Monday 22 October 2018

Gala Gala Dehydrator Blues: Monday, October 22nd!


All one's life as a young woman one is on show, a focus of attention, people notice you. You set yourself up to be noticed and admired. And then, not expecting it, you become middle-aged and anonymous. No one notices you. You achieve a wonderful freedom. It's a positive thing. You can move about unnoticed and invisible. -Doris Lessing, novelist, poet, playwright, Nobel laureate (22 Oct 1919-2013)
 


Hi Patrice, Sounds like we might be better to just meet in Guyabitos and catch some grandes!...seeing as you don’t have time for us at home in B.C. Seriously though, although a bit miffed you don’t have time for us I am very happy that you have found such a great niche and made lot’s of new connections up there. Of course your new upgraded status to freeload capital of the interior doesn’t help with your busy social schedule!.


Although I have been busy with the Lost in Space show It has been a very cool project and I have had significant freedom to move around and take care of some personal stuff while at work. The weather of course has been amazing for all of the close to 6 weeks I have been out in Delta at the Wellbrook winery property building our space ship. The scenes involve the spaceship landing on a water covered planet and when the crew find they are dead in the water they rig up some sails on the ship to sail across the ocean. My task for the most part was to design and have built the mast / sail sections and all the infrastructure to make them have the ability to move and disassemble and reassemble in an efficient manner to facilitate the fast moving camera setups and different angles etc.

Sorry to do it again but I am just going to give you a link to my drop box folder I just finished adding all the stuff to as I don’t have time this morning to go through and pick out and describe the individual pics. With the background I gave you but you should be able to figure out what’s on. 


https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b124vguhcud39bm/AAAgvhTxFOcfoCkBNxlzqIPea?dl=0

Had a very nice weekend celebrating our friends mark and Lauras wedding anniversary at the hart house at Deer lake. Although I drank a bit too much and was a bit rough on Sunday morning it was a fantastic time with lot’s of great food, dancing and stories from their very interesting families, Lauras having escaped war torn Syria in the late 80’s. Must get ready for work and head out but will catch up soon. Love to all ! Cheers, Al

Ciao Patrizzio ! It was a pleasure to have your visit with Corinne. Thanks for the photos. After you left I realized that among the copies of my book, which I gave you was one copy of the French translation, in fact the only copy of it that I have. I hope there will be an opportunity before December 6 to exchange it for an English copy: perhaps on November 1, at the Summerland Museum? I hope you are as pleased as we are with the results of the municipal elections in our two cities. Warmest regards to you and Lady Dar, Rene’ Hi RenΓ©! Pleased you enjoyed the photos! Yes, we are quite pleased with results of the various municipal elections, particularly in Vancouver! I took the liberty of asking Jos to deliver the French translation as she was over for bridge this evening. She said she would drop if off tomorrow. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3109498163#.W88h3F0YHkQ.email

Thanks for your warm hospitality at bridge last nite! Enjoyed getting to know your mom And the walnuts, raisins and fizzy lime!! Judy Xo I think I said I’d bring dessert.  It may be the same as the last one I brought!! PS  If you can, please use my telus email and not the me.com one.  cheers. See you on the 24th. Janet

good morning all, we will not be joining you this morning, Doug has a sore leg, and I am trying to catch up on some house stuff!  have a good ride, see you next week, Hanneke Here’s the reason we moved back to Montreal. Callie on thanksgiving day! Soooo sweet! πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ‘Ά. Xo b OMG! Great reason to move to Montreal even though we do miss you here! πŸ’•πŸ€— Bev Hi Barb and John! Thank you for sharing this picture....she is unbelievably beautiful....those eyes! Just wow! Big hug....Erica πŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment