Wednesday 19 September 2018

Put the Stuffing Back Where It Belongs Blues: Wednesday, September 19th!

I think everybody who has a brain should get involved in politics. Working within. Not criticizing it from the outside. Become an active participant, no matter how feeble you think the effort is. -Cass Elliot, singer (19 Sep 1941-1974)



Up at 6:30 am when I heard the local news. I'd put on the java, (readied the night before), as I was "allowed" to drink clear liquids up to four hours before my scheduled surgery, (10:50 am), this morning. Had a quick mug while making the bed. Lady Dar was on the couch. I had not heard her leave but assume she went into the Rumpus Room to read after she let El Diablo out at 4:30 am. Anyway, both she and Ragin Bull are still sleeping so as soon as I finish a few messages I'll call BCAA. When we went to leave for diner last night The MarriageMobile wouldn't start. Branymir thinks it might be a dead battery but I suspect it is, form the sound of things, [Earlier in the week I'd noticed a bit of a delay when I turned on the key. I'm certainly no mechanic but I suspect the worst!], the alternator. Anyway, will need to have cat towed to Huber if it is the latter.

Hello my wordy friend! Just wanted to let you know that I started reading your email several weeks ago even though I could see it rolled out like the beginning of a Star wars movie into infinity!. I made some progress but knew I had to revisit again at some point. Given it was a couple weeks and I felt bad for not having responded as is usually the case I decided to phone but got the machine which obviously is malfunctioning because it has been a long time with no reply!.

I decided to get up at 4 a.m and continue reading your missive and got to the point of Julian leaving for Kelowna but alas must get back to my day job again. Certainly does sound like a whirlwind of activity going on but hope to catch up soon. The kitchen reno pics look fantastic and I enjoyed the Ayn visit pictures on facebook as well. Take care for now and we’ll talk soon…hopefully!. Cheers, Al


Hello Voice Mail Man! We did have some trouble with our phone line, probably around the time you called. I must admit I re-plugged line into wrong spot when I was reorganizing my office. However, I believe Lady Dar mentioned a message from you so I do apologize for not calling. As always, no excuses but plenty of reasons. I'm scheduled to see my dermatologist on October 24th so perhaps we can arrange to see each other. Not sure if Lady Dar will be along but should know when next we chat. Trust all goes well. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick Having a great time. Managed to hit 6 wineries today: Jensch, Liquidity, Blue Mt., Nobel Ridge, Intersection, Checkmark. Visited Corcellete and NK'mip yesterday. Had lunch at Liquidity. yummy! So we probably won't get to your place until after lunch. I know you have a busy day tomorrow - is that ok? Can you remind us of your home address? Looking forward to seeing you. Luise Hi Six Pack People! Sounds like a wonderful day and all! Popping by after lunch is just fine. We live on Burns Street  See you when you hit town. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hope all went well for pat. Will text before we come in the am. Hello Sandy Beach Hoi Aroistoi! First and foremost, thanks so much for the wonderful, wonderful evening on Tuesday evening. Food and wine were stunning. Terrific to meet Rosie and Allan as well. Will continue my "interrogation" of Philadelpoids when you pop by to see Lady Dar's new kitchen!

Thank you for you best wishes on my operation. Must say everything went extremely well other than the fact that it took much longer for anaesthetic to wear off than had been anticipated. As well didn't go into OR until about noon as opposed to 10:50 am as originally scheduled. I chose a spinal and entire procedure was over about 4:00 pm. I spent two hours in recovery and felt fine as soon as I woke up, although still a tad drowsy. I was moved to post-op ward at 5:00 pm but my legs were still "frozen" by 6:00 pm so I had to be returned to recovery as former ward closed at that time. Didn't really mind as I had my book, Matt Haig's The Humans, [Our Book Club discusses it tomorrow night, at our place.], and my reading glasses along so I was able to do a fair bit of reading while I waited to "thaw out".

Needed a catheter but all went well so I was ready and dressed by just before 8:00 pm when Lady Dar/Branko collected me. Back home I enjoyed a lovely plate of Chicken Teriyaki from Sushi Heaven, part of take-out that Lady Dar had picked up for their dinner earlier. While my incisions felt a bit sore, nothing that required any pain-killers so I was pleased about that. After my tasty meal, (I was quite hungry as I'd not eaten since your fabulous fare the night before.), we repaired to the Rumpus Room to watch two more episodes of Silent Witness: Protection, I & II. I didn't realize that there were so many episodes. We are on Series 18 with all the earlier to see and I understand Series 22 is scheduled to return in 2109! Anyway, look forward to seeing you four whenever it suits. Thanks again. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Sandy Beach Bash

Hi! Pattrizzio, happy to hear that all went well with your surgery & recovery. Mandarin Oranges are a symbol of good health & hope you are back up hiking & biking again soon. How do you like my new look with 'no glasses'. It does feel weird & I am still adjusting to distance & reading glasses to get the right focus on things. Very happy that my pres. glasses are not as strong & I can go thru most of the day without glasses. Take care & don't bend or lift heavy things for awhile. You will be getting lots of TLC from Lady Dar. New seeing eyes, Every-Ready Bunny, Mary Lee 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment