Tuesday 27 February 2018

Lens on Lent Blues: Tuesday, February 27th!

Men of genius are often dull and inert in society, as a blazing meteor when it descends to earth, is only a stone. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, poet (27 Feb 1807-1882) 


Corey William Well it’s official. After 7 years in the LMD, Rebecca Sutherland and I are transferring inland to Penticton, BC!! House went on the market today! Time for a new adventure. Wine country, here we come!!! Roger Darrow Someone has to keep Patrick in Order. Patrick James Dunn Order of Good Cheer!Chloe Alexis Dunn I think it’s an excuse for Corey to drink more!!! And pull Patrick in with him!!! Patrick James Dunn As long as it is on the halves!

Lady Dar opened the front door for El Diablo around 5:30 am which allowed us to go back to sleep until 7:00 am. I clambered out of bed then and Miss Etta came to rub up against me to say she was pleased we were back. She is now in one of her favourite spots, on the living room window ledge, observing life on Burns Street as it passes by! 

Have a few more chores to do. Putting away luggage, doing heaps of laundry, etc., and then I'm off for another ride. Will have to clean my Trek again as parts of it are caked with sand and grit, picked up by wet tires and thrown against brakes, wheel frame, chain and gears, etc. Too, too complicated to wash it so I'll brush off what I can and then use garage vac to finish, wiping rest down with a damp rag. Have to be back in time to be ready to go to Lens on Lent, a wonderful film series Lady Dar's Oasis Church sponsors. Start with pizza before showing and always interesting, as past series have attested. Fondest from Lady Dar, in the Rumpus Room, watching The Young and the Useless, with Etta on her lap and the electric fireplace going at full blast!

This just in from Elaine and family! Dear Family and friends, We are sad to say that Ted passed away at St John Hospice early this morning. He was surrounded by family and love in his last hours and he will be dearly missed. We would like to thank all of you for being so supportive of our family and of Ted through these last difficult months, and we could not imagine a more amazing community. We will send out details regarding a celebration of life in the coming days. Lots of love, Elaine, Kristina, Stephanie, and Laura  

Hello Everyone! I took the liberty of sending condolences for all of us. I trust this was fine. Love Dad/Patrizzio! Dearest Elaine, Kristina, Stephanie, Laura and family! Please know that all of you are in our hearts and minds, having received the news of Ted's death. Know that we grieve with you and for you as you struggle to come to terms with the loss of such a wonderful, wonderful husband, father, grandfather and friend, to all who knew him. Words simply fail, as always, in the face of this unbearable pain and anguish but we send abiding affection, and comfort, such as it may be, to you all. Again, with deepest, heartfelt sympathy and love, Clara, Corinne, Ayn, Chloë and Patrick.
Thank you for sharing this sad news with us. We know you have lost a friend and we have all lost a good man. We're glad you got to see him before the end.
Thanks again for sharing some of your time below the line with us. Your presence always makes our lives richer! David & Nancy Hi Cactus and Donna Florida! Thank you for the thoughtful words about Ted. Yes, indeed, he was a very good man. Thanks as well, for your kind words about us. Of course, we feel exactly the same about you.

It was a blessing, for us, that our return to Canada allowed us to visit with him and family, especially as it was shortly before he died, as it turned out. Over the course of our time at the hospice, last Friday, we were able to have a number of intermittent snatches of conversation whenever his drug-induced drowsiness allowed him to drift in and out of consciousness. Next day, he was never awake while I was there but did wake up when Corinne visited later that afternoon. Even though we really didn't know the gruesome medical prognosis, we both felt that it was highly unlikely that he would live much longer. We await the notice of a celebration of Ted's life as we plan to attend. In spite of everything, life goes on, as it must, as it should. Thanks again for your warm love and friendship, beyond compare. Cheers, Patrizzio!

How very sad. I'm glad that you were here and were able to tell us all about Ted and his health issues. I hope that you were able to have a good last visit with him. Pat Hi Patrizzia! Thank you for the concern about Ted. Yes, he will be sorely missed. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Pat for letting me know. Very sad!
Andrew Hi Sir Andrew! Thank you for the words about Ted. Cheers, Il Conduttore! Very sorry to hear of Ted's passing today. My love and thoughts are with Elaine and the girls. Could you please provide their mailing address, I would like to write them a note. Ayn Thank you for sending...what a difficult time for them. Ted was a great person So sorry to hear of Ted’s passing , I will send a note. Clara So sad Patti Pat, Ted was a very good man and it's so sad that he has passed  on too soon. Thanks for relaying the information. Ray Hi Raymond! Thank you for your words and thoughts about Ted. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Very sad news for everyone. I know Patrick you and Corinne will miss a very dear friend. So happy you were able to spend some time with him this weekend. Thoughts love and prayers to you both Michele Let me know on the celebration. Wayne

Had plenty to do on Tuesday morning, last of unpacking, putting away luggage, doing heaps of laundry, etc., before I was off for another ride. Had to clean my Trek again as parts of it were caked with sand and grit, picked up by wet tires and thrown against brakes, wheel frame, chain and gears, etc., on yesterday's outing. Too, too complicated to wash, given outside temperature, so I brushed it off, using some of the great special bike brushes Chloë gave me for Christmas, then wiped down the chain once I'd cleaned and oiled it. By the time all this was accomplished it was just before 2:00 pm and given that I had to be back in time to be ready to go to Lens on Lent, a wonderful film series Lady Dar's Oasis Church sponsors, I knew I had to be back by 5:30 pm at the latest. 

No time to waste so I decided I'd just do a re-run of yesterday's route, more or less. Streets were far drier today so I was pleased about that. As the wind was blowing quite strongly out of the South at 24 kph I thought that the Riverside to Lakeshore to Power to Westminster was the best way to minimize fighting the gale. Turned out to be a reasonably good strategy and did the hamster cage here until I was close to about 31 km before making for the SOEC where I looped enough times to clock 47 km before I made for Ellis and then home, fighting the wind all the way up Ellis. Still, in spite of this, I was back in plenty of time to shower and change for the film. More importantly, I would be there for the pizza which is served before showing! Cheers, Patrizzio! Map and Stats for ride: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2525543324#.WpYANQ7ueN0.email

Hello Patrice I am ever so apologetic that I have not corresponded back to your lovely and action filled emails. I am taking a memoir writing course which I will let serve as my excuse as I have been spending several hours each day writing excerpts for it. I did want to share some of our Mexico pics.with you..especially pleased to see what an effort is being made to begin recycling plastic down there. We saw several examples of this. Also a huge highlight were the 5 different denotes we visited in our travels..each one unique and amazing. We didn't get pictures at the first onevwhichbwas fairly small and located underground. The others were magnificent and we both remarked how we wished you were there to enjoy them with us. Next time or maybe they have some in Asia. I feel like we need to get together to discuss our trip to the fat east...already anticipating it with great relish. Give my love to Corinne and the previous felines. Hope to see you soon 😚

Hello Famiglia! Just back from seeing Lion at Lens on Lent, a film series at Oasis. Based on a true story and what a story, let me tell you, in case you've not seen it. Must away as I've to start reading First Snow, Last Light, by Wayne Johnston, our next Book Club selection, for March 8th. Lady Dar has it on her iPad, Kobo app, but couldn't bring it up, for some reason, over last few days. Need to steel myself for the optical experience as I've never read a novel in this format before! Turned out I was actually quite taken with the technology and enjoyed the various features, (Back-lit screen, page turn at the tap of finger and more that I have yet to discover, I presume!), not to mention how much I am taken with the writing itself! Fondestos from Lady Dar, already curled up in bed with a cat! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lady Dar this afternoon watching The Young and The Useless, along with the royal felines! Jim French, lovely chap in hiking group as well, introducing Lion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment