Saturday 22 September 2018

Sharktooth Annie's 105th Birthday Blues: Saturday, September 22nd!






Lady Dar was off to the Farmers' Market this morning, soliciting signatures for banning plastic bags in Penticton. Before she left Kid Chelene dropped by to return a knapsack he had borrowed and he offered to move the large tiles on the boulevard to the side of the house so that was most helpful. [Friend and neighbour, Terry, across road changed the landscaping in his front yard so we snagged all the tiles he was going to have hauled away on Tuesday. Lady Dar will use smaller ones for walkways, set into grass, on boulevard.] I'll rearrange them once I'm able. Avery and Ashlynn simply loved the raisins that Linda's grapes had turned into so I gave them a bag, along with a couple of bags of apple rings.

Plan to have Lady Dar help me move my Trek and Allu-Trainer under the louvres when she is back as with the start of the rainy season I'll be nice and dry there. Am hoping that I'll be able to start riding the stationary bike in a couple of weeks and once I feel comfortable, on the road again, weather allowing.
 
Hi Pat, Good to hear from you. I can see there is never a dull moment in your life! It looks like I would be available for bridge on October 24th. If you need a place for it, I’d be very happy to host it. Hugs, Janet Hi The Penguin and Fast Eddy, not to mention Whirlygig! Ragin' Bull made it home safely, yesterday, especially under the circumstances, (rain, fog), he encountered on The Connector. It was very dark when he left our place at 9:30 am and I wondered what he might meet heading over The Coquihalla. 

Thank you for offering to host on the 24th, Road Runner Woman! Much appreciated. I will be in touch again once I have heard back from all the players. It crossed my mind that perhaps Elaine Keating and O Susannah might want to play so I thought I'd ask them and see if Clan Carter is interested as well. Even Far-Flung Whirlygig might be enticed to make a journey to The Big Smoke, to assure us he is still alive and well in his Hermitage, so there might be a possibility of having two tables! If this transpires, could you host two tables at your place, Janet? If not, I'm sure we can find another if needed. Anyway, I'll be in touch as soon as I know more.


Had a pleasant visit with Chloë and her friend, Gaelen, visiting for the weekend. They popped in to say hello after Farmers' Market and then were off to see a movie. L/D/H/J arrived at just after 6:00 pm and we spent a wonderful, fun-filled evening. Enjoyed Lady Dar's ever so tasty Coq au Vin with plenty of local hootch, Upper Bench cheese for appetizers, so pretty happy campers. Off to a malt tasting at 3:30 pm this afternoon so we'll see how Dame Judith is doing with her broken ankle! After our Open House, last Saturday, while walking home, she managed to twist her foot, falling on top of her husband Kevin, (President of SOWTS), and breaking her ankle! Fortunately not on our property as we cannot even afford to pay for kitchen renovation let alone a multi-million dollar lawsuit!!

We are invited for dinner at Michelle Dunn's place on Monday and Joan and Paul Whitney, together with his Irish cousins, arrive on Tuesday for two nights so, with other social engagements we will not be able to play bridge this coming week. At any rate, let me know what you think of bridge plans outlined above and we'll plan accordingly. Fondestos from Lady Dar to one and all. Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pics: Book Club. Relaxing in Rumpus Room, waiting for the post-op servant fetched more drinks! More free labour and Raisin Thieves! Lady Dar with Heather; Dave; John; Etta and Duke back on our bed day kitchen renovations were complete!

Hi, I have enough chairs for 2 tables, but only one table. So if someone has a card table, I could squeeze another into my living room or probably better would be to set it up in my second bedroom, which would have enough room for the table for sure. So yes, I could do it…see what transpires and let me know.
Hugs, Janet


Hi fellow no trumpers, I am a maybe for the 24th as I might be playing Doubles League..it starts on October 3rd and it will depend on what happens in the first 2 weeks. I will gladly take the night off if possible. Ed 

Sorry I missed your party Just returning home from Italy Hi Gil! We missed you but trust your time in Italy was loads of fun. I'm sure it was. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio! Sorry I missed your bash Yes Italy was incredible

I look forward to seeing you for PIE in a couple weeks😊 Thank you Hi Pumpkin Man! We've always really enjoyed our times in Italy. With respect to pie, we'll be there. Chloë is off to Winnipeg for Thanksgiving but we'll be having a crowd so we'll "steal" her pie! Cheers, Freeloader Patrizzio!

Hello Patrick Thank you so much for opening your home to the book club. As usual I enjoyed the company immensely. As suggested I bought the series tickets to the KS films. I hope I may join you guys for the next 4:00 viewing. I will have to cut the OF hike short or miss it on that day in order to attend the film. I think it will be well worth it! Take care Lou Hi Luigi! Thank you for the lovely cheese! Great that you now have tickets for the Kitchen Sink! [I like to call it that!] We have always enjoyed each screening. You are always welcome to join us and we can save a seat if you might be a little late arriving. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment