Tuesday 6 February 2018

Finally on Fairway After No Biking Blues: Tuesday, February 6th!

True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess. -Louis Nizer, lawyer (6 Feb 1902-1994) 


My internal clock seems to wake me up, of late, at 7:00 am, no matter which country or city we find ourselves in. Very, very quiet, here on Shadow Lake Drive with just the gentle cooing of the lovely doves which perch in the trees which border the back patio, and perhaps, the burble of a few of the pool's hot tub jets. Life with the Naramatians in Palm Desert is more than wondrful! Lady Dar and I are on deck for dinner this evening so we will need to do a bit of grocery shopping, at some point. Other than that, nothing to do but continue to enjoy our very fortunate lives. 

A certainty, for me, will be to go for another ride to continue to explore parts of the city and some of the streets of the surroundings neighbourhoods that I didn't on our last visit here, three years ago now. I know, for a fact, that Lady Dar has a date with the dashingly handsome pool boy who brings her a tall Gin & Tonic, made with Boodles, whenever she snaps her fingers, if he isn't otherwise engaged in rubbing essential oils and other exotic unguents on her shoulders and back, the better to advance her Summer Skin! Such is the world of a member of the Pentcton aristocracy on winter holiday in the warmer climes of the Americas!
 
Hello Sun City Beer Fridge People! Trust you are both well and thanks for stocking the fridge, Henryk! We arrived yesterday and have been enjoying ourselves with Lynne and Peter ever since. I went for a short ride after we had unpacked and plan to go for a longer one as soon as I send this message. I took a quick look at Google Maps and see that from here to your place, drive is just two minutes over four hours. I assume we will hit I-10 between 9:00 am - 10:00 am, to have us knocking on your door around 2:00 pm, +/-, depending on traffic, etc. 



Fondestos from Lady Dar, ready to have a nap under patio umbrella after a delicious lunch and a couple of glasses of a 2016 Coffaro Barbera, 14.7%. I was a good boy and stuck to water as I didn't want to fall off my bike! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Looking forward to seeing you. Let me know if I have anything wrong. Otherwise we'll see you tomorrow. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Just before saying goodbye to Ayn in Tinsel Town; Peter at bbq last night; Lady Dar, still in her night shift, around pool this morning; Peter doing his laps; lunch with Lynne, et al, this afternoon. 
 
Patrizzio's Caprese Saladin!
By the time we had enjoyed a delicious lunch and I had helped clear things away, it was close to 3:00 pm before I was suited up and ready to ride. Left to make my way up Parola Avenue, all the way to where it intersects with Highway 74. Very good, steady, but not overly taxing up-hill climb, about 4 km worth. Turned around here and had the pleasure of an almost continual downhill run, zipping in to any residential developments that were not gated. all the way to Fairway. Here I retraced my steps from yesterday's ride, criss-crossing the streets here until I had close to 30 km on the clock. 
 
Lady Dar's hors d'oeuvres!
After that I headed for home but before that revisited the site of my catastrophic crash of three year's ago. How could I ever forget the spot where my front fender jammed into the forks of my front wheel and I hurtled over the handlebars, crashing heavily on my right side. Terribly bruised ribs and very, very sore shoulder but I still shudder to think what might have happened if this had transpired earlier in that fateful ride when I was whizzing down Highway 74 at over 50 kph! Anyway, still here, I paid hommage to the scene and then returned home, just in time for the start of Happy Hour! Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:

No comments:

Post a Comment