Thursday 4 May 2017

Attack of The Freeloaders Belting Out The Storage Locker Unhinged Blues: Thursday, May 4th!

When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion. -C.P. Snow, scientist and writer (1905-1980) 




Hi Patrick, It was our great pleasure to entertain you (actually you were the entertainment). Thanks for the photographic record. I’ll try to get the chain saw fired up next week. I just got back late last night from Myra Falls Mine, which is at the far end of Buttle Lake, in Strathcona Park on the Island out of Campbell River. I remember now why we chose the Okanagan over the Island. A very cool, oppressive, low cloud , rainy day in Campbell River yesterday. Tomorrow flying to Vancouver for a meeting but then home for most of May, except for the big reunion weekend. Cheers, Peter


Tick Spray: I saw on the news this morning it's supposed to be a very bad tic season be careful Dad when hiking!!! Hi Chloƫ! Yes, indeed, one needs to be very concerned about ticks! I have trained Duke and Etta to go over my body, before I shower, to check me out. They love grooming me, especially my head! When they find a tick they flick it into the toilet bowl and then watch it flush away! Unfortunately, they are a bit grumpy, of late, as their dental crunchies are finished and new order won't be at SPCA until later today or tomorrow! Duke has been trying to knock over can of stain in protest!

Do you have any idea of when you and Spumoni will be arriving? Lady Dar would like to know so we can have both place and dinner ready for you. Let us know. Love and Cheers, Dad! Pics: Feline inspectors; AcroCat! Just for YOU, Clarisse and Ms Tinsel Town!
Hey D, Pam is sky training to new west and is aiming to be here for 3 so hopefully we will be at your place between 7-8 depending on traffic etc. Please have fridge stocked with fuzzy water, fruit and wine!! See you tonight, so excited to see my sibs!!❤️šŸ˜»


Hi Sarge! Sorry I've not replied sooner but it was a very busy day today as I was putting shelves in the outside storage locker Ragin' and I moved to the north side of the house. After that was done I put the doors back on, with Lady Dar's help. Then worked on hanging up most of our garden tools so they are not in a jumble easy to get at. Also want to put fertilizers, sprays, and such on shelves where they are out of reach of children and cats! Etta was on the bottom one when we were hanging the doors! She hopped from the fence to the shelf and was very happy to sit and watch proceedings. Didn't even bat an eye when I was drilling.
 
Then had to tidy up the patio and garage, while Coramandel was cleaning up Rumpus Room, to ready ourselves for Spumoni and Chloƫ, who arrived just after 8:00 pm. [I was still vacuuming when they phoned from car, just past 8th Generation!] No more staining shelves until The Goils leave as Monique, Spumoni's close friend, now living in Nanaimo, is flying in on Saturday morning for the night, to have a visit with Pam. She will need to sleep on the Murphy Bed in Rumpus Room and it takes a while for fumes to dissipate so not too, too pleasant if one has to be there for any length of time.

Great that you have your flight from LA booked. [
I have my flight booked from LA to come home. W] If I read the information correctly, you leave at 6:30 am. Is this so? If it is, guess we'll need to be away from Ayn's place by 3:30 am or so. Maybe not even go to bed! At least there shouldn't be all that much traffic at that time.

Incredible thunder and lightening storm here last night. We sat out on the patio and watched the fireworks. Quite a display and heavy, heavy downpour. Our rain barrels are brimming again. Trust things are back to normal and all goes well on the granddaughter front. Fondestos to Flamin'. Do you want any particular cheese from Upper Bench or just a selection? Let us know and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Took these shots earlier this evening as I was afraid that the blossoms would all be knocked off by heavy downpour. Storage locker. Night sky just before thunder and lightening really started. Managed to catch one shot of illuminated sky. Raindrops keep blowing on my lens! Duke supervises while Spumoni raids his stash under TV cabinet! Work in progress!


Hello bridge friends, We just came back from a balmy balsamroot hike, and I talked to Olly about this coming Tuesday, and a possibility to play at her house.
Olly can you please confirm with the group, that would be great. Judy thank you for hosting, Pam for the doorprize surprises, Patrick for organizing, and hopefully Corinne is feeling much better. Cheers, Jos
Greetings Bridge Friends,
Just letting you know that Tuesday night's bridge will be at my house anytime after 6:30. See you Tuesday. Hugs, Olly Patrick, I am in for Bridge next Tuesday. I can drive. See you at 6:10 at Burns St.

Hi All! I'm probably committing a no no but please accept my apologies if I have offended you. I'm sending this request out with NO EXPECTATIONS, but felt the more people I could reach the greater benefit to sick children. Read the following and if it moves you I would appreciate your support. All the best to you all. Lou (Luigi) Hi, I have registered for the Great Cycle Challenge and my goal is to pedal 300 km this June to fight kids' cancer!

Why am I doing this? Because over 1,400 children are diagnosed with cancer in Canada every year. It will be tough, but it's nothing compared to what these kids face every day of their lives as they battle this terrible disease. Kid should be living life, not fighting for it. And so I am taking on my own personal challenge to support cancer research to give these kids the brighter futures they deserve. But I need your help. Please support my challenge and join me in the fight to save little lives by making a donation through my fundraising page:

https://greatcyclechallenge.ca/Riders/LouRutherford/d

All funds raised will support SickKids' Foundation to continue their work to care for these kids, develop innovative treatments and find a cure for childhood cancer. Thank you for your support. Lou







 

No comments:

Post a Comment