Tuesday 17 January 2017

Forensic Accounting Solar Panel Theo's Steak Dinner Blues: Tuesday, January 17th!

Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (17 Jan 1706-1790) 




Hello Patricio, Just a heads up that I sent you the payment. Hint..think yours not ours! Cheers, Al Hello Valley People! Thanks for transfer. Worked swimmingly so thanks for alerting me to this form of payment. How goes the work on the cabin? Busy here. Tonight we are off to Theo's, local Greek restaurant, one of our favourites, for a free steak dinner! Put on by Pacific Eco Tech as an information meeting to show the latest home energy-saving products as well as advanced solar technologies. I'm always a bit skeptical of these "free deals" but figure we can't really go wrong. Food at Theo's is wonderful and it is only a couple of blocks away so we can walk. Will let you know end result!

Felines are continuing to provide endless entertainment. Must away as we have a meeting with an accountant this morning. We are investigating our options with respect to the Loft and capital gains if we decide to sell. Lady Dar is still keen on another property, hereabouts, but I don't know if I'm ready to let go of our only toe-hold in Vancouver, just yet. As you well know, if we do sell, we'll never be able to afford another property in the city unless we win the lottery! However, I do think it makes financial sense for us to begin to examine our options. Most dramatic effect, will be on Chloë if we do sell, of course, so that is another consideration.

Anyway, all sorts of bridges to cross beforehand. Thanks again for payment. As soon as I receive the rest I'll head down to Gallagher Lake to sign contract and deliver monies. Will let everyone know when that happens. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Must away to lay fire so that place is toasty. She is having a meeting early this afternoon. She suggested a fund-raiser, for Grandmothers for Africa, akin the the Yule Duel, based on Seattle's Figgy Duff at Pioneer Square. Various local choirs sing in Gastown, before Christmas. There are various sponsor-ships and the participating choirs fund raise on their own, giving a % to event. People can purchase a button, [Cora Lee wants to use Dusty's snowman as the image on button.], for $5 and use this button as a vote for the People's Choice Award for best choir. Lady Dar and Flamin' suggested such an event to the city before we moved and Flamin' followed through. This year the event raised $55,000 for the hospice on Wall which Flamin' manages. GFA will partner with a local charity so this is a preliminary meeting to set things in place.

After meeting with the accountant I'll head to the pool for my deep-water walking stint. Weather seems to be warming up here and I gather it is supposed to raining in Vancouver. Hope this doesn't cause all sorts of flooding problems with frozen, snow-covered catch basins! Buona Fortuna! How are plans coming for Sayulita?  Cheers, Patrizzio


Hello Patrizzio! I can come by with payment say about 1:30pm or so tomorrow if that is OK? If you are out can I slide it through a letter slot? Regards, Roberto
Hello RobertoAnytime tomorrow will be fine but around 1:30 pm works as well. Thanks very much. I assume your bundle of cash will be far too bulky to fit through our letter slot so I'll be sure to have our guard cats, Etta and Duke, on the lookout for shady Naramatians!

As well,
last week Lady Dar and I certainly enjoyed the "mystery" bottle you so generously presented us with at the Open House. Unfortunately, she managed to  trick me out of my fair share so it is my stab-in-the-dark guess that the varietal is Verdelho, all by its lonesome. Quite obviously not as razor clean or dry as Albariño, at least to my palette, but more of a rounded mouth feel, with a pleasing, delectable, full opulence. Will be very curious to know what it is. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and Senka. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Guard cat protecting Lady Dar! Etta can't be bothered!  


Hi, The next Jazz at Zias is set for Thursday, Feb 9th, from 7:00 - 9:00. Come out for some great jazz and enjoy dinner, or a dessert or a drink as you listen. We've got some fun songs planned, including show tunes and some old favourites. And Larry and I have struck out in a new direction, with me writing lyrics for a couple of his original tunes. Attached is a poster. The last few nights have filled up, so make that reservation early :) The cover is $10.00 per person. Hope to see you there Do you like to join us Feb.9th? Let us know and I will make reservations. Jos Hi Jos, yes we'd love to join you. What time and do you want to have dinner? Cheers Corinne

Patriçio, I called the Jackal last night, but no answer. Left a message. I suspect he as cashed the check and retired to some small village in Mexico known only to Whirly - (maybe). Obviously, he does not comprehend the significance of being sought by “The Collector”. I have another couple of buttons to push … oops .. I mean clients to contact but rest assured, they can run, but they can’t hide.

Then of course, there will be the matter of my “collector’s fee”. Duke & Eta may just have to adjust to a lower standard of living - perhaps even, they may have to get real jobs. I understand that McDonald’s pays minimum wage, there is always the migrant farmworker option. I expect a lot of opportunity in this sect as Trump is building the Great Wall of Mexico as I scribe. mas tarde//bjp
Ragin' I have a cheque for you from mi hermano Jorge. I will drop an envelope addressed to Dunn at your father's house. This work? Charlie


Good evening all, Just letting you know that I won't be playing Bridge tomorrow. We are going to the Sound Stage production at the Lakeside. Have fun😊 Pam 

Hi Wole! Trust you are well. Must apologize for not being in touch sooner. As I am wont to say, "No excuses, but plenty of reasons!" Have been busy here. How are plans coming for Nigeria? How goes your biking? Take care of yourself, dear friend. Fondestos from Lady Dar! Cheers, Patrizzio!

My dear friend and awesome gentleman! My apologies for also not getting in touch sooner. Very nice of you to fill me in on all the gaps from moments past. I'm very fond of your love for family and peace of mind. You are truly a noble man. I can see all is well with everyone health wise, great news! No, am not adopting your kitty, lol. Just no place to keep one. Thanks for sharing the vision of your property each or adventure shall I say. I trust you to make the very best decision for you future.

I'm doing great health and otherwise. School started, training ended. Bike rides are on going, in fact I just went shopping at Trader Joe's. Doing my best to get on the bike more times in the week since your challenge came along. Not making huge investments for cycling shoes and the rest yet. Enjoying the year so far. God has been good to me.

Will be in Nigeria for the month of February and back to LA first weekend in March. I have a few days to spend in London on my return trip. So looking forward to this one. Of course I will set my eyes on the road trip, hoping all things being equal.

I don't have much photos to send but I'm sure you still remember what I look like. Haven't changed a bit. I'm really grateful for your time and I wish you all the best. Oh, about to take cover the inauguration is at hand, lol...Best regards to your entire family, kittys, and most especially Lady Dar! Wole
 

Hi Wole! Glad you are riding to Trader Joe's! One of our favourite spots when in Tinsel Town for loads of food items, etc, not to mention wine! Glad you will be able to spend some time in London on return from Nigeria, which, in and of itself, sounds wonderful. I am terribly fond of the city as well. We have a number of very close friends there and it is wonderful to be able to explore the city while staying with them. Fondestos from Lady Dar, in regal absentia, to you, Wole, Gentleman Extraordinaire yourself! Cheers, Patrizzio! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment