Saturday 2 February 2019

Summerland Slide Highway 97 Closure Blues: Saturday, February 2nd!

I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream. -Vincent van Gogh, artist (1853-1890) 


Hi Patrizzio Jos just informed me that she will miss Tuesday afternoon's 
Bridge at the Summerland church and I just wanted to know if you would to play with me. Just let me know. Hugs, Olly Hi Two No Trump Tuesday Goil!
I'd be delighted to partner with you this coming Tuesday. Should we meet at the church? I believe it is for 1:00 pm. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Will you be hiking on Monday? Hi Patrizzio,

Great idea to meet at the church at around 12:45 as play starts at 1pm. Also I'm hoping to hike on Monday with the group but I have to wait and see if I am feeling well enough. My neck is giving me grief but hoping to see you at Summerland IGA at 8:55 or so. Hugs, Olly Hi Snowshoe Snow Plow! Sorry to hear about your neck. Hope you are feeling better by Monday. In any event see you at 12:45 pm on Wednesday. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Beach People! You will be glad you are in La Peñita as the dreaded Polar Vortex is supposed to bring nighttime temperatures dipping to -17º C over next few days! Today, however, it is melting and I was able to fill my plastic pail with water. Douse the ashes from fireplace before putting them in yard waste container.

Had arranged for G/L to drive up to Sendero to see the new house around 11:00 am so I cooked up a tasty scramble of eggs, bacon, mushrooms, green peppers and oniones, with toast for visitors, beforehand. I stayed home to clean-up and have a shower before we were going to a craft shop in Summerland as Lurch wanted to look for quilting material or some such. They were back before I had showered as after a quick tour kids wanted to leave. You may have heard that there was a landslide about two miles north of Summerland, so Highway 97 was closed. Sutherlands had to drive to Princeton and then up to Connector and then to Kamloops to airport!
Furthermore, there was a severe weather warning for Vancouver and temperatures at Big White were going to be cold, cold, cold. G/L decided they really didn't want to ski under such conditions so Grogg cancelled their reservations and they packed up their bags and hit the road, worried about how nasty things might be tomorrow. I think they did the right thing although I was sorry to miss out on Front Street dinner. I might have gone with Chloë BUT when I talked to her about G/L popping in for a quick look at her place she said she's been up at 6:00 am, sick as a dog, with copious vomiting and diarrhea! [She's feeling a bit better now but not interested in food of any kind yet.] I had also arranged to drop in to say hello to René and Terry when we had finished with craft store. Had to call René to say things had changed. Hope I might see them this coming Tuesday as Olga Polga wants me to be her partner. Jos cannot make it. Not sure why.

Then I had to call Front Street. [Talked to Lisa when I was back from Sendero and she understood and said they look forward to seeing us when you are back.] They don't open until 5:00 pm and I left a message explaining cancellation. When phone rang I thought it might be Lisa but it was Chloë so that's how I knew she was feeling a tad better. I'm going to take your car up to Township 7 as I want to pick up six bottles of their NBO. While out I'll run up to Sendero to take Chloë some Ginger Ale and Drano! She never made it to toilet and vomited in her sink. She cleaned up as best she could but it still isn't draining properly. Poor kid. Should give your little bug a good run, however, before Deep Freeze sets in.

With respect to Jean, I sent her the offending message on January 30th. I wonder what John thinks of her writing. Ironically, I never wanted to comment but she kept asking me to do so and so I tried to be as positive as possible in my suggestions. From my point of view, I cannot but think that there is something far more troubling going on with her, psychologically/emotionally, for her to react so violently. Kill the Messenger! I can only, wonder, as well, about the editor she mentioned who likes her proposed book. Anyway, must away to run errands. Fondestos to The Qualicum Beachoids and to you my Darling Waspness! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Dinner last night and farewell this morning.

Caroline COOK | Obituary | Vancouver Sun and Province:

http://vancouversunandprovince.remembering.ca/obituary/caroline-cook-2019-1072488949 Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot to me. Peter

Sounds like you are almost a shut-in! I hope your “meals on wheels” driver can help you restock the hooch. Looking forward to coming out. Will work on the dates and firm up with your later. I thank you for the open invitation! Greg Hi again, From Shut-in Central! Driver most uncooperative about hootch and refuses to bring me any high octane rum or malt, insisting upon mushy peas and over-cooked broccoli only! However, made up for it, and more, tonight.

[Kirsty Tassell, Chris and Trev at Sun Peaks!]

Lady Dar will be glad she's in La Peñita as the dreaded Polar Vortex is poised to dip mercury to -17º C! Balmy for The Peg, I know! Today, however, it was melting and I was able to fill a plastic pail with water. Douse the ashes from fireplace before putting them in yard waste container. Had thought about mixing in some alcohol so it wouldn't freeze. Charcoal cocktails are in, apparently! Must away as I want to put some more wood on the fire and then watch a couple more episodes of Black Earth Rising. Do you know this series? Well worth watching as far as I'm concerned and it keeps my mind off my terrible loneliness, bitter cold, spoiled cats and over-cooked carrots! Fondestos to Spumoni. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Sleepy Duke!

Hi Everyone - Joan is still in the UBC Hospital. Her mobility is still restricted to the extent that she is not able to go home as yet. She looks fine and her pain is tolerable when she is in bed (with the assistance of drugs) but her motion is constrained and the pain is a problem when she is upright and trying to walk. She reports that the hospital meals are tolerable. She is passing the time reading the newspapers and the New Yorker. Fingers crossed that there is improvement by the end of the weekend and she gets to go home. Thanks all for your good wishes which she appreciates. Best Wishes....Paul
 
Hi Paolo and New Hip Goil! Glad to hear that operation was successful but sorry to learn that you are still in considerable discomfort, Joan. Perhaps you could have Paolo fly you here and I could nurse you back to health, having undergone two hip replacements, as you know. You'll be snowshoeing no time! You may have heard that the Lighthalls sold their house and will have to be out by end of May, moving to Victoria to live in a condo that won't be ready until July! Take care of yourselves. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

Hi Quick Getaway People! Trust drive went well. Around 4;30 pm I took Lady Dar's car for a spin as it hadn't been driven since she left. Went up to Township 7 to pick up six bottles of their NBO, latest release but winery was closed when I got there. Thought it was opne until 5:00 pm. Stay well. Thanks for great visit and wonderful wine/malt. Cheers, Patrizzio!  
 
Hi Patrick Will you be here for "Whiskey and Words" or is the new incarnation worth the effort? -Colin Hi again, Colin! Forgot to mention in earlier message that I probably won't be driving down to the event. Line-up looks quite interesting but since I can attend SOWTS five times a year I don't really feel the need, quite as I used to, to attend. Like to support VWF but can't do everything. Furthermore Lady Dar returns on March 7th and my shoulder surgery is scheduled for March 12th. Busy time on Burns! Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hi Kits and Salish Sea People! Trust everyone is well.You both asked when I might be in Vancouver next but probably won't be driving down to the VWF event, Whiskey and Words, March 8th. Glad to hear The Heartbreak Terrace still stands even if its former proprietor keeps falling down! Come and visit and snowshoe if you want some serious training! [See album below.] Take care of yourselves. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: While Grog was here he called Chopper, aka Nigel Amon, and we had a brief chat. He and Karen are now living in Parksville!


No comments:

Post a Comment