Monday 2 January 2017

Back Home With Adoring/Adorable, Yet Still Rambunctious, Cat Blues: Monday, January 2nd!

A poor idea well written is more likely to be accepted than a good idea poorly written. -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (2 Jan 1920-1992)


Hi Patricio, Happy New Year and glad to hear you had safe travels and hope it continued all the way home yesterday. I was deserted here at the cabin by Colleen, the boys and Clover as well as our friends Steve and Kari, their dog and son and daughter around 2:00 yesterday and it has been way too quiet since! With not much else to do I just went to the other place for a few hours and tried to get organized for Jerry’s arrival back here to continue working today.


Had a very pleasant new years here at our rec center which I had a large part on organizing. There were a few issues which were not great but I was one of the few privy to these and the general guests had a great time and we had good feedback. I don’t want to get into it now but remind me when we get together to fill you in on some of the stuff that has gone on here that makes it a bit of a minefield of relationships between people and I try to step carefully and wisely to hold it together but it tires me. I would be glad to just not be involved and just show up and enjoy myself in ignorance as I used to.

I will make a call tomorrow and find out when I need to report to work as I am going to go and do some car cannon work on Predator which I suppose is a remake of the Schwarrzenegger movie from years ago. Seems they have run out of new things to write but it pays the bills all the same so I am not complaining. I may or may not be going back to do another season of the Netflix show Lemony Snickets but hope I do as it was very good for me. The coordinator Tony was at odds with the production manager over rates and rentals etc. so I will see what the latest is. 


I have had a lot of fun running the Bobcat and plowing snow , it has come in very handy and I am going to go do another round this morning as we had another 6 “ on top of our 3 feet that is laying around. Very beautiful here I have to say and had such a nice time just waking around with the dogs and ice skating and sledding, the snow has been amazing in making it very memorable time. When do you head off on your next trip?. Give my love to Corrinne and we’ll talk soon. Al 

Hello OF'ies, Happy New Year! It is cold out there, but beautiful with all the snow. Tony & I will be kicking off the New Year with a somewhat relaxing snowshoe up Riordan Mountain. To beat the cold, please bring an extra layer.

We will meet at Home Hardware at 9:00AM in Penticton. Summerlanders can
meet at 8:40AM at the IGA, then make their way out to HH. We would look forward to you joining us. Aart & Tony



Hello Summerland Snowshoe Folk! Glad to learn that you are enjoying the wonderful snow conditions! Terrific time away but wonderful to be back. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and wish you well. Thanks for New Year's wishes. Fondestos from Lady Dar and a Healthy New Year to you both! Chat and see you soon, I trust. Cheers, Patrizzio!  Thank you for your novel "Lost in LA", which I read with enjoyment! I particularly liked the piece about Wole's pinkish red sneakers!Very Happy New Year, thank you for your friendship, which we trust will bloom as Dutch tulips in spring! Luv with hugs, Your Aarturo & Jossefos
 
Thank you for all my wonderful gifts I love them all...especially our matching shoes Chloe xoxo Hi Ayn and Winston, et al! You won't have room on your stove top if you receive any more pots and pans! Mask looks great! Sorry I haven't sent the Christmas snaps along sooner. No excuses, but plenty of reasons! Thanks again for wonderful holiday and to Simi Valley Folk for such a magnificent Christmas Day dinner and party! Give all our love to Los Horridos and The Goils who are trying to find The Lost Burritos! Cheers, Dad/Poppa/Patrizzio! These are great but I am looking for the pics you took on Xmas Eve when we had the roast beef xoxo Hi Ms Tinsel Town! Ask Winston to view Christmas Eve album as I'm sure he knows roast beef dinner is included! Cheers, Dad!

I loved my presents as well! Thanks to every one for the thoughtful gifts. Corinne Me too, wearing my new scarf, a new bra a new top with new leggings and still happy to have read my fav author all the while gazing at new dishes!!!! ❤❤ Hello Kids! Let me echo everyone's thanks for all the wonderful gifts I received! For my part, however, I can't stop gazing at my snow-globe, especially after chewing a Gummy Bear!. Had to put it on the mantle as both Etta and Duke are transfixed with it and I was worried they might knock it onto the floor! Thanks and Cheers, Dad/Poppa!       Happy New Year to you as well thanks for the card. Will write a message later as still having great difficulty with my balance and hearing due to inner ear virus. Otherwise all is fine. Cheers! Roma & Leonard 

Hello Clan Sutherland, et al! Thanks for the call this afternoon Sarge and thanks so much, to you and Flamin' for the wonderful, wonderful hospitality and terrific New Year's Eve! Delight to see everyone, [Great to at least view you, if only digitally, Prince Valiant!], so thanks so much for the lovely visit. Anyway, just wanted to say how much we enjoyed ourselves over the fabulous New Year's visit. [I had half of the overlefts for breakfast this morning, rest will set me up for my session at pool tomorrow!] Fondestos from Lady Dar and a Healthy New Year to one and all! Take care of each other and trust our paths will cross again, in the not too, too distant future. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Healthy New Year, Bridge Folk! Trust everyone is well. Lady Dar and I will be happy to host on Wednesday evening if people are interested and available. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Patrizzio - The Wonder Man! What an amazing moment in life to meet your kind. I must admit, you're more than a friend. You might just be a true friend. I've been taking time to read thru your email, as there is much to read. You make pictures blend into words and describe the world to the mindless being as there is no pace like hell on earth. I admire your achievements and hope to surpass them lol. 

Glad all went well on your return trip and you were able to make out with friends as usual. I hope to meet with these people and see all these places with sunsets etc. So your trip went a little stretch out to Vancouver before heading home, right? How fun!

Myself will be headed to Nigeria in February for a month, just keeping up with whatever! Still in training at work just before school commences next week. Will have barely two weeks before I set off. I will check out something cool for both Lady Dar and yourself while out there. No bike riding in Nigeria!!! Folks do, but am not in for such risk.

Late night here already, but I had such a great time in service for my cross over 2017. Happy New Year and I pray the very best for you in 2017!!! Keep it coming and I will be right back at you!
WAD

Hi Patrick and Corinne, Hope all is well and you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year family celebrations in LA. We are still having fun in Barbados with lots of sunshine, reading and partying. Actually currently reading the latest Louise Penney following your recommendation. Only ten days to go and then we return to the really world. London then Chabeuil scheduled for later this month. Andre returns to Vancouver on April 4th and I am yet unsure whether I will be joining him this trip but hoping to see you both before this time in either France or the U.K. Don't forget to let me know your travel plans once they are finalised. Take care and look forward to being with you both soon. Much love, Rosemary XXX 

A literal brahmin
Photo: Lucus2006
Hi Rosemary, thanks for the news about your sunny time in Barbados. Time and weather in L A was good. Returned home to lots of snow in Vancouver but had a very nice New Years with the Sutherland clan. Lots of snow in Penticton plus cold -13 this am when we got up. Have had a cold since arriving home and have not been out for days. Plan to visit mom and dad soon just waiting to hear about possible eye surgery for mom in February. Will plan trip around that to help out with cooking etc. The only good thing about winter is that it passes.We have decided not to go to Europe this Spring. Just too much going on with parents and upcoming university reunion and wedding.

A Boston Brahmin (Samuel Adams)
Art: John Singleton Copley, c.1772
Will see about the Fall. Disappointed that I won't see you, but who knows what's in the future. Just reading Nutshell by Ian McEwan. It's a quirky read but enjoyable. Take care, always good to hear from you. Hugs, Corinne 

Hi Rosemary! Happy New Year!  I know Lady has already been in touch about our proposed trip to Europe, [I trust it is only postponed!], and I echo her disappointment but realize it is right thing to do, given Dusty's failing health.I'll be attending the VWF fund-raiser, A Dram Come True, in early March so perhaps I'll be in town when Andre is there. Fondestos to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Patriçio, Condolences to Lady Dar, having a cold and a camera-trigger-happy-bridge-nut hubby. Your trip back was considerably less picturesque than my forage to Penticton, but an adventure non the less.

