Thursday 4 October 2018

Winterization of the Back Patio Blues: Thursday, October 4th!

The unrestricted competition so commonly advocated does not leave us the survival of the fittest. The unscrupulous succeed best in accumulating wealth. -Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th US president (4 Oct 1822-1893) 

Image: Kit
Hi again, Dunbarites! Thank you for the lovely Thanksgiving card and note, Jo-Anne! I'm quite envious of you, volunteering at VIFF. I had such a wonderful time the three festivals I worked at and am actually thinking, seriously, of doing so again, perhaps next year, if the stars, so to speak, align! Stay well and travel safely when off to hob nob with Rachel! You can tell us all about visit when we see you, mid-October. Rosita will be here as well. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Miss Etta and El Diablo, practicing for his Halloween Dracula costume! Matthew McConaughey’s Bour­bon: Are you buying a bottle? Colin I'd like to do so but don't think it's available in BC yet. If you can find some in Alberta I'd appreciate a bottle and Duke will reimburse you when you visit! Cheers, Patrizzio! Will do! 

After Lady Dar was back from shopping for many of the fixings for Thanksgiving dinner, we finished some of the tasks involved in "winterizing" back patio, (Took cover off gazebo, stacked chairs and stored chair cushions, put rug up on table to dry well before we roll it up.), I rode the stationary bike for 37 minutes and felt fine, in terms of my nicely healed incisions. This being the case, I will increase my time and resistance over next little while and then back on my road bike, weather permitting.

Tummler, hope this finds you well. All is well at Ukiyo - in harvest mode. Planted garlic today. Let me know when you will get to the big city. I will be in town on Monday the 22nd if you are around. I will be just returning from the Wrightson. Hoping you will find your way to the north island sometime soon. Fond regards to you and Corinne, W&CJ

Hello Long Lost Salish Sea Castaways! I do apologize for not being in touch sooner but my message in a bottle obviously took some time to reach the island recluses! Nevertheless, wonderful to hear from you and know that planting of garlic goes well and that you will be flailing about on the doubles court, reminding all Wrightsonites that you are called Whirlygig for a very, very good reason! Otherwise, trust you are both well and enjoying life. Has been extremely busy for us on all sorts of fronts so hardly a minute to think, let alone take time for a gulp of porch cleaner! Regarding your return from Wrightson, I'm planning to drive to Vancouver on Tuesday, October 23rd as my appointment with dermatologist is next day at 1:45 pm. Any chance you can stay a day or so longer and then we could meet that day/evening for a catch-up? Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Stay well dear friends. Cheers, Tummerl, Il Conduttore, Patrizzio!

Pics: Grogg entertaining us with his new guitar; wine-tasting at Terravista; heading for Chelan; Ragin' in front of some of the shelving we built for ChloĆ«'s garage at Sendero; Mick and Polly with his sister, Rosie and brother-in-law, Allan, visiting from Philadelphia, up for a few days at Sandy Beach Lodge in Naramata, Tuesday evening, night before my surgery; wine-tasting at Painted Rock; bridge with Hank, Una and Paolo; Farewell Dubliners and Dunbarites.

Young Patrick, I never got a reply for my last email.. when your area was in danger of becoming ashes.. Hopefully things are getting back to normal. I am still hanging in and slowly getting ready for Bangkok. My name is at the top of the list for hip replacement. I am having a lot of mobility problems, but was advised against having it done this close to travelling.. I am a little worried about Thailand, but not worried enough to stay home... I have so many tests coming up over the next few weeks, that if I am not good to go, it will be their fault.. not mine. Please let me know how all is going in the wild west... Cheers... Bill
Hello Wild Bill! I do apologize for not being in touch so much sooner. No excuses but plenty of reasons, as always! I did receive your message when we were suffering from all the wildfires and heavy smoke. I had fully intended to reply, at the time, but somehow never did! Other than the weeks and weeks of smoke-filled air, we fared pretty well compared to so many other communities. Only real effect, on me, was that I didn't ride my stationary bike, which I set up on our back patio, as I was worried about compromising my recently recovered, pneumonia afflicted lungs. Happy to say that no relapse occurred. Trust all goes well with your next round of tests, William, and that you will be cleared for a fabulous time in Thailand. Stay well dear friend. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment