Thursday 25 October 2018

Rain Rain Go Away Blues: Thursday, October 25th!

Those who compare the age in which their lot has fallen with a golden age which exists only in imagination, may talk of degeneracy and decay; but no man who is correctly informed as to the past, will be disposed to take a morose or desponding view of the present. -Thomas Babington Macaulay, author and statesman (25 Oct 1800-1859)


Good Morning, Raymond! Sorry I didn't call last night but I'll pop by this morning around 8:30 am- 9:00 am, if that suits. I will call just before I leave to make sure you are around. I'm off shortly to the FCCC to use the elliptizer for an hour and then I'll pack up and have a bite to eat. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pat,
I have to leave at 8:45, if you can be there before then. Ray Pat, I have to leave soon and Sylvia is in Minneapolis, so I'll leave the cake on the top step at the front behind the plant pot. Ray 


Pat, Just got home and there is no cake in the container, so either you picked it out or the squirrels got it. The container was actually yours! You will need to add a little alcohol (about 2tbs) each week to keep it moist prior to Christmas. I've added rum for a few weeks but it probably doesn't matter what type of alcohol. Safe drive home. Ray
 
Hi Raymond! Thanks so much for the simply wonderful cake! I was pleased to find it before the squirrels nabbed it! I didn't realize container was ours and as I wasn't sure when we'll be back in Vancouver next I didn't want to take it in case you needed it for something. At any rate, I had a number of large plastic bags with me so I wrapped the cake in it. As it turns out Lady Dar picked up a couple of large tins for Christmas baking she plans to do while her Mom is staying and one will be perfect for cake. Thanks for tip on adding alcohol. I'll probably use rum as well as everyone seems to like this "moistener"! Thanks again for such a lovely gift.


Drive went very well even though it rained all the way to Abbotsford. By the time I'd filled my gas tank and done some shopping at Costco there it was but a light drizzle and then even that cleared up by the time I was close to Manning Park. Rest of drive was on dry roads although it was pretty dark with heavy cloud cover. When I dropped down into Penticton wind was blowing furiously out of the south and there were whitecaps on Skaha. All well at home. Clarisse and Lady Dar made a large batch of ripe-tomatoe pickle, (12 jars), this morning so we are well set with 24 jars of pickled beets, made over last few days as well. 
We are off to Osoyoos tomorrow afternoon to attend the Spirit Ridge AGM. I think you know we own a quarter share so we are the proud owners of a "fractional condo"! Resort foots the bill for two nights accommodation as well as throwing a banquet on Saturday evening. Clara and Chloë will join us but only owners are invited to banquet. Flamin' and Sarge, [They own a half-share.], drove up to Penticton today to stay with Corey/Rebecca tonight. Nicole and Marvin, from Kamloops, will be down, with their son, Jaxon, as well so it should be fun, grandchildren screaming their lungs out! Great that we have our own suite to retreat to. Wayne's uncle, Joe, and Heather, his wife,  (from Chilliwack), will be there as well as they bought a one bedroom, (ours is two), a few months ago. All the Sutherlands golf so they enjoy the various courses around Osoyoos, including one at Spirit Ridge.
Weather permitting, [Forecast is for rain tonight, here, but not in Osoyoos.], I'm planning to ride to Osoyoos. Only about 61 km and almost all, slightly downhill.  Few decent hills, one on way to OK Falls but after that only a few long grades which are not overly demanding, other than a good huff and puffer outside Osoyoos. If wind is out of the north it's a piece of cake, [Raymond's fabulous recipe!], but if blowing from the south ride can be considerably tougher. Anyway, if I don't ride, I'll take my bike as I enjoy riding in and around Osoyoos. 

Trust Sylvia got away without any delays. I had a brief chat with her when I dropped of apples so I did know that she would be away. You had mentioned her trip in an earlier message as well. Anyway, must away as I need to pack a  few things for weekend as I won't have much time tomorrow, before we head south. In the morning I'm going to join a group of people from hiking group who will be doing some yard work for a lovely couple who have both been undergoing treatment for cancer of one sort or another, over last few months. Take care of yourself, Mr Pickleball! Say hello to Mick and Polly for me. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: Had a great visit with Denise and Bill before my doctor's appointment. Took them a bag of apples as well. Lamb for dinner and then bridge with Susan Pitchford and Janet Scott. Back home with Flamin' and Sarge. She's taken up the keyboard! My girlfriend, Etta. She loves sleeping in our bathroom sink!

Pat, Glad you were able to pick up the cake. Still enjoying beets and carrots out of the garden. I can leave them in the ground into the winter usually without too much decomposition. It's quite blustery here today also. Sylvia's flight on Delta arrived in Minneapolis an hour early. Never heard of a plane making up that much time in a relatively short flight. You might remember Rod Holloway. He had a heart attack last Saturday and is still at St.Paul's. He was returning from a bike ride to Horseshoe Bay, managed to get to the sea bus and over to hospital but collapsed in the elevator. It doesn't sound good. Enjoy your weekend in Osoyoos. Ray

Patrick, We talked about possibly playing Bridge tonight...I have had a busy week and I am looking forward to chilling at home tonight. Bill and I just returned from a wood cutting foray up Arawana Rd. I am going to spend the afternoon in the yard putting my plants to bed for the winter. Wishing you and Corinne a lovely afternoon. Pam Hi Wood Cutter Woman! Everyone here was fine with not playing this evening. For my part I'd had a busy few days in Vancouver and was up at 6:00 am to go to FCCC to use elliptizer for an hour before I headed out of town, around 10:00 am. Clarisse and Lady Dar made a large batch of ripe-tomatoe pickle, (12 jars), this morning so they were just as happy to read in front of the fire! Fondestos from Lady Dar and Rosita to you and William. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hey there has to be something we can bring.  Can make it gluten free, dessert?  Appetizers?  Something? looking forward to it! Hi Judith! You Summerlanders are truly pushy people! However, thanks for persisting as Lady Dar would be delighted, as would I, of course, if you could bring a gluten-free dessert. Thanks very much. Fondestos from Lady Dar and Rosita to you, Judy, and James. Cheers, Patrizzio! will do see you both soon!
Hi Bridgites! Great evening this past Monday. Thanks for the grapes, walnuts and apples, Lady Di, the Galas, Olga Polga, the fab hedgehogs, Judy Blue and the delish dessert wine, Carolina! [And for recipe, Susannah!] Not sure what next week looks like for everyone but Rosita and I are free on Monday if people would like to play that evening. Otherwise let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Again, with Clarisse here we are happy to host. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Josinta! Are you and Aarturos planning to join work party tomorrow? If so, would you be able to pop by René's place if he didn't already give you an English version of his book as I will need it for another person in group. I can always drive over to Summerland if you won't be around. Anyway, please let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! I will bring you one Monday night when I join you for bridge! Jos Count me in for Monday. See you soon, Olly Great pictures Patrick!  I can play on Monday.  Thank you.  Dianne. ps. the red wine was delicious😋 Patrick, Monday works for me too. Have a great weekend in Osoyoos Pamela😊👍 Monday is good for me. Susan
  

No comments:

Post a Comment