Wednesday 24 October 2018

FCCC Elliptizer Blues: Wednesday, October 24th!

You have to hold your audience in writing to the very end -- much more than in talking, when people have to be polite and listen to you. -Brenda Ueland, writer (24 Oct 1891-1985)


Not up until 8:00 am when Sarge cooked me a delish plate of bacon and sunnysides. He left for work shortly thereafter and so I made my way to FCCC to use the elliptizer for 70 minutes, logging just 0ver 1,000 calorifics. Back to HT for a quick shower and change and then zipped to have a java and lovely lemon cake slices with Dangereuse and Wild Guillermo. Great chat for over an hour, [Their youngest, Julie, went to Lord Byng with Michelle Kunimoto, daughter of my dermo, Brian!], and then I beetled home to park the car so that I could walk up to VGH where I had my appointment.


Simply glorious day, kicking leaves like a kid as I made my way up to Broadway and Oak. All went well with Brian who zapped a few spots on he top of my head, left side of my face, top of left ear, left, lower nostril. and a few spots on my right hand. Bit of dizzying pain after he did my head as the liquid nitrogen packs quite a punch, especially when concentrated over my head and face. A few minutes later pretty acute stinging sensation dissipated and I was fine. Will see him in a year for another annual check-up unless I am able to be accepted as a patient of dermo in Kelowna. He suggested I put paper work in place as he is all in favour of saving the environment and not having to have me drive into Vancouver to see him. Thanked him and we wished each other safe cycling, [He cycled around PEI this summer, for a week, and had a a marvellous time.], and I strolle dback to HT, noting Vancouver's changing skyline, one building with a colourful mural and another, still under construction, with top third larger than bottom floors!
 

Back at the suite I folded laundry I'd put in washer/dryer after my workout and then headed to Legacy to look for hootch. Found the Scallywag I was looking for ever since Kevinator gave me a taste a week or so ago. A Speyside Blended, (Mortlach, Macallan and Glenrothes), 46%, as well as another of Douglas Laing's offerings, Timorous Beastie, 46.8%,
 
Thanks to all for a lovely evening -- wonderful food and stellar bridge playing. Special thank to Branko for hosting us. Looking forward to doing this again when ever we can. Cheers and Hugs, Susan P Yes, thanks for the fun evening Branko. Thx for planning it again Pat. Great to see you Susan. Hugs Janet Hello Branko's Bidders! Let me echo The Sisterhood's thoughts on the wonderful evening. It was terrific to see everyone, including Lorenzo. Must say the meal was delish, from lamb and garlic mashed to salad and then dessert. I do hope we can do it again in the not too, too distant future. Until next our paths cross, stay well. Fondestos from Lady Dar and Rosita to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge and more!

Hey Susan, Well !!!!! There is always a fly in the ointment! First of all, my friend Lars, had called me to get together, so I invited him to join us for dinner - as you may have noticed, he is useless at Bridge. Then, he shows up with food. I had told him distinctly I was making dinner, but he insisted I told him it was a “pot luck” so in addition to being in my way as I was trying to get the lamb sliced up, I will be eating leftovers for 4 weeks instead of 2. SORRY, I got a bit grouchy. Then of course, there was Pat, insisting on playing a few hands while I was in the kitchen, calling on me to bid Lars’ hand - what’s the point? Oh, then Lars playing loud rock music and constantly asking me if the turntable was grounded while we were trying to focus on bidding … Auuuuaaarrrgh!!!

Other than that, it was fun! Thank you all for attending. We’ll do it again. Susan, you were totally right, I should have played the Jack of Spades … but I was so depressed by my 2 point hand, and the ungrounded turntable that I totally lost the significance of your opening bid. Still losing sleep over that. Pat, I may have been the low score, but I only play for fun eh??? I will get my revenge at your Xmas party. Branko


Just put in a counter offer! Fingers crossed and a little prayer wouldn’t hurt! It’s me and two other bidders, 10 dropped out $425,500k best and final!
https://www.homebay.com/property/16715-Vanowen-St-D-91406
Praying 🙏��🙏��🙏��🙏��❤️ Thank you sissy, the older neighbors I met in the building have been campaigning on my behalf…so sweet of them! Good luck! Sending up prayers for you Hugs Mom Thanks Mom See you in 3 weeks xoxo
 
Hello Patrick & Corinne! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving and I bet you are getting ready for a spooktackular Halloween next week!! This month has been busy with various activities and I am looking forward to a break after this weekend :) At least I hope I get one!! I hope you have enjoyed the beautiful October weather. It has been so nice after the cool September and snowy start we had. Talk to you soon :) xoxo Ariane  

Hi everybody, the party is on, here we go: This Friday, Oct. 26, 3815 Forsyth Drive (the end of the FD on Husula Highlands) Official start 10:00 am Some people will start arriving sooner (not a bad idea) If you have a truck with a canopy, or open deck and a tarp, or a trailer with a tarp, please bring it, we will be hauling away a few loads of raked leaves and needles Summerlanders can car pool, IGA, 9:30. I will go directly to Jim's place a bit earlier, so do not wait for me
 
Most of the work will be RAKING. Leaves, but mostly needles. Bring a grass rake, if you have one. There will be some spare ones VERY GENTLE RAKING, not to damage the fragile ground cover of moss and bunch grass We can employ a dozen rakers, perhaps more Some people will wheel the debris and load it on the trucks There are 2 dead trees which need to be felled and removed We will need a couple of good, working chain saws, or at least one, a couple of axes, a long rope and lots of muscle Jim is home alone and will be around to direct us He offered to provide lunch, but I hesitate to burden him to that extent. Let's settle for a cup of coffee and we will bring our own lunches Depending on the size of the crew, we could be finished in 2-3 hrs Those who have to, can leave earlier Rain or shine, the party is on. If I have forgotten something vital, you know where I am All you good people, THANK YOU in advance! Al 
What was the name of the other book we decided to read Trans something Pat, Many thanks for the lovely Gala apples. Sylvia and I eat a lot of apples, so they are very much appreciated.
I have an extra Christmas cake here if you would like to take it back to Penticton with you. If you get this, give me a call if you have time. Ray
I’m forever amazed at how much musical talent Canada produces. This video was filmed at the College Park 2 Retirement Residence in Regina so of course I sent it along to Tiernan.
 
<https://youtu.be/1NJyxUN_mM8> Hi Filmer! Just realized that I'd not responded to this message! Thanks for sending along the link. I couldn't agree more about the country's musical talent. We saw Serena perform in July, here in Penticton, and it was a fabulous show. Had not heard Ice Age before and felt it was one of her best numbers! Also saw her at the Vancouver Folk Fest a year or so ago and she was more than wonderful. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Photo: Susan Ford Collins
 

No comments:

Post a Comment