Friday 26 May 2017

Fond Farewells to The Hope-Princeton Goill Blues: Friday, May 26th!

A man that is ashamed of passions that are natural and reasonable is generally proud of those that are shameful and silly. -Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, author (26 May 1689-1762) 

Both of us were up at just after 6:00 am as Duke was demanding to play soccer! I had a stash of them, covered up, for security reasons, on my bureau and he was busily trying to bat them free! While we probably could, otherwise, have stayed in bed a bit longer, both of us needed to be up. Lady Dar is off to Vancouver this morning and I need to search for the stereo equipment cables, buried somewhere in one of the boxes in the garage since we moved two years ago. Jugos Dom Pedro is coming by, after his morning golf game, probably after 1:00 pm. to help me figure out what goes where, [If I find the necessary plug-ins. If not, I'll have to buy replacements!], as I'm completely in the dark as far as these things go!

Hi Pat and David! Trust your trip to Osoyoos went well, as did your meal and stay there. Thank you both, so much, for the wonderful meal and the lovely, lovely visit, brief though it was, of necessity, to fit with your tight schedule. Will be curious to hear about Ashland and the play(s) you will have seen. We have stayed there, a number of times, over the years, but have never had enough time to take in any of the plays. Must rectify that soon.

Lady Dar left around 10:00 am this morning and I've been busy, ever since, decanting boxes of books, (twenty so far!), from garage and filling new shelves, mainly on the unit which is already in place and won't require but a small adjustment in position when time comes to fasten it to wall and adjacent unit. Friend Peter dropped by around 1:00 pm, on his way from his regular golf game, to help me set up our stereo system. Couldn't for the life of me, find all the speaker wires and other such cables, [They were packed, somewhere, two years ago!], so needs must take a quick trip, (by bike, as Lady Dar has The MarriageMobile), to The Source. Want to have everything working and in place before I affix shelving to the wall and don't want to put any more books or records on the shelves as the considerable, additional weight makes it quite awkward to move the units when so laden.

Again, thank you both for your most generous hospitality, and the magnificent bottle of wine, it goes without saying! Will be in touch, shortly, to give you a firm date as to when you can expect Sarge and I to come knocking on your door! Travel safely. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Dry Creek takes Penticton by storm! Glorious sunset, Thursday evening. We played bridge last night at the home of friends who live on Spiller Road which is quite a bit above and to the north of Upper Bench, (But only about 10 minutes by car.), where we stopped after Poplar Grove. 


Map and Stats for ride: 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1760713185#.WSj_hlsPjPU.email 

Good bridge again last night - thx everyone. Phil and I consulted diaries and we can only make it on Monday night. Gill and Phil Greetings from Holland. Have to miss one more week of bridge. Having a great time with family and friends, biking galore...Back to my Heineken. Jos Hi everyone, First of all, a big thank you to Gill and Phil for the enjoyable evening. Good banana bread Gill! Second of all, as for bridge next week, I hope it can be on Wednesday as I have to come in for physiotherapy and will be in town so it would just work better for me, but I can do Tuesday if need be. Have a great weekend everyone! Hugs, Olly Someone left a water bottle with green lid. I'll put it in car and whoever it belongs to please remind us to give it to you!! Gill Patrick, Tuesday or Thursday are the only evenings that I can play Bridge next week. Phil and Gill, thank you for hosting Bridge last night😊 Thx for hosting gill and Phil. The spectacular view from your house is so enjoyable. Either nite is ok for me. Enjoy the sunshine😎😎 Possible we can make Thurs night also Gill and Phil

Hello Difficult to Schedule Bidders! Looks like we won't have two tables, on one night, this coming week, due to everyone's busy, complicated schedules.This being the case, I suggest we play on both Monday and Tuesday evening. We can meet at our place each night. On Monday, it will be Jack Rabbit, Phillipo, Judy Blue and Patrizzio. On Tuesday it will be Olga Polga, [Sorry, Rolly Polly but nobody can play on Wednesday!], Naramata Goil, Lady Dar and Patrizzio. Judy Blue, if interested and available, you are most welcome on Tuesday as well. Lady Dar will just be back from Vancouver so I'm sure she will be happy to visit and/or play the odd hand.

Hope this meets with everyone's approval. Please confirm. Michaelo, will you be back and interested in playing? If so, I assume Monday is your preference but let me know, please. Heineken Girl, delighted to hear all goes well with your holiday in Holland. Look forward to hearing all about it when you are back. However, I'm sure you'll be whining about the hills once home, biking on the galorious flat around and between the polders! Travel safely. Thanks, in advance, everyone. Cheers, Patrizzio!

I wish I could buck up I can't go to another funeral. On the other hand life is at least sunnier if not downright hot! Your garden beds look good and the painting looks strenuous! Did I mention before that Wally has a brother who works as an accountant in Sicamous. Had some friends here last week who brought us wine from Osoyoos and Oliver That was quite the gift of the bike rack. Praise for C for stopping to talk to him. I probably would have been too leary and ruined the whole thing for myself. We took Kian for a drive do he could sleep. Wally decided he wanted to join him so pulled over. Was it hot' 

Hello Kamloops! Great to hear from you but understand you are being affected by flooding as well. I suppose you are glad you live on a hill! Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Let Sleeping Cats, (and husbands), Lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment