Thursday 12 January 2017

Wild Horse Wild Cat Blues: Thursday, January 12th!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country. -Hermann Göring, Nazi military leader (12 Jan 1893-1946)


Dear OF outdoor lovers, Please see attached an excellent poster from the BCWF expressing their grief over the proposed development in Summerland and its potential impact on the 100 year old Fish Hatchery that stocks 300 lakes in BC. Following is a website with more information, as well as an online petition that's easy to sign: https://sensiblesummerland.com/
 

If you agree with the concerns, please sign the petition if you haven't done so, it is important to get as many signatures as possible. Also, please feel free to send this to anybody you think will be interested or impacted! Thank you. Jos & Aart Dronkers

In Avanti Political Activists! Terrific work on the petition against the proposed development in Summerland. I'm sure the poster will help. Both Corinne and I certainly applaud your tireless, more than important efforts and stand behind your fight. Onward! Bravo!! We'll do our best to  spread the word. In this vein, have you posted the poster on Facebook? That might result in broadening the base of support. Just a thought. Again, dear friends, keep your spirits up in this most difficult and trying time. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thanks Patrizzzzzziiiooo, my love, Yes we have on our facebook page Summerlanders for Sensible Development Cheers, Aartuuuurooooo Hi SSD Attivisti! More good work! Bravo!!!

Just back from my deep-water walking at the pool where I bumped into Paolo, in the hot tub afterwards. He didn't recognize me at first, probably because I didn't have any clothes on! He had cataract surgery last week, as you probably know, and mentioned one of his eyes has a dry spot on it. Dottore prescribed some additional drops so he hopes these will do the trick. For her part, poor Mary Lee has a nasty cough which is now causing her headaches, given the persistence of the irritation. I gather that is one of the main reasons she hasn't been out with The Flatlanders or snow-shoeing.

Thanks again for Tuesday evening. All the best from Lady Dar, cross-stitching in the Rumpus Room, riveted to the TV screen, her eyes cemented on Victor, swooning every time he is in a scene of The Young and the Useless, while Etta and Duke are cat-napping! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Sleepy kittens, last night and this afternoon! I thought being retired was wonderful!
 

Hi! Patrizzio .............. Still have no desire to drink wine. WOW!! This cold/flu bug sure knocked out some of my tasting buds & appetite. Did you know that eating, drinking, exercising & sleeping are my most favourite things in life?!?!?!? Paul keeps telling me that I'm forgetting something .............. I have NO IDEA what he means?!?!??!?! I've put lots of VICKS on my chest to help suppress the coughing which is now hurting my head. I can usually shake these cold bugs pretty quickly but this is a stubborn one & wants to stay with me. UGGHHHHHH!

Thanks for the invite & tickets but I already purchased my ticket last week & I am going to the Grandmothers for Africa with 4 other girlfriends (hubby will not be joining us). I went last year & remember seeing you, Jos, Aart & Tim & Marion there too. I enjoyed a fun time & decided to go again this year. I will see you & Lady Dar there.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your biking trip with Katarina this year. I'm planning one of her biking trips next Apr/May 2018, so maybe you can join us then.
I'm still hoping to find a companion for my hiking/spa trip in June. Paul wants to go to Slovakia but not partake in the hiking or spa week. So what do I do?!?!?!?
 
Sorry to hear about Dusty's decline in health. I understand & can definitely relate to that. My heart is with Corinne & I sympathize with her wanting to be with her elderly parents when there are health issues. I'm still hoping to find a companion for my hiking/spa trip in June. Paul wants to go to Slovakia but not partake in the hiking or spa week. So what do I do?!?!?!?

Keep up the good work on your rehab. You will be ready to walk, bike & hike when spring arrives .................. which I hope is soon. I really dislike this brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cold weather. Stay warm & cuddle up to the kitty cats or wifey!! P.S. I want to see pics of nice sunny sandy beaches!! Wish I was in Maui now!! Mary Lee :-)


Hi Vicks Vapour Rub Woman! By now you will know, I'm sure, that I bumped into this afternoon. Didn't realize that you had such a nasty cough, poor thing. I certainly sympathize as I've had a one or two bouts which not only caused headaches but wouldn't allow me to sleep, so persistent was the irritation. My Mom often used Vicks on my chest when I had a cold, as a child. Lady Dar was even using it the other day and I knew what she was doing before she came into the same room, so recognizable is the smell.

Thanks again for empathy regarding Lady D
ar's Dad. How are your parents? Don't worry about Paolo, in Slovakia, as he'll be just fine on his own. I couldn't take my eyes off the young, svelte Swedish gal who was giving him a massage in the steam room until the lifeguard ordered them out!

Sorry I cannot send you any pictures of sunny, sandy beaches but I can provide a few snaps of cosy cats! Take care of each other. All the best from Lady Dar.  Cheers, Patrizzio


Hello Coralee and Patricio, Now back from my /our Florida travels, and going through my "old" emails, I finally got around to opening your card. Happy New Year to y'all as well. LA was a success, and thank you for the replies from both of you as well along with the various photos. Nice to see Ayn, kids, Chloe (and you) again. Well, must hurry along and back to work it goes. Keep the enjoyment level up in Penticton and live life fully with those new hip joints of yours, Patrick. Love Yda  

Hi Recent Floridian! Welcome home! How are you adjusting to change in climate? In fact, I like shoveling snow and making fires so cold is great, as far as I'm concerned. All the best from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Don't work so hard, Little Evita and the Imperiales!


Hi Patrick Lynne and I are just sitting in a movie theatre waiting to see Manchester by the sea. We're quite a bit early so we have more time to freeze in the air conditioning. I'm very glad to hear that you're moving to NARA Madda you know that resistance is futile and Lady Dar will have her way. 

Yesterday Lynne and I went up to Punta Gorda to go for a walk all the walks her are in swamps cause that's all there is, but it was good we saw some alligators and other wildlife. We then went driving around to see Punta Gorda and came across a interesting marina restaurant right on the waterway call callaloo. It turned out that there was a group of old guys there playing duplicate bridge what a great spot for a bridge get together so I asked them if they ever needed extras and they have my name and hopefully I'll get a call next Wednesday.
Our rental digs here are not as luxurious as Palm Desert so Lynn is a little bit of a state of depression and it's just as well you're not coming. we found that the owners have a collection of videos so we started watching Game of Thrones. We are now almost through the first season and in a great state of panic because we're now thoroughly addicted and there aren't anymore video rental stores in the world, except of course for the Penticton used bookstore on Main Street.
Cheers, Peter Blame Siri for the poor grammar and punctuation above

Hi Crocodile Dundees!! Curious to know what you felt about Manchester By the Sea! I thought it was terrific and I believe I mentioned I saw it with Flamin' in Sarge before New Year's. Just finished making a large Cole-slaw salad, using your green cabbage and red onions for much of it. Parmesano on last night's pasta so please go away more often! We finished watching last episode of Trapped last night and will start with Nobel: "The series originated from its director Per-Olav Sørensen who was interested in making a contemporary story about Norwegian soldiers involved in military operations in Afghanistan." Have you seen it?

Isn't Game of Thrones available online? Funnily enough, we first started watching this series, in Cornwall, in 2013, when Ayn visited. She had seen it when broadcast but didn't mind watching episodes again. Our friends had the first two seasons on DVD and once we started we became addicts, like you two. So hooked, in fact that we ended up tailoring our outings to be home to have dinner in the living room in front of the TV! Cheers, Patrizzio

… this is from MacLean’s magazine, best pics of 2016. Note the jesses … this is not random, this is a trained raptor - on assignment!

Hi Ragin' et al! The attached snaps are from The Burns Street Gazette, best pics of 2017! Note the relaxed posture, these are trained felines, on assignment! Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Sandra D: I keep forgetting to thank you and Ragin' for the fabulous bottle of Synchromesh, the wonderful anniversary present! We took it to Tinsel Town and had it on Christmas Eve! Thanks again. Come and visit and we'll return to the winery and many more besides. [
Glad you enjoyed the wine!! Best wishes for the new year!] Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Duke and Etta, on high alert, in front of the fire, ready to pounce, or, at the very least, yawn! 

Hi Raptor Man! Stunning photograph indeed! One of the people in Lady Dar's Flatlander group told of a friend who discovered an eagle's nest in the top branches of a tree which was blown over on his property. I believe about 11 pet collars were found in the nest!

On a more important matter, I talked with Grant at Dubh Glas Distillery this afternoon and cask futures are on. This being the case, I will need to collect the funds from each of the investors. I will be sending out a message, alerting people. I would appreciate it, as I mentioned, if you could be the "banker" for those in the Vancouver. If you give me your exact street address and preferred phone number, I'll include them in the message and then those concerned can either pop by your place or put a cheque in the mail. Once you've received all the cheques I'll figure out how to get them.

On the other hand, Sarge may well be coming up to Sun Peaks in a week or so. If that is the case, I might just as well ask him to collect the payment as I can collect the cheques there as we will be visiting the same friend, Trevor, from Adelaide, who will be skiing there from January 18th- February 18th. Anyway, as soon as I've been in touch with him, I'll let you and the others know. Thanks. I'm will be asking everyone to make out the cheque to me. Your share will be $312 for a share and a half, 6 bottles. Trust you are well. Take care of yourself. Cheers, Patrizzio


[When are you going up.] Hi Sarge! Trust you are well. As of this writing, not quite sure when we will be heading up to Sun Peaks. Have heard from a mutual friend, Ariane, in Kamloops, that Trevor hadn't said anything to her about cancelling his trip.  [At issue is Tina's Mom's health, as I'm sure you know.] He told her that he was booked to arrive on January 18th and to depart on February 18th. I assume those dates apply to Vancouver. As soon as I hear from either Trevor or Grog, we'll start planning. Have to figure Lady Dar's trip to Winnipeg into all of this as well. She won't know until after the 18th of this month. 

On another matter, I talked with Grant at Dubh Glas Distillery this afternoon and cask futures are on. I had asked Branko to be the "banker" for those in the Vancouver but that was before I realized that you might be coming to Sun Peaks as well. If this is the case would you mind being the clearinghouse for the payment and I can collect the cheques or cash from you when we are there? Your share will be $208, one share, 4 bottles.

Take care of yourself. Love to Flamin'. All the best from Lady Dar, already asleep as I scribe. She has her volunteer shift at PGH tomorrow and has to be at the hospital by 7:45 am! Cheers, Patrizzio!
  




No comments:

Post a Comment