Sunday 17 February 2019

Naughty Nancita's Chicken Liver Paté Blues: Sunday, February 17th!




During the night I found Duke curled up beside me, something he has not done for ages. He stayed that way until 6:30 am when I got up to feed them. They both went out, voluntarily, after licking their plates clean and I was able to sleep until 8:45 am. Phoned Chloë and she said they would come for breakfast at 10:15 am, before heading to Vernon. Katie had left Sendero much earlier that morning.

I had zapped a large yam the night before so sliced it up and after frying up some bacon, cooked the chunks in the bacon and its fat. Fried up some red onion and yellow pepper for scrambled eggs but waited until close to their expected arrival time before adding eggs. In fact they didn't arrive until almost 10:45 am but all was well and they really found the breakfast tasty. Robbie had a second helping of everything so no overlefts. They'd had a grand time on the Carmi trails on Saturday and were hoping to keep my snowshoes, etc., for today, in Vernon, but I'm going back to Idleback with gang tomorrow so needed my equipment. Think they might try to cross-country ski instead, this being the case. [They'll spend the night with Katie, Brian and the kids and then Chloë will drop Robbie off at airport on her way back home.] Anyway, they thanked me and took off and I cleaned up before tackling the photo albums. Found quite a few snapolas for Ayn so plan to mail them tomorrow after snowshoeing.

Norbert arrived around noon and we had a brief visit. [He approached me out of the blue but said that they had been to a number of our Open Houses and hadn't really brought anything. Not really true but nonetheless, extremely generous.] He took a beer and we chatted for twenty minutes or so. He brought a wonderful array of different types of sausage and I'll keep the one batch of frozen ones until you are back, Lady Dar. I plan to make my sandwiches for tomorrow's outing from some of the larger salami he included in wonderful package. After he left I made a quick run to Rona to buy a nut for bathroom sliding door. Door came off a few days ago and Norm came by on Friday to re-jig it but suggested a nut might lock the bolt in place so a good idea. Chap at Rona picked right drawer on first try and I had to shell out 45 cents for two nuts! Then on to Safeway to buy chicken livers and a large onion as I plan to make Nancy's paté for bridge tomorrow evening. Treated myself to a bottle of Balvenie, Caribbean Cask, at liquor store next door since I saved so much money at Rona!

When home I phoned Norm and told him I had found the right-sized nuts and he said he would be over shortly. He arrived, with his daughter, Alison, in tow. Lovely, lovely young woman, [You can see some of Norm in her face.], and we chatted amicably while Norm worked away. He had door back in working order before long. I offered them a drink but they said they'd take a rain-check. Must away as I want to vacuum while the felines are still outside, and then set up card table, etc. Probably won't have all that much time after snowshoeing and letter mailing.


Hello All, If anyone has any pictures of snowshoeing or skiing at the Carmi Trails could you please send them to me? As part of the Save the Carmi Trails the decision has been made to send as many pictures as we can collect of people skiing, snowshoeing or hiking to BCTS. Thanks for your help. Margaretha Chloë:
Forwarded to me from your Mother! Please send any to Margaretha and myself. Thanks, Dad!


Hi, Patrick!! Thank you for the email. I’m really excited to see you and Chloe. I will fly in on February 27th and leave March 2nd in the morning. I let you know as soon as I got my tickets.

Hello All, If anyone has any pictures of snowshoeing or skiing at the Carmi Trails could you please send them to me? As part of the Save the Carmi Trails the decision has been made to send as many pictures as we can collect of people skiing, snowshoeing or hiking to BCTS. Thanks for your help. Margaretha
Chloë:Forwarded to me from your Mother! Please send any to Margaretha and myself. Thanks, Dad!


Hi Patrick Thanks heaps for your card. Hope you are well and enjoying some sunny cold weather--it has been sunny and cold here. Yesterday we were packing soccer jerseys to send in a container for youth centres in Rawanda. Thought this may be of interest: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HuSx3z0E6g>
If you can give me Janet's phone number I would be most appreciative as I wanted to talk to her about travel to Delhi. Also want to talk to you about this as we are planning a trip that way. Take care and I hope you are behaving yourself. Lots of love and good wishes. Jo-anne and Colin


Hi Marps! Glad you enjoyed the card. Speaking of Rawanda have you watched Black Earth Rising? On Netflix and I recommend it most highly. Thanks for the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain clip. Quite something. Here is Janet's number. I'm sure she will be more than happy to share her incredible wealth of knowledge with you. She did much the same with helping us plan our trip. Lady Dar is probably one to talk to as she did most of our booking, etc., although we can certainly chat about trip itself. When are you visiting Penticton! No time to misbehave.  Fondestos to you and Colin. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick Would have loved to play that day ...BUT...I had committed a month ago to help out with Seedy Saturday at the College on the 23. Thanks for calling...see you tomorrow evening. A Regarding tomorrow's game, a friend said I could call and check if we needed an 8th. A


 

No comments:

Post a Comment