Wednesday 7 February 2018

Singin' The Sun City Blues: Wednesday, February 7th!

I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. Don't trust that conventional idea. Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance, any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it. -Charles Dickens, novelist (7 Feb 1812-1870)


Hi Sad Sacks, et al! Terribly sorry to hear that you will not be playing at Il Palazzo di Naramata tonight!  Especially so since we were planning on FedExing some hors d'oeuvres and salad plates for your munching pleasure. Former by Lady Dar, latter by Patrizzio for last night's dinner. Started with cocktails around fire-pit. Must away as I need to start loading up The MarriageMobile as we are off to Sun City for the next leg of our sun belt vacation, then on to The Sedona Hole-in-the-Canyon Wall Gang. 

I'm sure there will be a game to be had there! Fondestos from Imelda, off to have an early morning soak in the hot-tub while her domestique packs her considerable amount of baggage, five suitcases, three devoted entirely to shoes! Cheers, Ever 'Yer 'Umble Emasculated Man of Service, Patrizzio! Pics:  Asparagus wrapped with Prosciutto; life around the camp-fire; saladin!    Hi Etta and Duke! Adored the two snapolas of you both but am sorry to learn that Chloë Alexis is making you do the dishes. I also understand that you are forced to vacuum! Must away as Peter had just made poached eggs for everyone and then need to finish loading car. Will be in touch from Sun City! Fondestos from Nana, packing her suitcase. Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio!

Dear parents, Your beloved boy brought me a dead bird this morning while I was still sleeping in bed!!!! He was pouncing and fussing and I reached down on the end of the bed to throw the toy or paper off for him to play elsewhere but felt a soft and not expected shape!!!! Turned on the light to discover a small bird dead in my bed and a very proud Duke!!!! I immediately grabbed him and locked him in the rumpus room and had to get the dead bird cleaned up, bedding in HOT water wash and wash my hand and everything I could see a million times!!!
When I finally let him back in he raced to my room but I had the door closed and he was yelling at the door to be let in. When I finally let him in he was searching for the bird and annoyed with me I think. Did I mention this was at 5:30 am!!!! I think I’ll ship him to you!!! ❤️a very tired Chloë Hi Birder Duke and OCD Woman, et al! Trust you are both well in spite of the trauma! I thought you liked doing laundry. Duke was just giving you an excuse to do it earlier than normal! Etta must be teaching him her techniques as she brought a bird into living room this past fall. Probably a deer will be next! 
 
Anyway, arrived here in Sun City, around 4:00 pm, local time as we lost an hour, coming from Palm Desert. Very easy drive although I-10 was almost bumper to bumper semi-trailers. Speed limit in Arizona is 75 mph so we sped along. Around Quartzite we noticed fields and fields and fields of RV's parked, side-by-each, some seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Cannot imagine what people do. Saw a number of dune-buggy-like rigs as well as ATVs so probably many tear around the small hills through the scrub of the flatlands.

Turn off for Sun City is before Phoenix and no trouble taking exits so smooth sailing even though traffic was much heavier, closer to city, of course. Once we'd greeted Louise and Henryk, and unloaded our bags I even managed a ride, through the wide, almost completely without traffic, surrounding streets. Development is, more or less, based on ever widening circles so I was able to do loops within the confines of this huge development.  Saw three small rabbits, two garage sales and a mother and two daughters, pulling a small wagon, selling Girl Guide Cookies. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2484804868#.Wnvh5WRmX-8.email 



Will explore further today as golf carts are street legal whenever speed limit is under 35 mph and so biking is fabulous most everywhere hereabouts. 
Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! 






 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment