Friday 15 February 2019

Clan Sutherland and Freeloaders are Back Blues: Friday, February 15th!

The question is not Can they reason?, nor Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? -Jeremy Bentham, jurist and philosopher (15 Feb 1748-1832) 




Bridge this coming Monday! Ok let me know when you want to pick it up. I am home most days during the day. Parking is an issue on my street right now so probably best is my driveway (although presently it needs shoveling) I will do that soon Judy Hi Snow Shovel Woman! I will give you a call later this morning, after I shovel my own sidewalks! I'm off to the pool to do some more deep water walking so if you are around when I leave I'll drive by then. Probably sometime before noon but if that doesn't suit, then later on in afternoon. Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio! Yes I will be home then b4 noon and after for that matter See u when you get here JB

[Patrick James Dunn Buy 12! Corinne Durston Patrick James Dunn Glad you like it. This is for Ayn. Prices are very reasonable. Judy B Pratt Love the colours. Is it needle point? Corinne Durston Judy B Pratt no bead work by local indigenous peoplePatrick James Dunn Next round of bridge prizes!]
 Dear Darjeeling, et al! Methinks you are spending too, too much time in the hot sun and your brain has addled as a direct result. I mentioned, messages and messages ago, that book club is on same night as PAG's Chili Cook-off and Sendero Strata Goil has a meeting. Do you want me to buy tickets to give to someone? Duke is quite interested! He has been most helpful with my culinary endeavours, of late, and was extremely helpful when I was preparing chicken livers, [Naughty Nancy sent me a blow by blow recipe for her chicken liver paté when I replied to her reply to the Valentiine's card I sent to her. Ha!], pointing out various spices with his paw! Miss Etta, meanwhile, was going crazy with the old bathrobe cord, much to his annoyance, of course! Cats today! [I hope you have mastered this receipt as I love Nancy’s chicken liver pate. Looking forward to eating it on my return. Hugs C]

Not as much snow last night but I'll sweep off sidewalks and driveway before I head out, back to pool for more deep water walking. Will pop by Judy Blue's, en route, to pick up her card table as I'm hosting on Monday. Sarge said he would call as Clan Sutherland are riding into ton today, to stay at Sendero Hole in the Wall. Not sure when Satellite Gang from Kamloops will arrive but apparently it is a Full Famiglia meeting, carving up the protection rackets in the Okanagan! Easy to arrange as apparently they have "moles" in the Penticton RCMP Detachment! Might take Tony Lip along to take care of me. Must away as lots to do, especially since I've to comb hundreds of photo albums for Ms Tinsel Town! Love and Cheers, Patrizzio/Dad! Pics: Robertito and friend!

Sorry I did forget about Chili night conflicts. I’ve been watching Black Earth Rising and really enjoying it. Am now on episode 6. Give Robbie my love and all the Sutherland Clan. I’m jealous would like to see Green Room. Quiet here now that Bruno and Carol have gone. Will see Lynette several times next week and Jane and Kjell are coming on Wednesday for the night. Agneta is off to PV with Suyin and Shani. Did you like the picture I send for Valentines. It was of flowers Bruno got Carol on the 13th. The mask on my face book page I bought in the market Thursday. Plan to give it to Ayn for house warming. Chloe are you interested in one? There was a great one there in red and oranges. Off to shop for dinner. Love to all, Lady Dar/Mom

Introducing Nils Vincent Rothenbühler: Dear Corinne and Pat, We are happy to announce the birth of our son Nils Vincent Rothenbühler on the 28th of January 2019 in Herlev Hospital, Denmark. Sabine and Nils are doing fine, they were able to return home on the same day. We are all enjoying the time together at home with Lia and Max affectionately caring and helping their little brother wherever they can. With best wishes from Copenhagen, Nils, Max, Lia, Sabine and Simon Hi Steel Magnolia! Trust you are well. Have you ever made contact with Simon? Cheers, Patrizzio!
Welcome, Nils Vincent! Congratulations to your parents and siblings! Hip Hip Hooray! Love from Corinne, Ayn, Chloë and Patrizzio!
  
hey patrick, great to hear that you appreciated the taste of my homemade sausage at the few potlucks they made it to. i have a little care package of homemade sausage, freshly made this week. I know your a bachelor right now and possibly suffering some mild malnutrition. Anyway, I have a small batch of samples. You around on Sunday? I'm skiing tomorrow then hockey game so busy all day, but could drop it off Sunday if you're around. cheers Norbert
Hi Gunderbeck! What an offer, indeed. Thank you very much for your more than generous offer which I am simply delighted to accept. I'll be around on Sunday so anytime it suits you will be fine with me. Fondestos to Sandy. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Are u alive?? Come up to corey’s 

Mom’s colonoscopy Results! The colonoscopy found cancer. The cancer is at the joint of the small & large colon where they had cut out the previous cancer. Her previous cancer was on the small colon as you know. The joint is grown in and  narrow because of the cancer & would be a part of the pain she is feeling.
Next step - took blood work today, plus given her recent pain on sides and lower back DR ordering an urgent CT of the stomach area to make sure no other cancer is present. The internal DR is also going to set up appointment with a surgeon who will review colonoscopy, blood and CT scan results- once reviewed he will meet with Mom to discuss options/next steps.  
We are at Marlo’s at present waiting to see if Mom has any gas pain like the last colonoscopy she went through! Both Mom & Barb had little sleep last night & are exhausted. Other than being tired mom seems to be feeling good. George Well that is crappy but at least she knows what is happening. The options could be more surgery or radiation to shrink the tumour which would help the pain and ease the bowel symptoms she gets and not be as hard on her as surgery. Depending on the amount they would have to remove in a surgery she might need a colostomy. Pat

Not great results. Mom is probably relieved to know what is going on, even though as Pat said crappy results. Thanks for keeping us informed. I will let the girls know. Love Corinne Going into this I believe she was expecting something given what she has been experiencing. Will continue to watch over her and update you as always. Barb Not what I had hoped to hear. Hoping it has not spread further. Will call her over the weekend Hello Phantom of La Peñita! Devastating diagnosis for Clara but I feared as much, given her history, etc. Anyway, will just have to wait and see. If you are talking to her, please give her my Love. Still no word from Greg about when he is planning to visit, nor from Toshi.

Great mask, indeed! I think you should get one for Chloë and with any luck she won't like it and we can keep it! [Thank you!! 🙄 Parents....sheesh! Daughters.. ....double sheesh!] I did see the gorgeous flowers. They are lovely. Glad you are enjoying Black Earth Rising. Difficult, difficult topic but dealt with in a truly remarkable way given genocide, while terrible beyond belief, was such a complex social madness.

I'm to have dinner with Clan Sutherland tomorrow evening. Talked to Flamin' when I was just back from pool, about 5:30 pm. Will probably go wine-tasting with her and Sarge tomorrow. Picked up six bottles of Township 7's 2016 NBO just before I collected card table from Judy Blue. She is working at Vees' game tomorrow. On to pool to do an hour and a half today so pleased about that. Bumped into Ken, (former minister at Oasis, girls), in full life-guard mode. I asked him about Osoyoos and he said so far new position was going well. Chatted with a chap in steam room who worked for a couple of the mines at Elliott Lake but he started in 1958, year after we left.

Had a message from Norbert, today, and he is dropping off some of the sausage he made this week, on Sunday. He heard, "through the grapevine" I guess, that I was a "bachelor" and he felt I might be suffering from malnutrition! Told him I was skin and bones so could really use a very large Care Package! Hope he delivers what I asked for as it is delicious stuff. Also had a message from Simon and they just had a another son, Nils Vincent, on January 28th. Sabine and Nils returned home same day as birth! [I'll forward message, of course!] Don't think they've had time to visit Maggie, but don't know for sure.
Was quite mild today and after I did a bit of shoveling/sweeping of sidewalks and back driveway, the sun melted what little bits of snow and ice were left. Quite a marked change, even from yesterday, when Robbie was whining about cold on way to and from Landmark. Haven't talked to Chloë today so don't know what their plans are for rest of weekend. Robbie tried on my boots last night and they fit so there is talk of a snowshoe outing at some point. Very, very complicated with Katie in the mix as she is worried about weather and driving!
Anyway, I'm happy to lend him my snowshoes and poles. I plan to return to pool on Sunday and gang are snowshoeing at Idleback on Monday, Family Day, with David leading so I'm looking forward to that. Give my regards to Lynette. Where is she staying? With Agneta? Must away as I want to continue watching The Break. Treated my self to an episode after dinner as I was watching fascinating round table discussion, on KCTS, regarding Trump's declaration of National Emergency. Pics: Frozen present left on door mat this morning when I went out to shovel! Burns Street billboards!
 
Hello again, Famiglia Rothenbühler, et al! What simply wonderful news! Congratulations again, particularly to Sabine, Super Mother Extraordinaire, returning home same day as giving birth to Nils! Did she run a marathon on way back from hospital? I'm sure she took First Place! From the lovely pictures everyone in gorgeous family is extremely well.

On another matter, we are currently planning a trip to Europe this coming September, after Lady Dar's wedding season is over. Itinerary is not yet set in stone but we would love to see The Cruel Swiss wherever they are, Bern or Copenhagen. Lady Dar, of course, has not seen you as recently as I have done and wants to rectify this situation. As soon as we have a better idea of our travel plans we will be in touch. At the moment, we will be travelling with Flamin' and Sarge, meeting in Vienna and then making our way, by rental car to Dubrovnik. They fly to Rome from there and then home, while we will stay for another month or so. Which other countries we visit then is still under consideration. Take care of one another. Stay well. Fondesos and Bestestos to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio! [Nick's older brother, Simon, and family, living in Copenhagen for a year, while he is doing a research project. I saw Simon this past May when in Bern, before family moved to Denmark and I conducted my own research project in Berlin!]


 

No comments:

Post a Comment