Thursday 22 February 2018

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow, The Cornerlius Pass Blues: Thursday, February 22nd!

What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness? -Jean Jacques Rousseau, philosopher and author (1712-1778) 


Cat under your bed Come home!!! Etta and I discovered a big black cat under your bed at 6:30 this morning me being still Half asleep was calling for Duke to come here then duke walked up beside me and that’s when it got crazy!!! I grabbed them and locked them in the rumpus room but shouldn’t have as when I scared the cat out with all rooms closed off except the front door he ran to the glass rumpus room door as he came in that way. He and Duke had a major fight between the glass and this cat was going crazy. I finally got it our wearing huge boots with the broom. He was doing a dead man I’m not moving body so I had to push him with the broom out from the hallway and he thankfully noticed the patio doors wide open and ran out.

[After a hard day, poor pup is zonked. It’s hard defending your home! Mom

Then when I left Duke and Etta back in Duke started peeing ........ what do I do lock them in all day? Or out all day? It’s cold here minus 13 I think. But this is twice now that cats have gotten in and it could be a lot worse then it has been.
Arggg it’s better to have retirees home to tend to high maintenance fur sibs.
Poor Etta was hiding in the garage tail triple the size she wouldn’t even eat!!!
Who needs coffee when you have adrenaline!!! ❤️
Oh my God. That is crazy. Well you can’t lock the doors when it is so cold which is probably what is bringing other cats in.Lock the door into the house at night. If Duke wants out he can unlock it. Home Sunday glad someone will be happy to see us. Mom

Hi all, So Saturday is coming soon and I am planning dinner. I will take care of dinner if you want to bring appies and dessert. I can add one appy as well. What time works for all of you? I’m good from 5 on. Cheers. Janet Hi Penguin and Ragin'! We hit town around 3:00 pm this afternoon. Janet, terrific that you are hosting this Saturday, anytime after 5:00 pm. Thanks. Ragin' and I will work out who will bring an appetizer and dessert. As I understand it, we only have three players, as of this writing. I asked Polly Carter, [She and Mick are in Palm Desert until early March.], to poll her bridge ladies but everyone is otherwise engaged. I have a call in to another friend but have not heard back. Also, will contact another friend, by email, as I don't have her phone number. Johnny The Snooz is another possibility, according to Ragin' so we are probably fine. Lady Dar sends regrets but The Sisterhood has laid claim to her time! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Cheers, Patrizzio/Il Conduttore!

Pics: Shasta, by Lady Dar, on the move, en route to Portland; spring flowers at a Rest Stop; what awaited at our "hotel" on Cornelius Pass Road, outside Portland; Marilyn and Michaelo saying goodbye this morning. It snowed about two inches overnight and was snowing quite heavily when we left Portland, not stopping until we were about 50 km north of city! Jack's, in Redding, on Tuesday night, our favourite steak joint!


Well, maybe crib and dinner then! If you can’t get a bite, then let me know and I’ll see if I can find anyone. I am not all that confident I can find someone but you never know! Janet No luck I a afraid.  Busy with ski trips birthday dinners .....

 
Waved goodbye to Marilyn and Mike at around 9:30 am and had no difficulty on CPR but decided to head north on 30 as we'd never been that way before. Had fairly heavy snow, from the moment we waved goodbye, [Michaelo was right, as always, (though never, ever acknowledged), as it was not wind in the trees!], until we reached Longview but after that it was clear all the way to Vancouver.

We hit town around 3:00 pm that afternoon and are staying with Flamin' and Sarge. They were curling that evening so after I went to the gym across the way, I visited with friend, Ragin' Bull, who helped me set up a second monitor for my laptop. By the time I was back, our hosts were home and we watched more Olympic coverage until it was bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment