Friday 14 September 2018

Tasting on The Bench Blues: Friday, September 14th!

I want to walk through life instead of being dragged through it. -Alanis Morissette, musician (b. 1 June 1974)
 

Hi Pat, How are you doing these days? George mentioned that you ran into a bit of trouble on your travels in Europe. I hope you have recovered and are back to your healthy self. We had a pretty good trip, stayed in France despite a train and airline strike. Stayed mainly on the French Rivera, Villefranche  and walked into Nice and Saint Jean Cap Ferrat. Also we went to Paris for a couple of days then Lyon and Arles. Ed 

Lisa's Lad!
Hello Fast Eddy, The Penguin, et al! Thanks for best wishes, Fast Eddy. I had to deal with the French train strikes, as well, since my bike was with friends who live about two hours south of Lyon. Still, until my two falls, (walking, Oscwiem/Auschwitz and Krakow), and week in hospital, in Berlin, recovering from pneumonia, I had a truly wonderful cycling trip, two weeks in Czech Republic and then Poland, with Matt Garrey in the latter group. I'm scheduled to see my dermatologist on October 24th so perhaps we can arrange to have a bridge night that evening. Let me know what you think and I'll plan accordingly.  Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!

We had had a grand day today, tasting on The Bench and then The Millionaires took us for a fabulous lunch at Legend Distillery. Ragin' arrived Friday afternoon for our Open House and we invited Judy Blue for dinner so that the four of us could play bridge while Lurchesca and Lady Dar visited. Loads of fun and Grogg played for Judy so she enjoyed that as well since she didn't have many good cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment