Tuesday 10 January 2017

Blow Winds and Crack Your Cheeks Blues: Tuesday, January 10th!

The most certain test by which we can judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities. -Lord Acton (John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton), historian (10 Jan 1834-1902) 

Pricket 
Photo: Graham Russell
No snow last night, as forecast, but the wind  is blowing out of the NNW at 25 kmh to 30 kmh. While I won't have to shovel most of the sidewalk I will need to remove some of the small drifts that are starting to accumulate.

Pricket 
Photo: Walters Art Museum/Wikimedia
My wi-fi has been on the fritz, otherwise I would have replied sooner! Yes, I'll be at your place by 6:05, Thanks for driving Pam! Pam Dearest Spumoni! Glad you are now back on line. However, I must pass along Lady Dar's comment that you are never, and she means NEVER, to address the chauffeur by given name. Correct appellation is "Jeeves" as in "Home, please, Jeeves!" or "Pour me another Scotch and soda, NOW, Jeeves!" In addition, it is quite confusing when you write "Pam" followed, immediately by "Pam". Are you talking to yourself? Are you still delirious from your flu? 

Furthermore, as one of Germanic extraction, you, of all people should be more sensitive to the politically incorrect use of "fritz" as in "my wifi has been on the fritz"! Rather "my wifi has not been working, of late" or "my wifi is F$%#*!^-up"! A good kraut girl like you should certainly know better. Fondestos and Cheers, Square-head! Oops, sorry, I forgot you were Italian, Spumoni! Cheers, Patrizzio! :-)) Mike

Hi Patrizzio, I enjoyed reading your update and will welcome our weather. Yesterday I finally hauled myself out of bed after a 5 day flu bug that visited me had me cancel a couple of planned events. Not nice! but on the mend although still a little stuffed up in the sinuses. I should be all good for our next bridge night and am excited to get back into it before I forget everything. Sorry I have a poor memory but you always tutor me back and thank you for that my dear friend. Hugs to you, Corrine, Etta and Duke

Hi Olga Polga! Sorry to learn that you were down with a nasty bout of flu, especially when visiting with grandchildren. However, glad you are on the mend now. Know scads of other  friends and family who have been struck with similar colds or flu since before Christmas. Our good friends in Portland, Marilyn and Mike, came down with something that sidelined them day after we left, December 16th, until day we returned, December 28th! They still had nasty coughs when we stayed with them on way home. Marilyn couldn't even eat Christmas dinner, she felt so poorly.
 
Well, must away to deal with latest snow accumulation.
Exercise will warm me up for pool and deep-water walking this afternoon. I'll be thinking about my bidding, for tonight's game at Josinta's, as I'm making my way back and forth in the deep end of the pool. Fondestos from Lady Dar, busy working on a cross-stitch Christmas project, "Seasons Greetings", for our youngest grandson and his fiancee, Samantha, who will be married this July. Take care of yourself, bridge partner, and travel safely. See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Perhaps we can lend you Duke to help with your recovery!

Hi Patrick Thanks for your email. Can't believe the airfare to St. Martin wow!  I am going to check it out. Hope you have a great bridge game and that your exercising goes well.  Colin goes in for his monthly eye injection.  He really hates going and I don't blame him.  Certainly hope that this may be his last.
Love the Corinne and cat picture!  Take care for now Cheers Jo-Anne 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment