Friday 5 October 2018

Lady Dar and the High Stakes Mahjong Blues: Friday, October 5th!

Even a purely moral act that has no hope of any immediate and visible political effect can gradually and indirectly, over time, gain in political significance. -Vaclav Havel, writer, Czech Republic president (5 Oct 1936-2011) 


Patrizzio, I agree, let’s go with the foursome. That’s on the 24th, right? That’s a weekda, for people with day jobs. Branko Hi Ragin'! I'm happy to stick with four players so I'll contact O Susannah and The Penguin and we'll congregate at your place, say between 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm. With respect to menu, how would you like to proceed? I'd vote for your garlic mashed. Depending on what you'd like for a main, which I'm happy to provide as I can stop at Costco in Abbotsford on way to Vancouver, I can ask The Sisterhood what is easiest for them, salad, dessert, appetizers, etc. Let me know your thoughts and we can plan accordingly.

[Christina Tassell Our magnificent Wisteria in full bloom. The flowers are hanging 45 cm and the perfume is overpowering] Lady Dar was off to PGH this morning for her shift on Info Desk. I must away as I've been charged with readying house for her Mahjong game this afternoon. She'll host two tables while I'm banished to back patio to ride in the cold and wet while The Sisterhood sips wine and play in front of a cosy fire! Life of a scullion, indeed. Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pics: Find the Camouflage Cat! El Diablo sniffing the Thanksgiving flowers and Lady Dar's latest arrangement, from back patio. Hi O Susannah and The Penguin! It has been decided that we'll congregate at Ragin's place on the 24th. With respect to menu, Ragin' and I will provide the main course, [Patrizzio, I have a leg of lamb resting comfortably in my freezer, very anxious to be warmed up. I will also take care of the garlic mashed, with a touch of scape salt! Not to mention my famous mushroom soup! That just leaves some light appies & dessert. cheers//bj Brank Hi again, Ragin'! Great! I'll concentrate on hootch and mint sauce! Cheers, Il Conduttore!], so just wondering what would be easiest for you two: salad, dessert, appetizer? Let me know your thoughts and we can plan accordingly. Cheers,Patrizzio!

Hi Bridge Partners! I can bring a kale salad and bottle of red… how many are dining? Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers & Hugs S Great. I’ll Bring a dessert then. Looking forward to seeing you both soon. Ps. I forgot my telus webmail password and so can reply to your email Pat. Hope u get this one. Hi Bridge Partners, Indeed! Terrific contributions. Thanks. I'll take care of appetizers so we are all set. Looking forward to catching up and seeing everyone. Cheers, Patrizzio!


[Peterson Creek Multi-Use Pathway, Kamloops. Brenda McMorland Good for biker, Patrick Patrick James Dunn Look forward to riding it when next in Kamloops! Just finished an hour on my stationary bike. Etta and Duke are my two cycling coaches! Cheers!
Brenda McMorland A cozy spot! Patrick James Dunn Come and visit!]
Dear Patrick, Thank you for more updates on your health. If it is not psychology it is health that I continue to read about to ensure my mind and my body is healthy. So I will share with you what I have learned.

You had mentioned that your father was an alcoholic as was John’s. It is difficult to change a long time habit but John has finally started to see that there is some good in what I preach for it shows up in my good health. He finally has lowered his consumption of alcohol to weekends and I certainly harp if it is more than one glass and continually shove greens down his throat to ensure he is getting his potassium. He has finally gotten into the grove because high potassium makes you feel good. It makes him happy. There is good in being obsessive compulsive, A type, driven, focused, determined you and I are both like that but also can get consumed with our addictions which is not good.

In 2016 I came down with five months of walking pneumonia. Emotional stress weakens the immune system and causes the adrenals to break down making us susceptible to all kinds of illnesses. When I had pain in my back, right shoulder and down my right arm I thought it was a heart attack. After many tests no one could tell me what was causing all my illnesses. So began my research and discovered it was adrenal fatigue. The pain in my shoulder and back could have been a gall bladder attack but I am not sure.

Patrick overtraining is a stressor putting stress on the body the same as emotional stress. It triggers cortisol. When you train all the time your adrenals become fatigued that sends you into a hormonal spiral. Elevated cortisol levels start to break down muscle and tissue. Starts breaking down protein and sugar. When your body is exhausted it comes to a screeching halt. Exhaustion shows up in the continual inflammation that you have accumulated over the years. Hip replacement is caused by inflammation caused by adrenal fatigue as is your shoulder as in your hernias.

Google again: “You Tube Dr Berg Cortisol Resistance and Insulin Resistance” In Cortisol Resistance Whether you have High Cortisol or Low Cortisol deficiency they are about the same and shows up in inflammation – Arthritis and lots immune problems will follow In Insulin Resistance the symptoms are similar to Cortisol Resistance – Inflammation/Arthritis, sweet cravings/alcohol High Cortisol will turn your body protein into glucose making it Insulin Resistance which will lead to Diabetes.

Solution: Avoid Stress from Exercise avoid Sugars. High Potassium Diet. Do long walks, John & I walk every day; it is the best exercise without putting stress on the body. You are healing. You have to learn to keep your mind calm, your body calm. I know I am not as driven now and I love the slower pace. I know by resting it slowly gets rid of accumulated stress in the adrenals. Every time you have an operation your body is depleted of Potassium. Google: “YouTube Dr. Berg Top Symptoms of Potassium Deficiency” Symptoms: High Cortisol, Sugar Cravings/Alcohol, Constipation, Muscle Weakness, etc.

Please do not over train right now your body your Adrenals are exhausted and if you stress yourself out other symptoms will follow. You must begin to look at the root cause of your illnesses. With Adrenal Fatigue this will not show up in blood tests and your doctor will only be interested in you when you show signs of Addison Disease of the Adrenals. Maybe see a Natural path for guidance. I had mentioned Apple Cider Vinegar this is very important to take because when your Adrenals are stressed this changes the PH balance in your gut making you very Alkaline and susceptible to disease. You want to be both Alkaline/Acid. Please read up on Adrenals there are plenty of sites on line to guide you this way you will be in charge of your body of your health.

Okay you will not want to hear this but it is important because you have to look at Root Cause of illness whether it is emotional or physical. So google “You Tube -How to Deal with Alcohol Cravings. Talk sober” Here is what the fella says: “You will learn that alcohol is a “Solution” to everything in your life. What you have to do is “Replace” the alcohol with something better” “Drinking is the “Obsession” of your mind that goes over and over and over driving you to compulsion. So what do you do with cravings”? “First Baby Steps and only today. You will agree not to drink no matter what happens even if your ass falls off”.“Okay you find that -What You Do Changes What You Think. This starts a new reinforcement. You start to replace the “Solution” with other things. Overtime this works. It is reinforcing and changes what you think”.

Okay it is time for me to say good bye. Happy Thanksgiving my dear to you and Corinne. Remember to take long walks and see and smell the beauty all around you. It is intoxicating! Love, Jean & John
[Reading these has become my new favorite pastime. I am going to try the Apple cider vinegar and I am also going to try not think about poor John having to live with Nurse Jean Lol]

Hi Dottore Gianna! Thanks again for all your concern. I'm hoping you will be pleased that I use Apple Cider Vinegar in the salad dressing I make with olive oil, diced, fresh garlic, (home-grown, no less!), and Keen's Mustard. We have slads most night's although tonight, with Lady Dar's fabulous, gluten-free, thin-crust pizza, we won't as she puts loads of vegetables on top. Furthermore, I certainly do not feel a "craving" for alcohol. Don't worry, I'm certainly not over-training. Earlier, I spent an hour on stationary bike but such exercise is really not particularly taxing, given low resistance. Enjoy reading while I pedal and am reading Stuart Turton's The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, next selection for our book club. 

Tomorrow, we are off to Orofino Winery, in Keremeos to collect our Fall release. Will start off with an hour tour of their vineyards, sampling wine, in the fields, made from varietals we are walking through. Will be first time, since we moved to Penticton, that I've not ridden there for this semi-annual event. Haven't been able to log enough time on my road bike to feel fit enough to make 60 km ride and enjoy it. 

Lady Dar was off to PGH this morning for her shift on Info Desk. I was charged with readying house for her Mahjong game this afternoon, vacuuming and setting up tables. She hosted while I was banished to back patio to ride in the cold and wet while The Sisterhood sipped wine, nibbled appetizers and played in front of a cosy fire! Life of a scullion, indeed. Fondestos from her, now in Rumpus Room after gang left, watching The Young and The Useless! Best wishes to Captain John. Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pics: Mahjong players! Stationary bike and my cycling coaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment