Sunday 28 May 2017

Team Naslund SIngs The Burns Street Gin Joint Blues: Sunday, May 28th!

It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way. -Rollo May, psychologist (1909-1994)


Hello The Sisterhood! Trust everyone is well!. Lady Dar, forgot to mention that we need mayonnaise and peanut butter. As well, perhaps you should pick up some chicken thighs or other selection of choice, to bbq for either/both Book Club and Bridge Group. Jo-Anne and Colin will be arriving between 5:00 pm-6:00 pm this evening for dinner. Fondestos to one and all. Travel safely. Cheers, Patrizzio/Dad/Favourite Son-in-Law!


Pics: Goat Cat! Farmers' Market: Jake, Front Street Belly-Dancers, Dave minding his wife's stall. Their farm is in Cawston Leigh, aka Balsamic Bliss Woman, from Summerland, and Shelley, aka Pepper Woman, from Cawston; Signage; Sleepy Girl! Ellen and Bill's front patio, of duplex next door, just formed.

Jo-Anne and Colin arrived just after 6:00 pm this evening. Colin called around 4:00 pm, from the Best Western, and Jo-Anne had just gone in for a dip as it was really baking! They brought two bottles of wine, a Rosë and a red, both from around Kelowna. Colin wanted to open the red as he was curious to know if I could identify a taste he couldn't. I wasn't much help as I didn't notice anything remarkable although it was very drinkable. As well, they brought a lovely hanging basket as Jo-Anne wanted to give you something following Dusty's death. I have put it on back patio, for now, and you can decide where you'd like it once home. As I scribe, Etta is guarding it, curled up on a near-bye chair!

We started off the evening with an UB Riesling and enjoyed some appetizers, (humous and two types of lovely radish from FM, along with some gherkins and rice crackers), on the front patio and it was most pleasant as back patio was really warm. Even a slight breeze so it was most comfortable. While we were chatting Amanda and Kayla came out to take Jasper for a swim, to cool off. When back I invited them for a drink and they ended up staying for dinner. Kayla only ate the roasted potatoes, three helpings, with Ketchup, and Amanda had salad and three helpings of beets, (again from FM), I'd fixed as a cold salad with a mustard dressing. Still enough pork loin for dinner when you arrive on Tuesday!

Kayla made us all cones for dessert so it was a lovely evening. When she and Amanda said goodnight we sat around the living room and Colin and I enjoyed a few snorts of malt before they left.


Hi Fast Phillpo! I've decided  I won't join tomorrow's hike as I have simply too, too much to do, here at home, and I have been on this particular hike a number of times already. Not that I don't want to start hiking again and see people but force of circumstance dictates my schedule.  At any rate, see both tomorrow evening. Cheers, Patrizzio

Hi hope you had a great visit with Joanne and Colin. Please send me your Costco list again. Staying at Wayne and Michele tonight. With Robyn tomorrow.
Hugs Corinne 


Patrizzio, Well, Juno arrives tomorrow! I am all in a tizzy today making the appropriate arrangements ... finding a bed sheet to cover the sofa, cleaning the bathroom, etc etc etc. Now, wrt to my (our) proposed visit to claim the Coveted Cabinet and Wondrous Watchamacallit, I have no committements for the next three weeks. However, I am hoping to utilize el camión monstruo to clear out my Dad’s workshop so I can make it functional with a small table saw and a sliding mitre saw.
 

[My new sailboat!  Got a great deal after that windstorm we had last week!] So what would work for me, would be to come near the end of Juno’s visit, and leave Monday, June 19th. Not sure how many days I can stay - care arrangements and junk removal dreams pending, but I would be available for a bit of construction. Peripheral activities could include taking Juno and Duke to the KVR.

I will probably bring my bike, but I was thinking driving to some point (ie, where I got the flat) and hiking to the Little Tunnel would give Juno more sniffology time - although she is good at keeping up with a bike (at reasonable speeds). In that case, we may have to strap Duke to the handlebars or stuff him into a saddlebag. ANYWAY, let me know if a window (backwards) from June 19th) would work and I will commence to make he appropriate local arrangements and indentures. Branko 


Hi Old farts, And now for something a bit different….Pete Parchomchuk has suggested that we travel a bit further afield for this Thursday’s hike. So, we are off to Lundbom Lake, in the grasslands just south of Merritt. It will be a longer drive (Pete estimates about 1½ hours from Summerland. So, if we are going to drive that far, he suggests that we ought to spend a considerable time on the hike, to make the trip worthwhile. So, we will: -meet at IGA parking lot in Summerland at 0800 (0740 at Home hardware in Penticton) -carpool and drive to Lundbom Lake -hike for 5 to 6 hours in the grasslands -return to S’land, arriving around 1700 (but please don’t hold me to it) Are you interested? If so, give me a nod by return mail to let me know. I hope to see a few intrepid characters on Thursday. Cheers, Jim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment