge for weekend. Home to Penticton on Sunday. Fondestos from Lady Dar, watching Olympic coverage, to one and all. Must away as last chance for a ride in Tinsel Town this trip. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2507239942#.WooOiWAHh_8.email

Hello Patrick, You sent your Valentine's Card while travelling!! Thank you. It's a cute card. Mind you, I have lost track of where you are right now. Quick update on me: I am kind a' falling apart here. Elbow tendinitis early January which forced me to cancel my Florida trip to mom's and delay it by 3 weeks. A very sore left hip (the good one), apparently I have no arthritis but bursitis, got a Cortisone injection which only helped a little, I am in physical discomfort and hobbling along at half speed, my mom can keep up with me now! 

Just returned from FL last Tuesday, I had to pack up my mom's apartment and move her to another seniors' facility with a secured Memory Ward as she has taken up wandering. And ended up in Lions Gate hospital on Thursday night, apparently I had a mini heart attack while at mom's, so am waiting for an angiogram tomorrow. Not to worry, I will live to tell the tale, even if it is a little too much to take it all in, but I will get through this. Enjoy your travels and my love to both you and Corinne. Yda

No comments:

Post a Comment