Sunday 7 May 2017

Noble Ridge Raptor Sanctuary Blues: Sunday, May 7th!

Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come. -Rabindranath Tagore, poet, philosopher, author, songwriter, painter, educator, composer, Nobel laureate (1861-1941)



Corinne and Pat, So sorry for your loss. We feel so fortunate to have met Dusty - the few times that we did. What a wonderful guy. We have so much to learn by his example. I will never forget being berated by Dusty for my questionable play as his partner at the bridge table – and rightly so.

This coming to you from rainy cold Germany - north of Frankfurt. It is actually a sleepy little village (Holler) in the 'western woods' - the German word I should know by now. A welcome respite after all the bouncing around of the past four months. Jane's friend Monica (they met on the Camino) and her family are a lot of fun and very welcoming. The surrounding forests remind us of home - lots of deciduous trees just greening.

Italy was so much fun - we could have stayed there. The closest thing to Oaxaca we have seen to date. Mexico remains one of the highlights of the journey so far. Off to England on Friday - diving into the heart of our wasp heritage. Thinking of you. Our condolences to all the family. Love to all, G&J

Dear Corinne and Pat, We are very saddened to hear of Dusty’s passing. As George mentioned, we remember our last visit very well with all of you in Vancouver. I was so impressed by your Dad’s energy and zest for life. His paintings were lovely and he really enjoyed showing us his work. It seemed there weren’t enough hours in the day for him to complete all he wished to. I think it is wonderful that you were able to spend so much time with him and share so much over the years. We are thinking of you and your family. Please give our fond regards to Rosie. Take good care, Love Jane 


Hi WASPS searching for their Roots People! Thanks for your condolences and kind words. Certainly appreciate your sympathy. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Enjoy your stay in Jolly Olde. Travel safely and let us know when you discover your fabulously rich relatives! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Dear Corrine and Patrick and family, Maya informed us today of Dusty's passing. What a long and wonderful life he lived! Condolences to your Mother. We wish all of you peace at this time. Will you be having a celebration of Dusty's life? Noreen is with us at this moment in Ireland; Gail Alex Shauna Kevin and I , Alex's Mom too and Alex and Kevin's two boys. In a lovely manse in the country outside Limerick. Peaceful. We all wish you all peace and love at this time. Dusty was always a cool fellow to converse with. From Ireland, ✌️��❤️Colin and Gail and Noreen Kevin Shauna Colin James Sanders, PhD, RCC. 

Thank you for your lovely words Colin. The service for dad will be on May 17th at 2pm at the West Hawk United Church. Please give my love to Noreen and greetings to the rest of your family, Love Corinne  I have heard of Dusty's passing. I am sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you all. Love Lynette Thanks so much for thinking of us, Love Corinne Hello Famiglia Sanders! I know Corinne has already replied but wanted to thank you all for your sympathy. Take care of each other. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Lynette! Thank you for your condolences and sympathy. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!

What a loss it will be for you all.  But you must have some wonderful memories and many paintings.   You did so much with them over the years.  You were lucky to have each other.  We miss those evenings of bridge and will forever remember the lusty octogenarian knocking down walls in our house.  Pauline and Mick Hi Pauline and Mick! I know Corinne has already replied but wanted to thank you for your condolences. Fondestos from Lady Dar. When in town, will try to pop by or give you a call at some point. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Must away as I'm taking gang to the open house at The South Okanagan Rehabilitation Centre for Owls in Gallagher Lake. Will stop at a number of wineries, en route, as Lady Dar wants to pick up a couple of cases of wine for her reunion next weekend.

Hello Summerland Grand Slammers et al: Naramata Goil has volunteered to chauffeur so if Judy Blue isn't planning/able to play, Spiller Road Folk and I can go in her car, around 6:10 pm. Otherwise, I'm happy to take our car which will fit five. Lady Dar is working on the election so she will not be playing. Please Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! I am not able to play this week😥 Wishing u good hands Judy

Patrizzio, I am very sorry to hear about Dusty. I always enjoyed his company when he was around (although his Bridge was suspect). I am also encouraged by your deduction that he “had a good kick at the can”. Como se dice, “todos mueren, no todos viven”. The best we can all expect, is to truly live. My Dad is 93 now and although he survived a bout of pneumonia when he was in the hospital last, he shows the same symptoms … chipper one day, very tired and sleepy the next.

Anyway, I will put you on my calendar for dinner Wednesday. I have already purchased the hot dog buns as I find they are best when just a bit stale. I still have a few slices of edible petroleum - oops, “processed cheese slices” Lars left in my fridge two years ago - no worries, these do not “spoil”. I will also be making a spinach salad as I have some 3 week old spinach in the fridge, already a bit soggy, so should be perfect by Wednesday.

I did some lamb shanks the other day, and I am glad I didn’t save them for you. Not my finest performance. I followed a recipe - a mistake I seldom make - and even though I pulled them out of the oven 30 minutes before schedule, they were already what I would call “well done”, and more than a bit chewy. Next time - slow cook!!! Fortunately, as I scribe, I am baby sitting Rob’s girlfriend’s dog. Bella is a very fierce 4 year old doberman - almost as fierce as Juno and obviously has not eaten in months because when I gave her a lamb shank … well let’s just say, it wasn’t pretty!

We had a beautiful weekend here, unfortunately I did not take full advantage of the great weather, but it is supposed to hold for tomorrow at least and flats fixed, I hope to have an americano & snack in Steveston tomorrow. And, needless to say, if you end up heading for Winnipeg straight from Vancouver, feel free to park your car at my place and even mooch a ride to YVR. Branko 


Hi Pat Just heading home from the valley where AL Clover and I spent the weekend slaving at our new place...no rest for the wicked. We were so sorry to hear about Dusty passing. He was an extraordinary man who will be sorelt missed and we were so grateful to have had the opportunity to spend time with him and you a few years back at Madrona Manor.
 

Regarding potential dates for a visit to Penticton if July 21st weekend is still an option please ink us in and we can start celebrating Corinnes birthday a few days early. I start my new classes tomorrow which I will be completing in Belize...will be taking Sociology Geography and Anthropology which will allow me to complete 9 more credits and hence meet the requirements for my long pursued Sport Science Diploma. We will have lots of celebrating to do when we get together.
 

Send my love to Corinne...we did connect the other night and I hope that she is managing her loss without too much sadness. Adios and looking forward to seeing you in July unless you want to pop down to San Ignacio to see me at Galen University lol Love Marilyn


 
Hello All, It's time to once again visit the most fantastic display of Balsam Root flowers in the world. If this weather continues for a few more days, the flowers on Roddy Flat should be at their prime. Therefore we will postpone the Eagles Bluff hike which was originally planned for this week and instead do a more leisurely trip to Roddy Flat to the west of Summerland. Meet at the Summerland IGA at 9:00 or, for those carpooling from the south, meet at the Penticton Home Hardware at 8:40. Cheers, Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment