Friday 26 October 2018

Rake Those Pine Needles on Forsyth Drive Blues: Friday, October 26th!

Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate. -Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, and musician (1875-1965)

Fraser Foreshore Park
 Hi Sendero Canyon Folk! Trust your drive went well. Thank you again for your ever generous hopsitality! As I scribe, I'm enjoying a large mug of Flamin's overleft java! Delish!

Josephine Baker And Her Cheetah
 Pleased I used the elliptizer for an hour before packing up. Chicken and vegetables made a super fine breakfast although I've noted a serious absence of things to choose from in your well-managed fridge now that you have become de-nested! I headed out of town, around 10:00 am, stopping at Raymondo's for a fabulous Christmas Cake, a thank-you for the apples I gave to them. We are off to Osoyoos this afternoon, probably around 3:00 pm. Weather permitting, I'm still planning to ride but if I don't cycle, I think I'll take my bike as I might have an opportunity to ride in and around Osoyoos. Fondestos from Lady Dar and Rosita to Clan Sutherland. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge and Keyboard Practice!

THANK YOU !!! To all of you, good people, who came, not-fearing the rain we were supposed to have, put their shoulder to the wheel, worked hard and contributed to the big task of clearing Jim's yard of combustible debris. The job has been done. Seeing the response I got to my invitation, I must confess, I was overwhelmed by what I saw happening: from participation, to hard work, to bringing your trucks and hauling the debris away, multiple trips for some, to having all sorts of tools and equipment, to providing some food and refreshments. (Jim, your hospitality was overly generous, but much appreciated.)

[Christina TassellWhat a beautiful day for the Spring Show at Tea Tree Gully Heritage Museum]

Special thanks to John B. whose skill and a good chain saw brought the 2 big dead trees down. The trees were cut, wood stacked up, branches cleared out of the way - ready for further sorting, cutting and disposal. It all worked like a clockwork. 21 of us. That speaks volumes about our willingness to help, the comradery in our group and about the high esteem in which we all hold our friend Jim. I understand that he will be leaving early next week for Victoria again, to attend to some further treatments. We, collectively, wish him all the best and keep our fingers crossed that the treatments will be successful. The initial Thank You was our collective expression of gratitude. This THANK YOU is my own, to all of you. Al

No comments:

Post a Comment