Thursday 19 January 2017

Kitchen Sink and Jazz Night Blues: Thursday, January 19th!

Maybe every other American movie shouldn't be based on a comic book. Other countries will think Americans live in an infantile fantasy land where reality is whatever we say it is and every problem can be solved with violence. -Bill Maher, comedian, actor, and writer (b. 1956) 

Jill Roth: Above the clouds!
Remember, tomorrow we are not crowning a king, or bowing down to a dictator. Tomorrow, our new employee starts his temp job. We’re the boss. -Audra McDonald, actress and singer (b. 1970), on Jan 19, 2017 
Hi there, As I mentioned to Corinne a couple of months ago, Jane and I shall be going to Silver Star at the end of January. More exactly, we will arrive there on Saturday, 28 January, to go back on Wednesday, 1 February. (After that, we're going to Cuba for two weeks on 6 February.)
Now, circumstances have led me to believe I would not fully enjoy four days at Silver Star. And I would very much like to see the two of you, after all this time. So, my humble question is, could you, and would you, accommodate me for two nights, that is Sunday 29 and Monday 30 January. That way, I could deliver and pick up Jane, even do some skiing, and stay the first and last nights at Silver Star.

I know it's a lot to ask for, and I fully understand if it's not convenient for you, but I still hope for a positive reply. Bestestos and fondestos, Marcello Kjell, that would be great. We would love to have you visit. Hugs Corinne
Super! I'll be in touch closer to the fact. Hugs back, Kjell

Hello Wednesday Evening Bridge Folk, et al! Thanks so much to Spumoni, for hosting such a wonderful evening, and to Michaelo for being the rather truculent chauffeur! The spicy nibblage was delish, Spumoni, so thanks for that, and for Aarturo's splendido, artisan Pinot Grigio! The bridge prizes have set a new standard so I will have to try to outdo myself, next week, when Lady Dar and I will host. When you all know your schedules, please let me know who will attend so that we can plan accordingly. Congratulations to Michaelo for being the overall winner ant to Josinta for reducing her playing time by three nano seconds. A small step but certainly one taken in the right direction! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge at its best, if not its finest!

This afternoon, at another Art Gallery sponsored event, the Kitchen Stove Series, [films from TIFF], we saw Marguerite, "loosely inspired by the life of Florence Foster Jenkins. Set in the Golden Twenties, the film stars Catherine Frot as a socialite and aspiring opera singer who believes she has a beautiful voice." We enjoyed Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant in the latter but as Lady Dar observed, Hugh's role as husband was far more sympathetic and supportive than that of Marguerite's husband, so an interesting twist on a similar plot. Have you seen these films! Then on to more culture, a fund-raiser for Grandmothers For Africa, at the Barking Parrot at the Lakeshore Hotel. Had invited Norm and Rochelle, our neighbours, across the back lane to hear the jazz band. Bumped into Spumoni, as well as Maj Jong Mary and her husband, Paolo, plus their friend, Lorenzo! Delightful evening all around.

Hello! I think it would be a great idea to have buns and cold cuts too. We have mayo and mustard at the mountain. The lasagna is a costco size and the little men are not always biggest fans. I can bring a package of havarti cheese if needed. Just let me know Saturday morning. Take Care, Ariane ��������
Hi Sun Peaks People! Sorry we missed your call, Trevorino! I was playing bridge and Lady Dar was at her book Club. Glad your flight went well. We'll bring cold cuts and buns, Ariane, for Saturday's lunch so condimentii and cheese will be great. Thanks. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment