Monday 1 May 2017

Master Carpenter Packs His Bag Blues: Monday, May 1st!

President, n. The leading figure in a small group of men of whom -- and of whom only -- it is positively known that immense numbers of their countrymen did not want any of them for president. -Ambrose Bierce, author and editor (1842-1914)


Hello Tuesday Three No Trumpers! Judy Blue has very kindly offered to host on Tuesday evening, May 2nd, at 6:30 pm. Her address is #101-168 Regina Ave. Her unit faces Regina and has a huge boulder in front, as well as blossoming magnolia. Her telephone ☎️ is 250 490 0600. Please let me know if you plan to play so that Judy has an idea of number of people attending. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

We'll be there Thx Gill and Phil Looking forward to play and thank you Judy for hosting. Jos Patrick, I will play tomorrow night. I will bring Bridge prizes. How many prizes should I bring? Pamela Hi She Rides Goil, et al! As of this writing, I calculate we will have seven players, eight if Olga Polga is joining the gang. This being the case, we'll need two tables, Judy Blue, and I'd bring eight prizes, [Top score can be awarded two!], Naramata Goil! Thanks. See everyone tomorrow evening. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Patrick��👍 Pam Hi Patrizzio, Count me in. Thanks and hugs, Olly Great see you at 630-2 tables!!

Patrick, I am riding to night with "She Rides" so will not be at Book Club. Wishing you a lively discussion👍 Pam Great photos. And I will share them. Still only have heard from 4 folks. So will still see you both tonight in the West Wing Room at 6:30 Hildi is not coming tonight. Hi. Sorry I won't make it tonight originally was supposed to be out of town and haven't read the book so I'll catch up for next time Michelle I have rented the room for tonight and am there now. Remember the entrance is on Winnipeg Judi R we still having the book club tonight. I am in the room and no one has showed up. I don't have your phone number and I'm not in my condo.

Ciao Lettori di Avid! Thanks muchly to Dame Judith for hosting in such comfortable surroundings and providing oodles of fabulous wine. Thanks to everyone else for the more than tasty cheeses. Terrific spirited, if somewhat unruly discussion, [The Sisterhood seem not to follow Robert's Rules of Order!], so sorry that Von Bingen, She Rides Goil and Cousin Michelle were not able to join gathering.

Second chance, however, on June 9th, 6:00 pm, at 611 Burns Street, where we will discuss
The Break, by Katherena Vermette. It has been decided to have a pot-luck with Lady Dar showing off her skills on the bbq, for main course. Let me know who will attend and what you'd like to contribute so that we can figure out numbers and menu. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Spring! Eyes Wide Shut! Salut! Peekaboo! Arrivederci! Time to sit and reflect!  


I will attend.  and bring my famous salad - with the salad dressing. Or if you want something else Lady Dar let me know. Hello Patric,  I agree a very nice evening with delicious wine and great discussion as par the course! Can't wait to get into the next book. Would like to bring an asian noodle salad if that's okay. See you soon. L


Hi Patrice, Hope all is well and you are getting a chance to get out and ride now that the thaw is in full swing. Had a very busy and tiring week lat eek but also accomplished probably the biggest gag of my career with the cannon/ flip / racthet pull of the Hummer out at Golden Ears. Don't have much time to elaborate but all went very well and everyone is safe and happy. here's a few clips, one POV of the hummer landing on a crash camera and destroying it which made the director of photography very happy because he hates this type and it was the last one in town lol. Also another crash camera that didn't get hit and provides a fantastic angle and finally a view from the inside of the container which houses the ratchet and pulls the cable wrapped around the Hummer.

Although I am still waiting for the shot of the ratchet as it came after the cannon and after much set up I will forward when I do . I shot the footage from inside the container with my phone camera. Take care and ttys. Cheers, Al P.S. I will send the clips on different emails as I think they are too large.


Dear Hikers, During our hike Monday, I brought some home made tick spray for anyone to try and I promised to send the recipe. It is as follows:

1 Tablespoon Vodka or Witchhazel, (to act as an emollient since oil and water don't mix); 1/3 cup distilled water; 40 drops Rose Geranium. (Vitamin King carries this as local Vets have asked them to bring it in to protect dogs from ticks, so I know this one works - apparently some versions are not as effective.) Combine all in a spray bottle and you can spray your clothes, around your neck, hair - etc.

I would be interested if anyone did get ticks on Monday. There were two website addresses for the following - one had many photos of dogs, discussing the effectiveness of this recipe- and one had the recipe and video - . When I returned to the site, only one showed up. That is why I gave the recipe first in case it's not readily there. If there is any glitch in this transmission and you cannot get the info, please contact me. Happy Hiking all - hopefully free of ticks. Heather (Miller)

www.primallyinspired.com Heads up about the link. I'm afraid it goes through the whole palaver here. If you scroll down to 'popular posts' - it is listed there. There is also a link here about what to do if you do get a tick bite.










No comments:

Post a Comment