Wednesday 21 February 2018

Mount Shasta and Mount Ashland Sing the Snowcapped Blues: Wednesday, February 21st!

I and the public know. / What all schoolchildren learn. / Those to whom evil is done. / Do evil in return -W.H. Auden, poet (21 Feb 1907-1973)

Hello Cornelius Pass People! Up at 7:00 am to have a quick shower before starting to load up The Marriagemobile. Not quite sure what the weather will be like over Mount Ashland so I took out my gloves and toque, just in case! Portland here we come! I assume you are expecting us. If not text Lady Dar, and we'll adjust accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Oh my heavens, where did January and February go. We are only a couple of weeks away from our March 8th get together. I have finished reading "First Snow, Last Light" and I have to say I did enjoy it. Being a Maritimer probably helped. I am wanting to find out what people want to do that evening in regards to food and how many will be coming. It just helps me decide whether or not to have it in my condo or to reserve the little room that we used the last time.

I believe the time chosen was 7:00, so perhaps finger food and water (just kidding) would be appropriate. Let "reply to all" to see what the majority would like to do. Also, as in the past come with a suggestion for the next book if you wish. Looking forward to hearing from all of you and to seeing everyone on the 8th. Kindest regards Dame Judith
Yes indeed! nevertheless the winter is a force this year Unfortunately, I am in YVR that evening flying in much too late to join you..😣


Hi Judi, we will be there. Happy to bring an appetizer and wine. I’ve finished book as well. Look forward to the evening. Best Corinne Judi, Thank you for hosting the next meeting of the book club. I will bring wine and a nibbly
Pam Thanks Judi 😆 I started with The network of New York, so will have to get busy on this one. I’ll bring wine and savoury appy. Michelle D Hi Judy. Looking forward to seeing you all again!! Looks like we bring an appie and bottle🧀
Yes Lou, that seems to be the consensus and that's great. Looking forward to seeing you as well. Judi


Late breaking news…. Tony is interested in snowshoeing tomorrow (Thursday) at Roddy Meadows. He suggests: -meet at IGA in Summerland at 0930 (to give the temperature a chance to warm a bit) -southerners meet at 0910 at Home Hardware parking lot in Penticton -no need to let him know if you are coming…just appear! Cheers, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment