Friday 8 February 2019

Snow-shovel and Corn Brush Blues: Friday, February 8th!

Please subdue the anguish of your soul. Nobody is destined only to happiness or to pain. The wheel of life takes one up and down by turn. -Kalidasa, dramatist (c. 4th century)


Little bit warmer today as it has been snowing lightly for most of the night. Once I've fortified myself with java I'll head out to shovel and sweep. With any luck I'll have two feline helpers and perhaps the extra exercise will drain some of their energy. Right now they are counting snowflakes from their perch on the front windowsill! Am planning to head to the Community Centre later this morning to do a session of deep-water walking. Looking forward to sauna and steam as well. 


Thks for this Patrick Just to let you know, when unloading the car yesterday we found a very long green apparatus in the back section. Since it isn’t ours we assume it is yours. We are into Penticton this AM and Summerland and then Penticton again. We will deposit said green thing on your front door step if after knocking on your front portal, there is no response.

If a positive response to door knocking then of course the said green thing will be ceremoniously handed over to the rightful owner. We just at this remove are not understanding the momentary timing of our transit through the neighbourhood called Penticton. You will have a better understanding of said timing later on the time continuum when scrapping on your portal occurs or you trip over a green thing later in life. See ya later alligator David


Hi Portal Pacey! Certainly appreciate your anticipated return of the Green Thingamajig! For your edification is is an extremely valuable, hand-crafted, extra-long, carbon-fibre, abstract Japanese sculpture, of Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun, purloined the from a Shinto temple we visited in 2012. It is literally worth its weight in gold so I do appreciate you offering to return it rather than selling it on eBay! I trust you will be able to find your way to the wrong side of the KVR tracks in the neighbourhood of Penticton, given the recent snowfall. For your trouble I will have a bottle of the finest Sake, for the lovely Margareta, as I'm sure she is the one who insisted the priceless Thingamajig be returned to its rightful owner. In a while, Crocodile! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick I’m back and brrrr!! I haven’t read the book yet and was wondering if you have finished and I could borrow yours? No worries if it doesn’t work out. I will get it. Hope you are getting in lots of snowshoeing and or skiing;) See you next week. Michelle D Hi Belize Cousin! Welcome to The Deep Freeze! Trust your stint in the tropical sun was wonderful. I haven't finished Becoming but I think Dame Judith has. You could give her a shout, or perhaps Luigi. About next week, it is my understanding that we meet on Thursday, February 21st, at our place. Have been having a terrific time, both hiking and snowshoeing. Yesterday's outing was marvelous. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrizzio: Just listened to your e-mail. We are literally heading out the door for a wine event. Yes the book club is the 21st and yes you are being the gracious host. My Becoming is on my reader, and i have actually loaned it to Colin. Can't help you there. Take care. hope you are doing well, and not missing Lady Dar too much. Dame Judith Hi Dame Judith! Thanks for confirming date of book club. I was pretty sure it was the 21st but Michelle threw me off for a moment, even though I had it marked on calendar. How was your wine event? Cheers, Patrizzio!

We'll come and pick you up around 6:00pm tonight. We have reserved 3 premium seats for dinner and music!🐄 Aarturos & Josinta Hello Summerland Chauffeurs, et al! Fabulous! Now I know how Lady Dar must feel, with servants, galore, doing her every bidding and acting on her slightst whimsy! Would you like to come earlier and have a malt beforehand? Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello Summerland 
Chauffeurs, et al! Fabulous! Now I know how Lady Dar must feel, with servants, galore, doing her every bidding and acting on her slightst whimsy! Would you like to come earlier and have a malt beforehand? Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Sorry about misunderstanding yesterday. I did appreciate your concern. I had sent a message to both Jimbo and St Kilian but perhaps neither took a look at their email before outing. I apologize for the confusion. At any rate, I trust your venture was as enjoyable as was mine with Steel Magnolia and Sasquatch Man!


Hi everyone, I'm delighted that I will be able to join you at Bridge night at Jos's on Tuesday eve especially since I've been away for so long. It will be so good to see everyone again and play a little as well. Hugs, Olly Thanks Patrick. I can play next Tuesday night. Dianne I can play Tuesday night. I can also drive 3 others. I can play Tuesday the 12th. Susan 

Hello Bridge Sisterhood! Thanks for replying, everyone. Count, as of this writing, is seven so we will have two tables. (Michaelo, are you around? Please let me know if you will join us to make eight! Mariola is more than welcome and no better time to start learning than after a holiday in the Tropics!)

Pentictonites, please arrange how you will hie yourselves to Burns Street. Green Gables Goil very kindly offered to drive but can only take four, (Judy Blue is in like a dirty shirt!), so I will chauffeur the five of us to the farthest, darkest reaches of Summerlandia. Please be here at just after 6:00 am. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Off to see Shawna Caspi, folk-singer, and Under the Rocks, a Kelowna-based bluegrass group, at Dream Café, with Josinta and Aarturos, this evening. Have you heard of either? I've not so looking forward to discovering new talent. 

Hi all. Just heard that Monday's talk is cancelled due to rock slide. Do we want to play Monday instead? Dianne Patrick, I can’t play Bridge on Tuesday nights. Have fun! Pamela YES, Monday would suit me much better! Jos Hi All hard, and quick bidders, All traveling is done, so it is time for me to join this wonderful bridge company. Please count me in, and let me know when and where. Last time I heard the game might be at you place Jos? Cheers. Mike 
 
Hello again, Bridge Sisterhood and Michaelovitch, (Welcome Back)! Never imagined that the Bridge Group would be affected by the landslide BUT the talk at OK College, on Monday, which many wished to attend, has been cancelled. [Thanks for alert, Dianna!] Question now is would most people prefer to play on Monday instead of Tuesday? Please let me know your preference and I'll make an executive decision as soon as I know which date is best for most. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Does get complicated! Count your numbers and if you need and 8th I can come either Mon or Tue evening. We will defer our Kelowna run until Wed, in hopes the new detour will be functioning. Either nite is ok with me Judy Either night is fine but I prefer Monday. Thanks. Dianne Hi all, I'm with Jos, Monday evening is best for me. Hugs, Olly Mondays are our hiking days, so I would prefer Tuesday night. But host of the game should make a final decision. Cheers. Mike I like Mondays, too. Susan Hello Monday Nighters! Response was overwhelmingly in favour of Monday so we will play at Il Palazzo di Dronkers at 6:30 pm on February 11th. Writ in stone. No more changes! Pentictonoids please arrive on my doorstep at 6:10 pm so that we can carpool. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio 👍

Thanks for the update! Good to learn that you are keeping warm and cozy...and in good company as usual. We are enjoying the good company of Ann and Gary who arrived on Tuesday. Today is Gary’s birthday. He, Ann and Peter are off to play golf momentarily while I will go for a nice long walk — all in an effort to burn some calories before our celebratory dinner at Mamma Gina’s. Weather is still not very Palm Desert-like temperature-wise but, at least, it is super sunny.
Cheers 🥂 Lynne

Hi Super Sunny Girl! Pleased you and your company are enjoying the good life! Apparently Lady Dar continues to do the same, participating in the Lives of the Rich and Famous, a mantle you will soon be wearing once you seal the deal on the Mansion in Naramatia! Stay well, take care of each other and enjoy the sun! Fondestos & Bestestos to you both. Hello to Ann and Gary and belated birthday greetings to him. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Good Snowy Morning, I have attached a copy of the 2019 Kiwanis Quiz Night registration for your review. I hope you are able to attend again this year.
Thanks...Doug Button
 

Hi Doug! Trust you and Hanneke are well. I didn't reply right away as I had to ask Aarturos and Josinta what their plans were as we teamed up with them last year, as you might recall. Unfortunately, the entire team is unable to participate this time around as Lady Dar is returning from Mexico that evening and I am picking her up in Kelowna, while Bodil is arriving from Calgary, with Arlo, that same day. I asked Chloë if she would like to form her own team but she has a regular strata meeting that night. 

I am truly sorry as we certainly enjoyed the event and had a grand time for such a good cause. I will, however, mention the event to those in our book and bridge club, as well as any others I might think would be interested. In any event, trust it will be a successful affair. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Patrizzio. Sorry to hear that you are unable to make it this year but I certainly understand. I do appreciate your support through your positive comments to the book and bridge club. Hopefully the event date that we select next year will fit your schedule.  Regards...Doug Button.

Hello The Sisterhood! Just back from enjoying a really terrific evening.  Took in Shawna Caspi, folk-singer, from Toronto and Under the Rocks, a Kelowna-based bluegrass group, at Dream Café, with Josinta and Aarturos. While Aarturos and Josinta knew Shawna's music, I had never heard of her. Was most impressed with her thoughtful, social justice lyrics, strong voice and solo guitar playing. While I'm not a particular fan of Bluegrass, Under the Rocks changed my mind, at least with the repertoire they played, a mix of traditional and their own songs. All very accomplished musicians and Chloë Davidson, on fiddle, made her instrument wail like no tomorrow! What a delight to discover new talent. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Fiddler's name is Chloë Davidson!



Hello Music Fans! Enjoyed a really terrific evening this evening so thanks to Famiglia Dronkers for alerting me to event. Lovely to see you both, Rita and Grappa Man! What a delight to discover new talent in the company of such good friends. Fondestos & Bestestos, Cheers Patrizzio!  
 
Nidifugous Nestlings  
Britain’s Birds and Their Nests (1910) Illustration: George Rankin
Image: Internet Archive
We enjoyed it also, with you and with the great music. Thanks for the great pics. Both were good, Shawna more socially motivated and serious, Under the Rocks with tremendous energy and enthusiasm. What we like a lot is young people making this type of music which generally requires more musical/instrumental skills than the average rock or country & western band.😍🐄 Josinta & Aarturos  

Don’t know them but sounds like a very enjoyable evening. Matt  

Hi Glasgow! Really a terrific evening at the Dream Café. When are you returning to share in the discovery of new talent as well as doing some extreme snowshoeing? Cheers Patrizzio! What a great cosy evening. Hi again, Glasgow! Needed it to be cosy as temperatures on latest hikes and snowshoe outings have been pretty frigid to say the least! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment