Thursday 18 October 2018

Pedicure, Kitchen Sink Evelyn Hardcastle Blues: Thursday, October 18th!

The past is to be respected and acknowledged, but not to be worshipped. It is our future in which we will find our greatness. -Pierre Trudeau, 15th Prime Minister of Canada (18 Oct 1919-2000)






Dear Patrick, Corinne and Clara Thank you so much for a lovely meal, great company and wonderful environs. Your kitchen renos are terrific. Colin and I enjoyed our visit with you very much. Sorry it got to be so late. And such a shame that we could not find the different whiskies in Alberta. We are off now and it looks to be another wonderful day so we will enjoy the scenic drive--going the Princeton route.

I feel badly that we didn't seem to know that you had hernia operations in Sept. Be sure to take good care of yourself--I realize that these are considered common surgeries but they are surgeries nonetheless and your body has been through quite a bit. We also hope that Etta and Duke begin to feel better. I thought your cats were outdoor cats and if they are it is not always possible to control their activities and the things they get into--especially cat fights. I would not want to have an indoor cat only--seems rather cruel to me. We miss having a cat very much.

Unfortunately we will be away when you visit Vancouver this Tuesday. Please be sure to let us know when you will be in town again -- even for a brief coffee visit -- although we would love to have you and Corinne and Chloe come for dinner. We definitely will be around November and December. Corinne you said you would be coming to Vancouver mid-November?? Please let me know the dates. Anyways enjoy Shoplifters--it is an excellent film. Best always Jo-Anne and Colin Naslund

 
Hi Apple Thieves! Glad you enjoyed yourselves! Certainly a delight to see you both and thanks for lovely wine from Portugal. Trust your drive went well and you made it home without incident. Weather has been absolutely gorgeous for last week or so and consequently I'm planning to use my road bike today. Thanks for your concern over my hernia surgery but not really a big deal in the scheme of things. Stay well. See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lady Dar's kitchen help! Guard Cat! Apple Thieves!


Hi Patrick, I gather the lady in the pink sweater is Lady Dar’s mother - I think that she is then a great great grandmother? We’ll be expecting you in the early afternoon on the 23rd -come to our place and we’ll either stay here or go to one of the local coffee bars depending on how you feel. Denise tells me that she prefers her courgettes a little smaller than the one in your photo. see you soon, Bill. 

Hi Courgette People! Sorry I didn't reply sooner but it was a hectic day yesterday, what with both our cats having been to the SPCA, (Vet couldn't find anything causing Etta to limp on her hind, right leg, so has suggested we keep her in the house for a week to rest what might be a muscle strain! Not sure how we will manage this! Have taken to allowing her outside, to go to the bathroom, [Neither she nor Duke have used the litter box since they were kittens, first brought home.], on a leash but this morning the catch somehow unsnapped itself and she scurried away to hide under neighbour's back shed! She is still there, as I scribe, as far as I know, and hope!

With respect to my coming visit, I heard back from Janet and only time we can meet and visit Van Dusen is Tuesday afternoon, conflicting, of course, with your invitation/suggestion. I apologize for all the backing and forthing but if we are to meet, perhaps we could have a drink and/or go for dinner that evening or else postpone the coffee until Wednesday morning. Let me know and I'll try to plan accordingly! Fondestos from Lady Dar busy working away on her next Grandmothers for Africa fund-raiser. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrizzio, Just wondering when I meet you all at the theatre? Possibly car pool to the theatre? Lou Hi Luigi! Lady Dar will probably be going to theater just before 3:30 pm as her Mom, Rosita, will be joining us and she wants to be there early enough to find seats not in front row! You can stop by our place and you and I can go together, not quite as early. Just back from having a pedicure so not sure of your timing. Give me a call if easier. One way or another, we'll see you, I trust. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

I’ll be down shortly. But if you would like to go with your family, please do!! Luigi Patrick, For Bridge, Thursday evening works for me. See you and Corinne tonight at Bookclub. I am looking forward to discussing this book:) Pamela

Hi Patrick, I spoke with my neighbour on the South side (Brent) and he said no problem with you using his driveway to access the bottom of the hillside below my house. He did mention you will need 4WD and not to come if there's any snow or ice on the road (which is dirt/gravel). He said if you see a vehicle in their driveway just bang on the door to let Denise (his wife) know you're gathering my wood. He also mentioned that there's some large logs nearby that you could maybe drag to the far side of the road below my hill so that they act as stoppers when you roll the logs I cut down the hill. Good luck! Phil

Hi Phillipo Bunyan! Thanks very much for making all the arrangements for wood collection. Certainly much appreciated. If any of my pick-up truck pals are free I might try for this weekend, weather being so fine. Trust all goes well with readying house for winter and packing for trip. I'm hoping to take advantage of the gorgeous day to go for a ride myself. In any event, thanks again for Monday evening and all the best for you coming stay in Arizona. Both of us are green with envy at such a wonderful winter retreat. You'll both be missed, of course, at bridge tables and on hikes. [I'll keep you on the various lists I have so that you can stay abreast of happenings here.] Travel safely. Stay well. Fondestos from Lady Dar, in absentia, to you both, still on her volunteer shift at the PGH Info Desk. Thanks again. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Saw the new kitchen now you are cooking with gas. Our old un-maintained red delicious apple tree which caved under the weight actually toppled over, to the delight of the resident deer family who plucked the leaves on the first night, leaving out the apples for another night. I made 120 litres of juice you read right, 30 gallons, street value 600$. 25 litres will make cider and 45 litres were surrendered to the cider press so I got the work done for free. That juice gets 5/5 on the miles travelled from tree to pantry ;-) Hi Cider Chap! What a wonderful, wonderful way to use the fruit! Bravo!!! Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Photos are fab! Clara looks so good!! Carol


Hi Patrick, Mighty fine looking apples for sure. We’ll take some as you can spare. As regards our visit why don’t we make it mid (post 10:30) to late Wed morning before your Doctor's appt? Just give us an idea of what time you’ll appear. cheers, Bill. Hi Kitsilano Kids!! Glad that you will take apples. Stay well. See you next week, on Wednesday morn. I'll phone when in town but I'll plan to arrive shortly after 10:30 am, as suggested. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! 




No comments:

Post a Comment