Sunday 10 February 2019

Return to The Idleback Blues: Sunday, February 10th!

I see too plainly custom forms us all. Our thoughts, our morals, our most fixed belief, are consequences of our place of birth. -Aaron Hill, dramatist and writer (10 Feb 1685-1750)


Very sorry to hear about Bill. I’ve not had internet again for past 3 days. Hopefully tomorrow it will get straightened out. I’m at Agneta’s to pick up some books. Carol and Bruno are out for a drive with friends. Lynette arrives on the 12 to SAN Pancho. Will call Love Cora Lee
 

Hello Duhlink! Up at 5:30 am to feed the kittens. Had gone to bed at 10:30 pm so wasn't too, too upset to have been roused that early. After I fed them, Duke went into the Rumpus Room so I closed the door behind him. Had to corral Miss Etta and toss her out the front door. Back to bed to sleep until almost 9:00 am! By the time I'd sent a few messages and had breakfast it was time to drive to Sendero to collect Chloë. I was going to show her some of the trails at Idleback Lake now that I know some of the routes thereabouts.
Almost exactly half an hour from her place to where we can park, just of the road, at entrance to Idleback. It was pretty brisk as thermometer showed -19º C. Fortunately there was hardly any wind and we were protected from that when on the fairly narrow trails running through the woods. Sky was a gorgeous blue and it was more than pleasantly warm when in the bright sunshine. Didn't have any trouble following the tracks we'd made two Thursdays ago. Chloë only wanted to be out for but two hours so we trudged along, quite happily, chatting amicably and enjoying the almost absolute silence, [nothing but the crunch of our shoes and the squeak of our poles], for an hour and then we retraced our steps.
Didn't return to the car, following the exact route we'd taken on way out but turned off, onto the road which services the small campground on the shores of Idleback, and following it made our way to the lake itself. Snow is much shallower here and we even followed the steps Margaret, David and I left last Thursday, once close to where we had chatted with an ice-fisherman on that occasion. Really, really pleased with outing as I can now add this particular route to the list of places I'll be able to take other friends and visitors who might like to snowshoe as well. Furthermore, outing can be quite easily extended to increase distance and incorporate slightly more challenging terrain. Now that Chloë has experienced route she, of course, can also bring her friends here. Great to be getting to know more of the surrounding countryside. Hip Hip Hooray! [Thanks, Selfie-taker! Love, Dad!]
 

Must away as I want to shower and change and then start on dinner. Chloë will come over around 6:30 pm, to eat and watch next episode of True Detective and more Fargo! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio/Dad!

Tim Kelly Looks fabulous however a tad too cold. Meanwhile we are heading for 115f in Sydney tomorrow Patrick James Dunn Perhaps I should send a load of snow and ice!
 
Thanks for updates and pictures of your outdoor outings I see everyone is keeping well I'm back in Summerland but not venturing out too far Outdoors in This cold snap I need to get some good grip-ons and gators and was told the best place would be at Mountain Co-op in Kelowna...Well we know how that goes!! In the meantime I am going to the gym for exercise and at the pool to be in the best possible form fit to hike or snowshoe whenever I feel brave enough to join the group.
 

In the meantime I am taking in all the local plays such as Soundstage," Beyond Therapy" last Sunday matinee in Oliver,..."Swing Dance " at Many Hats,..."Mama Mia"at Cleland and finally "Legally Blonde" here in Summerland at Centre Stage It's good to be back on Canadian turf but with it goes the Canadian snow blanket...which makes for many beautiful photos
To your health and hopefully join you on a hike before long Cheers 🙏😊 Elle (Murielle) Hi Murielle! Welcome home! Pleased you made it back safely. Sounds as if you are pretty busy. You should join gang tomorrow in spite of "crisp" weather! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Monday Hikers! 'Twas a lovely evening indeed! Chloë came over around 6:30 pm, to eat and watch more episodes of Fargo! She just left and I'm off to bed to red for a bit and then get a good night's sleep for tomorrow's hike. See you both at HH. Cheers, Patrizzio!



Italian Shoe Ad! Wow! Pretty impressive..but I don’t seem to remember it! My memory is fading fast. Arrivederci! Hi Big Molly! If you didn't spend so much time posting historical photos, [Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the walk down Memory Lane!],  you would remember the really important things! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment