Tuesday 25 September 2018

Dunbar and Dublin Freeloader Blues: Tuesday, September 25th!

Aphorisms respect the wisdom of silence by disturbing it, but briefly. -Yahia Lababidi, aphorist (b. 25 Sep 1973) 


Joan and Paul Whitney, along with his lovely cousins, Una and Henry, from Dublin arrivedthis afternoon and we ended the evening with a very spirited game of bridge as everyone except Joan plays. Needed a couple of extra shots of single malt after Henry doubled me. Of course, I redoubled and we were vulnerable, going down four or five, I think. Fortunately we were only playing for a hundred dollars a point!

Hi Patrick The 24th is my pick up day for Hazel and as I am leaving for my river cruise on the 26th, I will probably spend the evening with the family. Thanks for including me though. Your room here is free if needed. Cheers Elaine

Matthew McConaughey’s lat­est role: bour­bon blender (The Globe and Mail (BC Edition)), Sep 22, 2018 Everyone is getting into the act!! Slainte/colin:

Matthew McConaughey’s lat­est role: bour­bon blender PHILLIP FARAONE/GETTY IM­AGES The Globe and Mail (BC Edition) Hello Clan Sanders!

Thanks for sending along article on McConaughey's venture. As an actor, I like him very much, [Thought True Detective with Woody Harrelson was terrific.], so am curious to taste his bourbon. Wasn't all that impressed with George Clooney's Casamigos Blanco when I tasted some last year but I understand they also produce an Añejo so I'd like to find some. Trust all goes well with you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick: I write this from HOME. Yes, they discharged me yesterday and I am so happy to be home after 26 days on the inside. I have almost completely missed September and won’t be very mobile for 4to 6weeks more. I somehow need to get stronger as my body is now like a bowl of pudding.

I’m glad to hear your hernia surgery went well. I had sentinel lymph node surgery two weeks before my big surgery and they say it is very similar to hernia. I hope your recovery is swift. I am impressed that you were reading on the recovery room. I couldn’t read for about 3 days, but I had both general and epidural, in the case of the big surgery.

I was absolutely delighted to drive through Stanley Park on the way home yesterday. It was a perfect fall day and it’s beauty seemed miraculous to me after all those days in hospital. It is true luxury to be home and to sleep in my own bed. All the best to you and give my love to Corinne. My recovery from here will be slow but doable. Say hi to Paul and Joan. Love Julia


Hi Patrick, Just arrived in Toronto on our four-legged journey. Next to Heathrow then Lisbon. Watch the mesh-belly. I hope they used a good strong geotextile.
Cheers, Peter
Hello Patrick and Corinne, It seems that life is good as always in Penticton! We know that we left Paradise. However, we have found another Paradise. So far we have enjoyed beer and wine but tonight we plan to enjoy the ouzo. No retsina for us! Best wishes to all as we head into town for another wonderful cappuccino ( it is still morning here ). Marian and Tim






No comments:

Post a Comment