I studied with great interest your bike forays about the City of Angels - and at <15K avg speed I just might be able to keep up! So I have as I scribe (actually just before) ordered a stationary bike from eBay as to hone my endurance (while watching Euro league soccer) for a KVR foray (pre or post stereo cabinet construction) in the Spring. My plan is to haul a bike trailer - already looking at one on eBay - so we can take more vital supplies, (half your malt cabinet inventory) for an extended multi day cycle with overnights at B&B’s or in the worst case - ugh - camping.

This summer, I have decided to go feral and I definitely want to do a kayak excursion in the Broken Islands. Even if I have to go by myself. I have been to the B.I.s many times. There is no feeling like floating downwind from a sea lion colony, (whose members have disgusting personal hygiene - Sandy actually puked) having a gray whale surface 10 feet from your boat (size of a Greyhound bus) and nothing to your left but Japan. Want to come? Did I mention landing a Coho and how good it tastes when it it goes form the sea to a fire in an hour? (Pretty darn good raw too!)

Tonite, in Vancouver, is great - if you are not driving. Cold, low humidity, clear sky. Unfortunately, with snow cover and street lights, not too many stars. But a romantic vision of splendor - the crescent moon and Venus shining bright, now below he horizon. Where are you when I need you Angelina! Tried to take a picture, but couldn’t get the camera settings right. It's a challenge trying to get something bright in the background, trees around your house and the collection of terminally dead plants on my sundeck. Anyway, back to my on-line shopping. cheers//bjp Had to settle for a Pic of my early stage in sandwich making.


Hola Querido Amigo! Quite enjoyed your newsy message. Had thought about stopping in to see Big AL and Colleen at their place in Sunshine Valley, just past Hope, on our way home but poor Lady Dar was just starting to come down with a cold so decided it would be wiser not to expose everyone. As you might imagine, she didn't feel all that chipper, either. On the mend now that I'm feeding her hot rum, infused with freshly squeezed lemon juice, courtesy of the handy-dandy lemon-squeezer, and honey!

Terrific that you are going to be the proud owner of a stationary bike! Perhaps we can Skype each other, while simultaneously watching same thing on Netflix! Like the idea of a bike trailer, especially if you are hauling it! Sarge had one but it was stolen from their parking space at Harbour Terrace. Probably allowed the thief to haul more purloined goods! Glad that you have promised yourself a kayak trip. I'd love to join you, to see the scenery and share the experience but my lower back just won't allow me to sit in the necessary position for any prolonged, (or even short, for that matter!), period of time and enjoy activity. Whirlygig is probably your man or Mark Tanner.
Again, Healthy New Year to you, Ragin'! Fondestos from Lady Dar. All the best, Cheese Man. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Patrizzio - The Wonder Man! What an amazing moment in life to meet your kind. I must admit, you're more than a friend. You might just be a true friend. I've been taking time to read thru your email, as there is much to read. You make pictures blend into words and describe the world to the mindless being as there is no place like hell on earth. I admire your achievements and hope to surpass them lol.

Glad all went well on your return trip and you were able to make out with friends as usual. I hope to meet with these people and see all these places with sunsets etc. So your trip went a little stretch out to Vancouver before heading home, right? How fun!

Myself will be headed to Nigeria in February for a month, just keeping up with whatever! Still in training at work just before school commences next week. Will have barely two weeks before I set off. I will check out something cool for both Lady Dar and yourself while out there. No bike riding in Nigeria!!! Folks do, but am not in for such risk.

Late night here already, but I had such a great time in service for my cross over 2017. Happy New Year and I pray the very best for you in 2017!!! Keep it coming and I will be right back at you! WAD





 

No comments:

Post a Comment