Friday 21 September 2018

Front Street Brasserie Blues: Friday, September 21st!

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -Leonard Cohen, musician and writer (21 Sep 1934-2016)


Sorry about not making to your place yesterday! But we will drop by probably after lunch. Any recommendations for lunch in Penticton and dinner more towards Naramata? Unfortunately Terravista is closed for the season and Bella is too bc all sold out!! 😔 See you soon Luise Hi Black Widow People! Don't worry about yesterday at all. Your holiday and you need to spend your time without worrying about artificial deadlines. We'll be having lunch at The Front Street Brasserie today so will probably be home around 2:00 pm. It's a great place so you might want to check it out and we can visit as it is a tiny spot. 

There is a decent sushi restaurant, Isshin, across and down the same street, towards the Art Gallery. We've never been but have heard very good things about Smuggler's Smokehouse, a bbq restaurant and then there is Time Winery which serves great appetizers and sandwiches. Another reasonably new place and we had a fabulous lunch there a few weeks ago. Bad Tattoo, brewery, makes terrific pizza and The Vanilla Pod at Poplar Grove is a great restaurant with marvellous view. Upper Bench makes wonderful Neapolitan, thin-crust pizza and their wine and cheese are delish! I think they will be open for pizza today although with the rainy weather it might not be the coziest place today. Play Winery, near airport has an interesting menu and we had a tasty birthday dinner there earlier this month. Fab view of Skaha as well.

For dinner, you might take a look at Legend Distillery. We had a marvellous lunch there last Friday. I think they are open for dinner and are reasonably close to you as they are just before Robinson. The Heritage Inn in Naramata Village itself is also a place where we've enjoyed quite a few meals. There is also a pizza place in the village and a pub so depending on what you want you might take a look. Order take-out and eat and drink some of the wine you have picked up at the cottage and not worry about corkage! Lady Dar is the expert on local eateries and restaurants so you need to chat with her about more dinner suggestions. See you soon, either at 611 Burns or the FSB. My vote is for FSB as it is probably our favourite restaurant. John and Lisa are lovely people. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks! great suggestions! Now we have a bit of a problem bc we have an appt to do a winery tour at Black Widow at 2 pm! So are you free after say 3 pm today? Have a great lunch Luise

Home Safe, ...… but too late for a dog walk. The 97c was horrid. Fog, rain, drivers who don’t turn on their lights, so you don’t see them until you are up their tail pipe. Again, thanks for your hospitality, company, single malt cabinet (which I wil contribute to next trip, for fear of banishment!) and the tank of gas! Forgot to pick up some scape salt, but good you got your op done. Well Xmas open house awaits!


ANYWAY, here is the hot sauce I was talking about.  It is actually a “paste", “Senbal Oelek”.  My famous guacamole recipe follows: - avacados - lime juice

- coriander (powdered) - hot stuff mentioned above- Pentictonial Scape salt

All ingredients ”to taste” - I don’t measure!  Just be careful with the hot stuff!!! Hi Ragin'! Glad you made it home safely, especially under circumstances you encountered. You will see how dark it was when you left and I wondered what you might meet heading over The Connector. Anyway, thank you for all your help and for the recipe for guacamole. Much appreciated. Had a wonderful lunch at The Front Street Brasserie today, with Lynne, Debbie and Ted Benson, all three same class at Library School as Lady Dar. Food was terrific and Lynne treated us all so I chose the most expensive red wine! Once back at Burns I started loading the dehydrator with the grapes that good friend Linda Ervin had brought over earlier in morning. 

Friends, Luise and Dave, and their friends, Heather and John, popped by around 3:30 pm and we enjoyed a pleasant visit. They will come for dinner Saturday evening, around 6:00 pm. After they left I finished the grapes and feeling a bit tired then I had a nap. Lady Dar was off to a World Peace service at her church, Oasis, around 6:00 pm so I made a salad for dinner, to share upon her return. Quiet evening watching one more episode of Silent Witness. Don't seem to have recorded the second part so not sure if we'll ever discover the actual murderer of this segment!  

With respect to bridge, The Penguin is available on Wednesday, October 24th, and has offered to host. I'll be in touch with Fast Eddy. Do you want to ask The Snozz if we need him or should I approach Sarge?  Let me know what you think and I'll plan accordingly. Must away as I want to have a bite of brunch, (Did the cob of corn you brought  in the microwave), and then must vacuum. Lady Dar pulled out hose, [Hard on my sutures to do so but I can lean on wand while vacuuming.], before she left and presented me with a long, long list of other chores, to ready the house for this evening's guests! Rained quite steadily all night but is bright and sunny now. Take care of yourself, Ragin'. Again, thanks again for all your hard work and omellettos, it goes without saying. Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio! Pics: Clan Carter; Front Street Brasserie! Proof that Lady Dar closes her eyes for most snapolas! Arrivederci!
The Lords Appellant throw down their gages/gauntlets in front of Richard II
Illustration: James William Edmund Doyle in A Chronicle of England, BC 55 - AD 1485, Part 1485
Patrick and Corinne, Thank you for dinner last night It was delicious and just the way I like to eat. It was very thoughtful of you to include me. Thank you also for hosting book club and for the loan of “Humans”. You two are great hosts:) Happy Friday! Pamela Patrick, The Argonauts are on a western swing and we are planning to go to their games in Calgary and Vancouver over the next two weeks and do some visiting with friends and family as well. I will be out of town from Sept 25 to Oct 11. Play on without me and I will rejoin upon my return.
Pamela 
Hi Pamela! Thanks for you kind words. It was great that you could join us. You are always welcome. Will miss you over next few weeks but it is wonderful for you to be able to see your son play and visit with friends at the same time. I'll keep you posted as various dates are concretized so you can plan as your schedule allows. Travel safely. Fondestos from Lady Dar, finishing off the delish choc you brought along! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: May Lee popped around this past Tuesday to bring me 8 Mandarin oranges, good luck for my surgery the next day!

So Marlo aside from a cold is doing good. Has climbed stairs at home to shower last week & this week. First time since beginning of May that she had the strength to do the stairs. Previously had go over to Len/Bernice’s to use shower in their ranch style home. CIBC Run for the Cure passed $26000 for a new record for Team Marlo / Manitoba Run for the Cure. Chemo resumes next week if she is over the cold. For now Barb is in the city during the week and I am at the lake with Mom. I bring Barb to the Lake on the weekend. George 

Hey All Just following up on this info. Please send it off so I can get everything together before closing. Chat soon, Zamir, thank you for following up and for your past work for us. We have gone with the Royal Bank for the mortgage and it has already closed. All the best, Corinne Durston Hello Zamir, I’m so sorry I had meant to email you. My parents went to royal bank to inquire about a mortgage on my behalf and we decided to go through them as they were in Penticton. It has all been done and I’m in my place already. Thank you for all the time you spent helping us prep. I should have been in touch and I am sorry that I failed to make contact. Thank you, Chloë This is very upsetting. I worked so very hard for you guys and it was an extremely arduous file. I went above and beyond for my hard work and time. I even had to pay for credit bureau inquiries and spent hours with you when I could be working with other loyal clients. This also affects my ratios with my lenders as I have even wasted my underwriters time. I am completely self-employed so my livelihood depends on closing of files that I work on. Upsetting.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment